PACK JERSEYS !! REMEMBER THEM .

geeza lift ower mister.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Nairn Saint , Red with a single white band on body and sleeves at chest height. Looked magic with a pair of ox blood Dr Marten boots , Red Tag Levi jeans and the mandatory blue and white Saints bar scarf..

and yer initials on the left breast pocket on the cardigans.white fred perry underneath

i wish i did have mine lying around.but i remember them :lol: :LAUGH OUT LOUD:was great going to football in they days.but football is so changed now :cry:

Do you mean because its more difficult to have running fights inside grounds now; get chased round Muirton by the Lochee Fleet; boot someone in just because they are there and generally help bring the name of football down?

Surprisingly, I see that as a change for the better.

Guest Nairn Saint

I remember the 1,2,3 song and being aware as a young lad that there was a certain "atmosphere" at some games. I do remember Dundee fans throwing bottles that smashed off the terracing roof and showered us with glass and pee, if I remember correctly( I have never really liked Dundee FC since).

Naively I always thought the Pack was a myth!

Surprisingly, I see that as a change for the better.

no.football is too business orientated now.its gone away from the fans along with the entertanment.its too pricey,losing touch with the ordinary working man/women.anyway you just said things were a lot better in your day,so when exactly was that? :wink:

no.football is too business orientated now.its gone away from the fans along with the entertanment.its too pricey,losing touch with the ordinary working man/women.anyway you just said things were a lot better in your day,so when exactly was that? :wink:

I think it was March 14th! :wink:

I totally agree with everything you have said in this post slf, but that wasnt the subject being talked about. As you suggest you were in the pack, you would doubtless see things differently on the subject of football violance from the 70's onwards.

Nairns memory is spot on. As well as Dundee, I remember Alloa believe it or not causing havoc one midweek cup game, mainly through throwing bottles against the enclosure roof. Having glass and urine showering down on you isnt really that much fun!

Surely you dont want to go back to that???

think what slf was saying was that money pricing the average man woman out of the game, needless bookings a bit poncey fags running about a pitch who are there for money and dont play for the shirt. police and stewards on your case if you stand up or if you swear. cant really have a drink and have a laugh at the football etc. maybe you meant march 11.

think what slf was saying was that money pricing the average man woman out of the game, needless bookings a bit poncey fags running about a pitch who are there for money and dont play for the shirt. police and stewards on your case if you stand up or if you swear. cant really have a drink and have a laugh at the football etc. maybe you meant march 11.

Again I totally agree with everything you say DF but as the thread is about the pack which to me is a totally different subject. And no, march 11 was a right bummer! :wink:

Guest Nairn Saint

I think it was March 14th! :wink:

I totally agree with everything you have said in this post slf, but that wasnt the subject being talked about. As you suggest you were in the pack, you would doubtless see things differently on the subject of football violance from the 70's onwards.

Nairns memory is spot on. As well as Dundee, I remember Alloa believe it or not causing havoc one midweek cup game, mainly through throwing bottles against the enclosure roof. Having glass and urine showering down on you isnt really that much fun!

Surely you dont want to go back to that???

I must have missed the Alloa game (maybe my gear was still in the wash) which probably explains my general disdain is directed toward Dundee.