Massive Blue and White Away Day, Inverness Saturday 19th Feb 2011

The ghost of Jim Morton

Well fellow Saintees, we are nearly there. We have done pretty much all we can. Can I just say a big thanks to everyone who was involved in getting this off the ground. To bigstu for his kind gesture in printing our poster FOC. To The Reverend for designing the thing and to all the guys who went round asking people if they would put them up.To all the bus conveners for getting them full, to the club for it's promotion of the idea on the OS, to Messers Bannerman and Masson for giving us some good press coverage and of course Ginger Baker for his energy and endeavour in getting the ball rolling, then pushing the day forward to people. Finally to all of you saints fans making the trip up to Inverness. Whatever happens now, we are gonna have a great day out, a great sing song and with a bit of luck the boys will bring the 3 points home..

Brilliant team effort guys and gals..

Cyas all up in Inverness...:D

COYS...

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well fellow Saintees, we are nearly there. We have done pretty much all we can. Can I just say a big thanks to everyone who was involved in getting this off the ground. To bigstu for his kind gesture in printing our poster FOC. To The Reverend for designing the thing and to all the guys who went round asking people if they would put them up.To all the bus conveners for getting them full, to the club for it's promotion of the idea on the OS, to Messers Bannerman and Masson for giving us some good press coverage and of course Ginger Baker for his energy and endeavour in getting the ball rolling, then pushing the day forward to people. Finally to all of you saints fans making the trip up to Inverness. Whatever happens now, we are gonna have a great day out, a great sing song and with a bit of luck the boys will bring the 3 points home..

Brilliant team effort guys and gals..

Cyas all up in Inverness...:D

COYS...

You MISSED out congratulating yourself -so i will spare your blushes and say THANKS Mr Gordon Muir for your involvement in the organisation of this "event"......I am sure other would also like to give their thanks on the morning BUT unfortunately you will be in the Advance party in the Highland Capital......Be a nice touch if everyone could thank Gordon .......I believe he is staying at the Royal Highland hotel Inverness Telephone number -01463 231926.........the switchboard is 24 hours so any time of day or night and ask for Gordons room......well done Gordon.

You MISSED out congratulating yourself -so i will spare your blushes and say THANKS Mr Gordon Muir for your involvement in the organisation of this "event"......I am sure other would also like to give their thanks on the morning BUT unfortunately you will be in the Advance party in the Highland Capital......Be a nice touch if everyone could thank Gordon .......I believe he is staying at the Royal Highland hotel Inverness Telephone number -01463 231926.........the switchboard is 24 hours so any time of day or night and ask for Gordons room......well done Gordon.

Yip...great effort (not so) big man

:laugh::laugh::laugh: ERSE!!!!!

at the weekend BBC news said that Inverness area would get snow on friday (tomorrow), now they are saying there will be snow in the Inverness area on saturday. Nae idea if all day or part of the day. Fingers crossed the game not affected.

Can all of you getting the 09.50 train, please keep quiet as I will be trying to get a sleep :wink: :wink:

at the weekend BBC news said that Inverness area would get snow on friday (tomorrow), now they are saying there will be snow in the Inverness area on saturday. Nae idea if all day or part of the day. Fingers crossed the game not affected.

Can all of you getting the 09.50 train, please keep quiet as I will be trying to get a sleep :wink: :wink:

Are you a fecking weather anorak,it's all you're on here about:):)

the Jeanfield 208 Saints buses are booked into the Portland Club, Portland Place. (Turn right when exiting the train station, along Academy Street, past the Sports bar.)

and children ARE allowed into the portland club

That is a slightly simple version of it. As it says out the front door of the station turn right and follow Academy Street all the way to the Friars Bridge Round about. If you were driving it would be the second right you are looking to take at the round about so those walking it is probably easiest if you cross the road before you get there, so that you are on the other side of academy street that the sports bar is on. The roundabout is rather busy so if you go on the other side there are traffic lights across the bridge.

Once on that road its a right before the black bridge and you should be able to hear the noise.

As posted on the "How are you getting to Inverness" thread, I have won 2 tickets for the match but I am having trouble getting to Inverness.

I am still working on a couple of options but I would be very interested if someone has a space in their car leaving late Saturday morning. There is a free ticket in it for you.

Hazel has already put in a bid for the tickets if I can't go, but I would love to be part of the 2500 :wink:

As posted on the "How are you getting to Inverness" thread, I have won 2 tickets for the match but I am having trouble getting to Inverness.

I am still working on a couple of options but I would be very interested if someone has a space in their car leaving late Saturday morning. There is a free ticket in it for you.

Hazel has already put in a bid for the tickets if I can't go, but I would love to be part of the 2500 :wink:

there was a guy called ron cole he had 2 spaces in his car, dnt know what time he was leaving, could you not get the 208 bus