Jim Weir should be sacked IMMEDIATELY.......................

chopper

...........don't worry its not a serious title (although some may think so)

From the Courier - notice the bolded section.

GRATEFUL THOUGH he is that leaders St Mirren blew the chance to move 15 points clear of his side earlier this week, Dundee boss Alan Kernaghan admitted yesterday the Dark Blues have more immediate concerns than pegging back Saints.

The fact they only drew with Airdrie on Tuesday night was good from our point of view, he said. But wed be getting ahead of ourselves if we started worrying about them at the moment.

We have to focus on building on last weeks performance against Brechin and getting better.

Kernaghan revealed how Dundee and Tayside rivals St Johnstone have helped each other prepare for tomorrows clashes with Stranraer and Brechin respectively.

While we were playing Brechin, Saints took on Stranraer and now the fixtures are reversed, he pointed out.

So Jim Weir has helped us out with a run-down on them and weve reciprocated.

McDiarmid Park coach Weirs briefing has re-inforced Kernaghans own view that Dundee will need to be on their toes defending free-kicks and corners.

I thought Stranraer were pretty decent when we played them here a few weeks back, said the Dens manager.

Jim has confirmed that set plays, defensively speaking, will be vital from our point of view.

Kernaghan is taking an 18-man squad to the south-west. Included in the travelling party will be Steven Craig and, providing they came through under-19 team action yesterday unscathed, youngsters Mark Allison and Graham Hay. Theres no place for Gavin Swankie or the injured Stuart McCluskey.

Former Saint McCluskey can, however, expect to be offered a new contract when his initial short-term deal expires later this month.

Kernaghan also hopes to have Algerian midfielder Mehdi Guerrouad return to Dens next week for a second trial spell.

A bounce game has been arranged for Tuesday evening to allow the club another look at Guerrouad.

I am starting to get really annoyed by apostrophes and speech marks cutting the posts!

I think this is disgraceful. We all know it goes on but to admit it in public in this way is disrespectful to our opponents. This does neither club any favours in how we are perceived by the footballing public and will make Brechin and Stranraer all the more determined to get one over on us. Maybe I'm overreacting but I think this is pathetic and I have lost what little respect I retained for Kernaghan.

I think this is disgraceful. We all know it goes on but to admit it in public in this way is disrespectful to our opponents. This does neither club any favours in how we are perceived by the footballing public and will make Brechin and Stranraer all the more determined to get one over on us. Maybe I'm overreacting but I think this is pathetic and I have lost what little respect I retained for Kernaghan.

I certainly haven't lost any respect for Kernaghan (especially as he is doing such a great job as our undercover figure bringing Dundee down :wink: ) as these things do go on often. As for admitting it in public, is it not the same as when Alex McLeish and Gordon Strachan came out in the media and said they shared information on Artmedia Bratislava before Rangers Euro ties with them???

I certainly haven't lost any respect for Kernaghan (especially as he is doing such a great job as our undercover figure bringing Dundee down :wink: ) as these things do go on often. As for admitting it in public, is it not the same as when Alex McLeish and Gordon Strachan came out in the media and said they shared information on Artmedia Bratislava before Rangers Euro ties with them???

I don't think it is the same. McLeish and Strachan were sharing info on behalf of 2 Scottish (ahem) clubs playing in Europe. The equivalent would be Rangers and Celtic sharing information on Livingston and Dunfermline.

Maybe you are right about Kernaghan though. He is doing a decent job at Dundee. :lol:

I don't see it that way at all. Don't you think that the Brechin and Stranraer managers will also be using whatever contacts they have available to get some info on their opponents? Kernaghan and Weir are probably good mates, so I don't think the fact that they talk to each other from time to time - and football comes up in the conversation - is much of a revelation.

I don't see it that way at all. Don't you think that the Brechin and Stranraer managers will also be using whatever contacts they have available to get some info on their opponents? Kernaghan and Weir are probably good mates, so I don't think the fact that they talk to each other from time to time - and football comes up in the conversation - is much of a revelation.

You've missed my point bh. I'm saying it's disrespectful to say you've done this publicly. Ian Campbell may well have been on the phone to someone seeking info on Saints, (in fact probably Kernaghan!) but you don't hear him spouting it to the papers. I'm not sure that AK and JW are good mates by the way.

You've missed my point bh. I'm saying it's disrespectful to say you've done this publicly. Ian Campbell may well have been on the phone to someone seeking info on Saints, (in fact probably Kernaghan!) but you don't hear him spouting it to the papers. I'm not sure that AK and JW are good mates by the way.

I do understand your point, but I just don't see what's disrespectful about it. If anything, I reckon it proves Saints are taking their opponents seriously because they're taking the time to do their homework and swot up on them. You could say that actually talking about it publicly maybe even shows them more respect that is really required!

I just don't understand what element of it you find to be disrespectful.

I do understand your point, but I just don't see what's disrespectful about it. If anything, I reckon it proves Saints are taking their opponents seriously because they're taking the time to do their homework and swot up on them. You could say that actually talking about it publicly maybe even shows them more respect that is really required!

I just don't understand what element of it you find to be disresectful.

Maybe we should just agree to disagree. I feel I'm not going to win this one. Possibly I'm just riled by the fact that Weir is doing anything to help those tinky scumbags and I should have just been up front about it instead of coming up with some cock and bull about disrespecting opponents. Maybe my medication has stopped working. Hey, I've just won employee of the month, I earn minimum wage, I wish I was dead, have a nice day. :P

Maybe Jim was talking about the pies on sale at the ground.

Im sure sharing info is common within the inner circles of the game, but Id rather wear my rose coloured glasses and think know one from our club would be assisting the dundee in any way.

If it was a cup tie and they were in div 3 as a part time club, Id be happy in more ways then one, with a member of our staff having a friendly chat to them, but not whilst they are in the same divison as us.