Game in Danger?

O'Rourke

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a bunch of moaning idiots here. I'm not renewing my season ticket because of cancelled games due to weather, get real. Saints have no control over the feckin weather nor can they control one of the hardest winters in years. Bet the same idiots would moan like feck if the game went ahead on the cow field we have got the now. The referee calls the game off not saints.

Do so called supporters think saints are happy with the call offs? Lost 1000 off gate against partick now maybe 1600 against Aberdeen.

Take it nobody on here moaning that saints are shite saw or heard the wind and rain last night. Away and moan bout the shot bus service instead.

Saints should have arranged a pitch inspection for 9am and announced it yesterday afternoon when they and everyone else were aware of the overnight weather conditions.

We have went from a well organised club to a shambles this season due to the way we have handled the cancellations this year. There is nothing we can do about the weather and the current condition of the pitch but we must up our game in the way we treat our supporters and travelling fans from other clubs.

Saints have messed up again and we have to accept that.:oops:

Not sure the club can be faulted for the state of the pitch at the mo given the weather over the past few months.

I reckon the USH, which they had to put in, is the root of the problem and they didn't realise the problems it would cause.

As for todays game. Anyone there during the week would have seen it wouldn't take a lot to make that pitch unplayable given what refs call off for nowadays....that said, the club should have really made inspection earlier, although I suspect their thinking was to give it the morning to see if the pitch conditions improved.

How many other games were postponed in Scotland last Saturday, and how many others have been postponed today? I think you're missing a point here Mikey...

I think thats the reason people are so hacked off today.

The only game postponed last week and as of now the only game postponed today.

The live TV schedule has been announced by SKY and ESPN up to the split this week and we have not been selected for any games yet again. It cannot be because of the team on the pitch and is more to do with the fact that the stations do not ever think our games will go ahead.

The live TV schedule has been announced by SKY and ESPN up to the split this week and we have not been selected for any games yet again. It cannot be because of the team on the pitch and is more to do with the fact that the stations do not ever think our games will go ahead.

:?

That's a good thing?

It means our games won't be moved from a Saturday 3 o'clock kick off! It doesn't matter how many times you're on the T.V, you still get a share of the pot.

Shaggy, you've gone way over the top there. Herts, maybe a bit too defensive of the club.

Yes the weather is out of the clubs hands but an earlier inspection would have been a good idea. I can understand why it was so late,the club would have wanted to give the game as much chance as possible but notifying fans of a doubt last night would have been the honest and fair thing to do.

I travel from Edinburgh and yes its a struggle to get to every game, but its a struggle I'm willing to deal with for the club I choose to support. If I wanted it easy I'd support the old firm.

Cheer up folks, at least we aren't threatened by extinction!

Edited by tony_polster

Saints should have arranged a pitch inspection for 9am and announced it yesterday afternoon when they and everyone else were aware of the overnight weather conditions.

We have went from a well organised club to a shambles this season due to the way we have handled the cancellations this year. There is nothing we can do about the weather and the current condition of the pitch but we must up our game in the way we treat our supporters and travelling fans from other clubs.

Saints have messed up again and we have to accept that.:oops:

This is exactly right.

Also, the real culprit is the USH, therefore the SPL's fault.

We had one of the finest surfaces in the country before we encountered the SPL and its ridiculous requirement for USH. Maybe they can fine themselves.

Not sure how proactive the club have been to take effective action to protect the pitch when bad weather is forecast. I accept there has been a prolonged period of bad weather but it is strange how we are the only game off in Scotland today. Hopefully come the summer the club can get the pitch dug up and the drainage problem finally resolved.

