TRAVEL TO EDINBURGH

mainstand

Not sure if this should be a new topic or not but I couldn't find an appropriate one.

Those going by car to edinburgh should note that there are extensive roadworks on the M9 after Linlithgow. A contraflow for a few miles.

Could cause a bit of a delay for those using it on Wednesday.

This is only a couple of miles from my house. It doesn't go on for long (2 junctions) but at this time of the day I guess the delays will still be significant. Coming down from Perth to Edinburgh I would come over the Forth Rd bridge, its much quicker (on a Saturday anyway) but I'm not sure how bad the traffic at 6pm will be on the bridge.

This is only a couple of miles from my house. It doesn't go on for long (2 junctions) but at this time of the day I guess the delays will still be significant. Coming down from Perth to Edinburgh I would come over the Forth Rd bridge, its much quicker (on a Saturday anyway) but I'm not sure how bad the traffic at 6pm will be on the bridge.

Not all of us will be coming from Perth though! :roll:

The traffic at 6 is quote bad and being one of those that travel that road every night I can assure you any sort of roadworks normally cause a fair bit of delays.

Im just bothered about car parking every one tells me to park in the sommerfeild car park on dalry rd or gorgie rd but is that not the wrong side of the ground

Yes it is. If you try going along where the Saints buses are being parked (along past Murrayfield and round towards McLeod Street)there is an industrial estate on the left hand side as you go along you may be okay getting in there. There is also a street off to the right where the BMW garage was.

Not all of us will be coming from Perth though! :roll:

The traffic at 6 is quote bad and being one of those that travel that road every night I can assure you any sort of roadworks normally cause a fair bit of delays.

Something annoyed you today? Chill out, I was only saying that if folk from Perth were coming down (I'm sure there will be some :roll: ) then the bridge may be quicker.

We are staying overnight at a B&B on the M90 side of the bridge and going in to Haymarket or Waverley station for around 5-30pm. Does anyone know how long it will take during the rush hour to get to Tynecastle by foot, taxi or bus?

it's walkable. probably 10-15 mins.

By taxi probably 5 mins along the greenway.

We are staying overnight at a B&B on the M90 side of the bridge and going in to Haymarket or Waverley station for around 5-30pm. Does anyone know how long it will take during the rush hour to get to Tynecastle by foot, taxi or bus?

If you can Dunc, I would recommend getting off at Haymarket rather than Waverley - there are plenty of local hostelries for a pre-match aperitif or 6 and it is a shorter walk along the Dalry Road onto Gorgie Road (only 15 minutes at most). Waverley is at the far end of Princes Street from where you are going (closer to Easter Road than Tynecastle) so it will take 20-30 minutes to walk to Tynecastle. Taxi's at that time of day are a no-no as you will spend more waiting in queues and lights and might even be quicker on foot!

There will be some Edinburgh based Saintees meeting in the Haymarket Bar across the road from Haymarket station, opposite the station clock from about 4:30pm perhaps. If you're not sure where to go when you get off the train, come in and say hello to a few familiar names from this very forum...

Herts

There will be some Edinburgh based Saintees meeting in the Haymarket Bar across the road from Haymarket station, opposite the station clock from about 4:30pm perhaps. If you're not sure where to go when you get off the train, come in and say hello to a few familiar names from this very forum...

Herts

Well there's a group of us through on the 10.20 megabus, so the Haymarket sounds like a good enough place for some drink and scran (good food in there too I may add!).

Haymarket is the place for me then. As I am taking a 13 year old, is it a Pub for one of such tender years?

Yeah, they serve food etc so I would imagine they will allow kids in up to a certain time (probably about 7 o'clock as it is similar to a Weatherspoons pub - only better!!!)

Thanks Chopper, mainstand, shandonsaint and Herts Saintee. I take it that it will be predominantly blue and white scarves we will see there?

More than likely as the Hibees will be working!!! You should also see the Teal and Magenta away shirt circa 96/97 and the Red and White "Bonar" shirt circa 1990!!!

Not sure if this should be a new topic or not but I couldn't find an appropriate one.

Those going by car to edinburgh should note that there are extensive roadworks on the M9 after Linlithgow. A contraflow for a few miles.

Could cause a bit of a delay for those using it on Wednesday.

I went through this to Edinburgh yesterday at about 5.30 in the evening and it was fine, traffic moving no problem all be it at the speed limit of 40 I think it was. I got from Stirling Uni to Colinton in 50 mins, most of this taken up in getting out of Stirling!