Away Bus To Tynecastle Sunday 2Nd Aug 2015

HOODLUM65

If the folk who cancel their seat on the bus do so on a regular basis, suggest that the committee ask for a 50% deposit in future .

These buses are not cheap to hire and are run for the benefit of the fans .

You can't expect the committee to run these buses at a loss .

If the folk who cancel their seat on the bus do so on a regular basis, suggest that the committee ask for a 50% deposit in future .

These buses are not cheap to hire and are run for the benefit of the fans .

You can't expect the committee to run these buses at a loss .

We discussed this before and it's not an easy thing to administer but think it's worth trying to discuss a suitable method if this number of cancellations was to continue.

Will come down to cost. Only 18 on it last season - no sustainable.

Feel sorry for you guys as you are in a no win situation.

The call offs are annoying and I would suggest that the committee change the way bookings are taken - The supporters club has an account with the TSB and IF you insist payment on booking then give out the Sort code and account number so that when folk book a seat on the bus they have to pay the cost into the account -should they fail to turn up on the day then the money is still in the account to cover the bus.

With the total cancellation of the Home bus and now the possibility of cancelling certain buses to away games I believe that people will cease to book on a bus that the committee deems a safe option and that that will have an adverse effect on the away buses.

Can the committee not come up with a fundraiser to raise funds for the buses ie a Race night once every 2 months or so ?

Feel sorry for you guys as you are in a no win situation.

The call offs are annoying and I would suggest that the committee change the way bookings are taken - The supporters club has an account with the TSB and IF you insist payment on booking then give out the Sort code and account number so that when folk book a seat on the bus they have to pay the cost into the account -should they fail to turn up on the day then the money is still in the account to cover the bus.

With the total cancellation of the Home bus and now the possibility of cancelling certain buses to away games I believe that people will cease to book on a bus that the committee deems a safe option and that that will have an adverse effect on the away buses.

Can the committee not come up with a fundraiser to raise funds for the buses ie a Race night once every 2 months or so ?

We really need to look at ways of keeping the bus going.

Personally I'm for trying to bargain with the bus companies and trying to get smaller and perhaps cheaper buses if possible.

The biggest problem with Dundee that it's so close and cheap on the train that the bus just isn't everybody's bag.

We really need to look at ways of keeping the bus going.

Personally I'm for trying to bargain with the bus companies and trying to get smaller and perhaps cheaper buses if possible.

The biggest problem with Dundee that it's so close and cheap on the train that the bus just isn't everybody's bag.

an away bus for the season will cost £6,400 (20 games) = Most of the expense is not the bus but the cost of the drivers wage for several hours work.

Surely fundraising is an answer = a good horse race will raise about £1500.

To be honest, money up front seems to be the way to go.

Maybe an incentive - book and pay up front and get a "free" can of juice or a pie or entered into a sweepie for a bit of Saints tat (mug, calendar, etc....).

Anyone turning up and paying on the day doesn't get that.

Admire your suggestions - hope the Committee take them on board before its too late.

Was in the club today around 5 pm and it was very busy with Rangers fans heading to Glasgow for tonights game.

Spoke with Ian (steward) and he states that about 20 people enquired about a bus to Dundee but that he had to tell them there would be NO bus to Dundee due to cost - They were not apparently chuffed and have apparently stated they will no longer go on away buses from Barossa as a result -Now these are regular attendees on the buses and will be a massive loss - Hopefully the current committee will be able to sit down and come up with something before it goes tits up.

No home bus tomorrow or on Tues. against Ross County.

No away bus to Dundee next week.

Quickly losing the will to put my name down for any bus. 

Will have to resort to using my free bus pass more often.

Pity, as I have supported the home and away bus every week, over the last few seasons ( apart from holidays ) since the inception of the Barossa Street Saints .

Looks like it's gonna go tits up, but sincerely hope not.

Edited by HOODLUM65

No home bus tomorrow or on Tues. against Ross County.

No away bus to Dundee next week.

Quickly losing the will to put my name down for any bus. 

Will have to resort to using my free bus pass more often.

Pity, as I have supported the home and away bus every week, over the last few seasons ( apart from holidays ) since the inception of the Barossa Street Saints .

Looks like it's gonna go tits up, but sincerely hope not.

With the demise of the home bus now a reality - I dont see any problem with those who have requested one getting together for a meeting and coming up with a few ideas to sort something that would run from Scone -I know a few of the Scone boys have spoken about a Home bus (at least). A few more have expressed an interest and have came up with a few ideas/fund raising events to get it established - Folk are very interested.

So going by the Barossa Committee it seems they have said NO to the home bus completely and that leaves it open to others -SO if anyone is interested let me know and I will pass on names and they will arrange a meeting to discuss.

So committee the gauntlet has been thrown down, A decision was made which i can understand, but can it be looked at again with the publicity and people realising there is no bus , cant a trial be put back on say for about a month and make a decision after that.

Ancient has proved there is a market, would Ancient work with the committee and also look at his fund raising schemes.