Riot at end of Hearts game

Real Madrid

No

Some policeman was quoted on the radio.

If they had to use horses to force people apart it can not have been to good and the words "riot police" tend not be used when its just "bullshit"

They use the horses at all the big matches in Edinburgh.

Chick and his crew have come up with these things before and then it's been later changed to a skirmish, taht was why i made the comment.

Having just come back home from Tynecastle there were a lot of rumours that there was going to be organised trouble at the end of the game - then, of course Celtic score the winner and Lennon and Boruc decide to show their celebratory manhugs right in front of the Gorgie end of the ground while the rest of team are with their own supporters. This just inflamed the situation and someone from the Gorgie end of the mainstand assaulted a policeman as he tried to get on the pitch and another seemingly stepped over the pitchside reporters for radio and TV and made it to the dugouts before being stopped.

Madness - at least 5 polic wagons coming down Dalry Road as I was walking back to where my car was near Haymarket station!!!

Having just come back home from Tynecastle there were a lot of rumours that there was going to be organised trouble at the end of the game - then, of course Celtic score the winner and Lennon and Boruc decide to show their celebratory manhugs right in front of the Gorgie end of the ground while the rest of team are with their own supporters. This just inflamed the situation and someone from the Gorgie end of the mainstand assaulted a policeman as he tried to get on the pitch and another seemingly stepped over the pitchside reporters for radio and TV and made it to the dugouts before being stopped.

Madness - at least 5 polic wagons coming down Dalry Road as I was walking back to where my car was near Haymarket station!!!

are you a secret jambo, that explains you(?) wearing the jambos scarf in that avatar? :wink:

are you a secret jambo, that explains you(?) wearing the jambos scarf in that avatar? :wink:

Aw no, the secret's out :shock::lol:

One of my Jambo mates was away in orkney for New Year so I blagged his season ticket for their biggest home game of the season :D - he's pig sick at missing the game and also the result!!!

It is one of these games that there is a bit of bad feeling among the fans. In some folks opinions Jambos are just **** in Maroon.

Did you enjoy the match hcopper :lol:

A really really good game, without it being all about good football. There were periods of brilliant football from both sides, periods of dire football but crunching tackles and the atmosphere was superb. I was saying to the person beside me that they may regret not getting a 3rd goal, especially when Skacel was played through with about 5 to go in the first half and he hit it straight at Boruc, and it was unfortunately proven to be the case.

Celtic are nothing special as a team, although Nakumura looks like a quality player. As for Hearts, probably the best Hearts team I have seen in my time following Scottish football and they are not done yet as far as the league is concerned.

The red card of Fyssas changed the game and for me was definitely a red card, although Balde should have walked for a similar challenge on Cesnauskis (I think) in the first half, which he was booked for. Cracking atnosphere and a cracking advert for Scottish football in general. Roll on more of the same for 2006!!!

A really really good game, without it being all about good football. There were periods of brilliant football from both sides, periods of dire football but crunching tackles and the atmosphere was superb. I was saying to the person beside me that they may regret not getting a 3rd goal, especially when Skacel was played through with about 5 to go in the first half and he hit it straight at Boruc, and it was unfortunately proven to be the case.

Celtic are nothing special as a team, although Nakumura looks like a quality player. As for Hearts, probably the best Hearts team I have seen in my time following Scottish football and they are not done yet as far as the league is concerned.

The red card of Fyssas changed the game and for me was definitely a red card, although Balde should have walked for a similar challenge on Cesnauskis (I think) in the first half, which he was booked for. Cracking atnosphere and a cracking advert for Scottish football in general. Roll on more of the same for 2006!!!

good, just a pity the wrong team won :(

There are really dire supporters at every club. This seems to be a rather petty reason reason for wishing Hearts to be beaten rather than see, for the first time in decades, a competition for the top spot wasn't simply between OF 1 and 2.

Then again maybe you're a closet OF admirer. Or maybe you work for 'Retard' ?? :wink::lol:

There are really dire supporters at every club. This seems to be a rather petty reason reason for wishing Hearts to be beaten rather than see, for the first time in decades, a competition for the top spot wasn't simply between OF 1 and 2.

Then again maybe you're a closet OF admirer. Or maybe you work for 'Retard' ?? :wink::lol:

I am not a closet OF admirer, If you had read earlier on you would see that i said I was pleased celtic had won, and it was not just for the fact that hearts were beaten. I dislike Hearts nearly as much as I dislike rangers. No I don't work for the record

I was in the Haymarket Bar all day on Sunday and about an hour after fultime there were six police horses a dog unit and about 60 polis outside the pub!!

Also seemed to be a fight at the WW1 memorial outside the pub to (from what I remember). At least 15 people were taking out the pub to.

In all the time I have been watching games in the Haymarket, including numerous Hearts-HIbs games at Tynie I have never even seen a police presence that far from the ground before.

Sorry the Hearts fans that i know needed brought down to earth couldn't have happened to nicer people, :lol:

And Celtic fans don't have ideas way above their station... can't beleive any non-Old Firm fan not seeing Hearts doing well as a bad thing, even staunch Hibees know it's a good thing!