Perth Panthers / Black Hawks

jimbo_1884

• 1 month later...

Should be a good game on Sunday night at Dundee Ice Arena.

Braehead Clan are in town. 6.30 pm start £15 adults £ 8 kids

Was a good scrap the last time these met, Clan normally bring a few fans which makes it a decent atmosphere. I went down to Edinburgh to see Dundee Stars win 6 - 3 against an albeit poor Edinburgh team last Sat night. It means the Stars who had no chance a month ago are now just three points behind Edinburgh and a playoff spot.

Worth going down for a look for anyone interested.

With the Ice arena being just off the Kinsway at the Camperdown park entrance, its less than half an hour to nick down from Perth.

• 2 years later...
Guest The Great Paddy Buckley

Did he not manage the Dunkeld Road Swimming Baths after that. I never seen the Panthers but my auntie and her friend went a lot because they liked the fighting.

I remember my Dad telling me how he used to watch the Panthers in the 40s, I guess. He was at school/university and worked at the baths in the holidays with one of the players called Eddie Wilson, a larger than life Canadian.

• 2 weeks later...

My Grandad used to be involved with the Panthers but every photo i've seen is in black and white. From what I can remember I believe there colours were orange and black.

thats how I remember it as well beej :P Orange & Black!

craig taylor may be able to help on this one :P

Edited by the mad referee

One off the Panthers was a swimming instructor at the baths Ken Perron was his name, when we used to go to the baths wie the school

we were glad when we got Ken as the alternative was a Mr Brown used to scare the bejabbers out of us gruff auld guy he was