Appreciation To All The Mums That Have Supported There Saints Supporting Children Over The Years

AthensSaint

F uck Mums. Wish I'd had one like you guys had. My Mum ****ed off when I was 4 years old to shag an American soldier. I don't like Americans. Not too fond of Mums, either.

My DAD served his country for 33 years in the armed forces. We were almost never near Perth. But when we occasionally were, visiting family (from Dunkeld) he always, always took me to Muirton.

He became a shopkeeper after he left he RAF. Eventually he retired, an enormously respected figure in his community in Derbyshire.

One month later, he was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Obviously, I whipped down and took him on a good-bye tour of Scotland. We did all sorts of stuff, including a Saints game. A good game, 2 - 2 v Hearts.

On his death-bed, hours before that horrible disease claimed him, I asked him what was the best thing in Scotland he saw (we'd done loads of touristy gosh isn't Scotland fab stuff).

He said, "watching my team play for the last time".

His son, and two grand-children were at Parkheid on the 17th, for him. Somewhere, he's still getting pissed.

COYS forever.

AS, not been through that yet. Father and sons at the football is just the ultimate dream as they find us boring when involved in anything else :wink:

Despite my two boys coming in on different routes to the Cup Final, one by train the other by Barossa Bus and me on minibus. We all congregated at Times Square and set off to Celtic Park together. It was the highlight, and forever will be, of my football supporting career. Their memories may fade on this one as they are young but similar to your dad, I know that May 17th 2014 will be one of the things that I will be thinking about as I pass away :laugh:       

Edited by AthensSaint