Scotland v Liechtenstein

MySpazz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was at the game last night, absolute bedlam when we got the winner :) guys on their needs thanking god :laugh:

where was brown all night? did nothing, didnt even support hutton when he went down the flank. mcfadden wasnt interested. boyd had 1 oppertunity but was never supplied with a decent ball all night bar 1.

game changed when we brought morrison on, he did really well and robson did well when he came on.

fantastic finish from frick for leichtenstein.

where was brown all night? did nothing, didnt even support hutton when he went down the flank. mcfadden wasnt interested. boyd had 1 oppertunity but was never supplied with a decent ball all night bar 1.

QUOTE]

Brown is not a right winger, but I get the feeling Levein had told him and McFadden to play narrow and let the full backs bomb forward. Unfortunately I think he forgot to tell the full backs to bomb forward until Wallace went off.

Part of the reason Boyd was never supplied with anything is because he hid all night. I've never seen a striker stand so still all night. McFadden got booed for losing the ball after trying to dribble the length of the pitch, but I personally thought he was waiting for Boyd to make a run to he could slip it through, but unfortunately Boyd just decided to run alongside Faddy meaning where Faddy was running into became congested with defenders and he lost the ball. Not saying Faddy was brilliant by any stretch, but he wasn't helped by having nothing to aim at.

I'll start by saying it was a very poor performance.

However being 50 years old I have witnessed dozens of glorious failures watching Scotland but seldom have I seen dreadful successes. For me that's what Tuesday was.

I want to see us play well and win. But if we play poorly and qualify I'll take that.

We all know we currently have a squad of limited ability. That doesn't mean they don't deserve our support. In some peoples eyes maybe some of them don't work hard enough for the cause.

We as supporters must never be guilty of the same.

Alba Gu Brath

Brown is not a right winger, but I get the feeling Levein had told him and McFadden to play narrow and let the full backs bomb forward. Unfortunately I think he forgot to tell the full backs to bomb forward until Wallace went off.

Part of the reason Boyd was never supplied with anything is because he hid all night. I've never seen a striker stand so still all night. McFadden got booed for losing the ball after trying to dribble the length of the pitch, but I personally thought he was waiting for Boyd to make a run to he could slip it through, but unfortunately Boyd just decided to run alongside Faddy meaning where Faddy was running into became congested with defenders and he lost the ball. Not saying Faddy was brilliant by any stretch, but he wasn't helped by having nothing to aim at.

i know brown isnt a right winger but he has played there before and was very good at it. the amount of times hutton got forward and had no support was unbelievable, hutton was the right wing.

i was behind the goal in the west so if boyd was static then fair enough, mcfadden tried to take everyone on then when he lost it he didnt do much to get it back, looked kinda slow aswell.

but hey, we won :)

I don't remember Hutton getting forward all that much compared to what he normally does, but I could be wrong. Didn't think Wallace got forward as much as we should have expected, there was a big difference when Robson came on in that respect even though there wasn't much end product.

Faddy twice tried to win the ball back but ended up fouling his man - after that he seemed to throw in the towel a bit and it wasn't a suprise not to see him come out for the second half.

I don't remember Hutton getting forward all that much compared to what he normally does, but I could be wrong. Didn't think Wallace got forward as much as we should have expected, there was a big difference when Robson came on in that respect even though there wasn't much end product.

Faddy twice tried to win the ball back but ended up fouling his man - after that he seemed to throw in the towel a bit and it wasn't a suprise not to see him come out for the second half.

Sorry, i wasnt very clear, what i meant was everytime hutton got forward there was little, if any, support for him, until very late on where we were practically camped in there half.

would liked to have seen wallace bomb up and down the line like he does at hearts, him and hutton are very similar.

totally agree that robson came on and made a very big impact with morrison on the left wing, the 2 of them combined well, only lacked in the penulimate ball.

i dont know how brown managed to stay on the park for the full 90.

Hutton was so poor on Tuesday and should be dropped for the next few games. He still thinks he is a 9 million pound player and hes never been worth a 1/4 of that.

But he was our best player against Lithuania - think it's a bit harsh to drop him for a few games after one poor game, especially when just about everyone else was rank rotten as well.

But he was our best player against Lithuania - think it's a bit harsh to drop him for a few games after one poor game, especially when just about everyone else was rank rotten as well.

I must admit from watching MOTD last night that the ex *** had his first good game in a few seasons yesterday. We need all our players to be on form for the up coming games so while I don't rate him at all I hope he keeps this up in the next few weeks and proves me and many of the other doubters wrong.

I must admit from watching MOTD last night that the ex *** had his first good game in a few seasons yesterday. We need all our players to be on form for the up coming games so while I don't rate him at all I hope he keeps this up in the next few weeks and proves me and many of the other doubters wrong.
He's still by far the best (when fit) that we have......

Games against the Czech's should define our Campaign. I honesly couldnt care how (badly) we performed as long as we get the results against these stuffy organised outfits. Rangers, Man U during the week?

We have a good chance of progress.