Holland 1 - 2 Scotland

ryangordon86

Well done to Billy Stark and the u21's. We could have scored 3 or 4 and matched the Dutch over 90 mins. What's more, I'm pretty sure the ball couldn't have been over the line for their goal.

Out of interest, anybody else watching have a clue what the commentator was going on about with his references to the fact the Linesman was Russian when the Dutch scored? Lost me entirely

Thoroughly enjoyed watching this game. I'm not sure how far it will get us in modern football but that was a throwback of a team if ever I saw one. Two wingers ripping the full backs to shreds and an old fashioned centre forward who can hit the ball with two feet and his head in the middle. I think 2-1 flattered Holland and was really enjoyable to watch a Scotland team with real attacking intent.

Jordan Rhodes and James Forrest looked a class above any of the players on the pitch. Hopefully both can go on to big things, especially Rhodes who looks superb.

Restored a little faith in Scottish Football.

What players out of this squad will go on too much higher things ?

Certainly Rhodes and Forrest. Danny Wilson and Ross Perry can't be much worse than our current central defenders either and with Grant Hanley also in there we surely will have an improved defence in years to come.

Not so sure about Gregg Wylde but he definitely has potential. Also like the look of Jack and Pawlett at Aberdeen.

Certainly a decent squad shaping up there.