Great another mid week game which I wont make, season ticket a total waste of money. It wont be fixed for next year and with 10 team 'heaven' on the agenda for the first time in 25 years I don't think I will renew

Cheap company in crap install which causes problems later shocker. For all Broon has done for us, his penny pinching is killing us slowly. Gone is the young ambitious, forward thinking man that saved us and for this is untouchable by some and all that is left is an old miser more worried about using the prem to build up a 1st div war chest and parashoot payments for when he decides to cut the budget further and go back down into oblivion. If teams like Motherwell, Killy etc expect to stay in the SPL then so should we....but no we expect to go down, prudent maybe...yes as a contingency not a business model

Now some of this may or may not be true, but to many potential / lapsed fans this is the perception of the man and the club and thats why they stay away. The ambition has gone out of the club

The only thing that can save us is a cup win...and right now the only thing my 40 odd quid a month is good for is hopefully securing tickets for this

You can only afford to do what you can afford hence cheapest crap company.

Its Geof Browns money if he decided to put in £2 for every £1 donated by our Bawbag/ club is a joke supporters then he would probably need only to donate £20 quid.Get a ****ing grip of your selfs we have no controll over the rain/snow/frost/fog it happens we can take precuations try and protect against it but it is not working so get over it, I blame every one in the western edge housing scheeme the park was okay before they built them and all their rain water now runs down to the lowest point McDairmid park we should charge all them up there £200 per house for ****ing up our park,and filling up our drains with their water.

And when i am on the subject Dundee fc is to blame for wanting the SPL to deduct points and fine us so we get,get ,get aye get relegated and join them in ths 1st Division next year by telling referees to cancell our games

So there.

and they wonder why fans are quickly losing interest in this farce of a product. Another midweek game which i need to leave work for and another ticket out if my nephews season book he can't use. Waste of money.

my wife works early evenings so cant attend midweek games , think we only had motherwell at home scheduled for midweek on fixture list at start of season

the number of re-scheduled home games has become a farce , cant believe someone had said in previous post its not the clubs fault

perth doesnt have a monopoly on crap weather

everyone knew that rain was forecast last night so why oh why were the covers not left on

to hell with re-newing my season ticket next season

they can't be faulted for the pitch but 11.15 is 2 hours too late. if there is a reason for the time all parties should put their hand up now. i woke up assuming this would be off so i'm not surprised but the time is the major factor here.

I am sure somebody has said here the USH is at the wrong depth, if it is who is responsible for this, and do we have a claim. would this affect the drainage too?

Asking how many teams play in perth isn't really an issue either the league is called the Scottish Premier League. also HSF you just know somewhere in perth theres a team playing somewhere or there's a pitch in perth which is ok.

All in all on the surface this is very bad from saints.

:?

That's a good thing?

It means our games won't be moved from a Saturday 3 o'clock kick off! It doesn't matter how many times you're on the T.V, you still get a share of the pot.

While from a fans point of view it is great although I wish a few of the away games would be shown from a club point of view its not, as it will make the selling of pitch side advertising and shirt sponsorship harder next season.

my wife works early evenings so cant attend midweek games , think we only had motherwell at home scheduled for midweek on fixture list at start of season

the number of re-scheduled home games has become a farce , cant believe someone had said in previous post its not the clubs fault

perth doesnt have a monopoly on crap weather

everyone knew that rain was forecast last night so why oh why were the covers not left on

to hell with re-newing my season ticket next season

Eh, so where has it been posted that the covers weren't left on last night?!

they can't be faulted for the pitch but 11.15 is 2 hours too late. if there is a reason for the time all parties should put their hand up now. i woke up assuming this would be off so i'm not surprised but the time is the major factor here.

I am sure somebody has said here the USH is at the wrong depth, if it is who is responsible for this, and do we have a claim. would this affect the drainage too?

Asking how many teams play in perth isn't really an issue either the league is called the Scottish Premier League. also HSF you just know somewhere in perth theres a team playing somewhere or there's a pitch in perth which is ok.

All in all on the surface this is very bad from saints.

How many teams play in Perth is an issue when folk are moaning that our game is the only game in Scotland off. Y'know it can be raining in Perth heavily and sunny in Dundee at exactly the same time. Perth gets different weather from other places in Scotland so to compare our game being off to say Forfar or Dundees being on is ridiculous.

...but those surfaces probably have adequate drainage systems.

How many teams play in Perth is an issue when folk are moaning that our game is the only game in Scotland off. Y'know it can be raining in Perth heavily and sunny in Dundee at exactly the same time. Perth gets different weather from other places in Scotland so to compare our game being off to say Forfar or Dundees being on is ridiculous.

...but those surfaces probably have adequate drainage systems.

i know all about weather it can be raining in tulloch but dry in perth city. but still 11.15 is much too late

I know that but we don't know the reasons behind the late pitch inspection so can we all refrain from a slagging match towards Saints until we know/if we find out.

HSF it is clear that Saints should have done this at 9am.

No argument, debate or waiting for explanation will change that.

Saints have handled this badly.

That's not slagging them. They've left themselves open to that themselves.

I know that but we don't know the reasons behind the late pitch inspection so can we all refrain from a slagging match towards Saints until we know/if we find out.

thats why i said earlier that all parties responsible should pu their hands up now. if they couldn't pysically get a inspection earlier than they should say that

Having discovered a drainage problem deep under the pitch during the very wet late autumn, the club carried out what repairs and remedial actions were feasible mid-season and in addition invested a substantial sum on the purchase of protective rain covers.

Supporters will be aware that the pitch has been very heavy in recent weeks and with prolonged rain forecast from Friday afternoon the rain covers were in place in plenty of time.

Regrettably, with the pitch already at full water retention capacity, 16 hours of continuous rain - which ran off the protective covers as anticipated - nevertheless appears to have resulted in a weight on top of the covers which has had the effect of pushing underground water back up to the surface – something akin to standing on a wet sponge.

Although the covers were removed promptly this morning, and work immediately carried out to drain the pitch, the referee deemed the match unplayable.

Having taken every possible precaution to get the game on today, everyone at the club is hugely disappointed at the outcome and would wish to apologise for the disappointment caused by this postponement.

There is no date for the rearranged game and in the meantime

There is yer statement.

Having discovered a drainage problem deep under the pitch during the very wet late autumn, the club carried out what repairs and remedial actions were feasible mid-season and in addition invested a substantial sum on the purchase of protective rain covers.

Supporters will be aware that the pitch has been very heavy in recent weeks and with prolonged rain forecast from Friday afternoon the rain covers were in place in plenty of time.

Regrettably, with the pitch already at full water retention capacity, 16 hours of continuous rain - which ran off the protective covers as anticipated - nevertheless appears to have resulted in a weight on top of the covers which has had the effect of pushing underground water back up to the surface – something akin to standing on a wet sponge.

Although the covers were removed promptly this morning, and work immediately carried out to drain the pitch, the referee deemed the match unplayable.

Having taken every possible precaution to get the game on today, everyone at the club is hugely disappointed at the outcome and would wish to apologise for the disappointment caused by this postponement.

There is no date for the rearranged game and in the meantime

There is yer statement.

Unfortunatly nothing about the time of inspection

How many other teams play in Perth?

Kinnoull Juniors played not very far away from McD last Saturday, St. Johns are playing on the North Inch today.

Thing is that St. Johns amateurs inspected their pitch before 9am this morning, they didn't wait until 11.15 to do so and their opponents will probably only be coming from Perthshire!

I don't think people are necessarily so pissed off at the postponement as the timing of it. Maybe Ghostie has taken it too far with demanding resignations this time, but surely it can't be too long before somebody has to take responsibility for this weekly farce

What a bunch of moaning idiots here. I'm not renewing my season ticket because of cancelled games due to weather, get real. Saints have no control over the feckin weather nor can they control one of the hardest winters in years. Bet the same idiots would moan like feck if the game went ahead on the cow field we have got the now. The referee calls the game off not saints.

Do so called supporters think saints are happy with the call offs? Lost 1000 off gate against partick now maybe 1600 against Aberdeen.

Take it nobody on here moaning that saints are shite saw or heard the wind and rain last night. Away and moan bout the shot bus service instead.

You're the idiot St Mikey if you fail to realise that fans are not criticising the club for the call off, they are criticising the club for the way it is done and how late ( yet again) they have left it..