Today - 14/4/07

Rodgers

14th of April 2007 has gone down in my history for the first time seeing St. Johnstone play at Hampden park - but was it all bad?

I wouldnt say it was bad, right okay, we lost...what makes it tough is that we came here today thinking, right we have to go for it, we're the underdogs and we have nothing to lose! And well we did just that! The only thing i can say that was bad today was the scoreline, although the score says that it must of been a close game which it was but i feel we deserved much more in todays game - however that is football for you..

The fans - wooow, totaly amazing, the singing was brillant and kept the singing going through the game even when we were losing. Because we kept the singing going it kept the players going that little bit extra, as you saw the players faught right to the end! So well done to the fans! Atmosphere was amazing! 5.000 sainst fans sure it wasnt 15.000???

I hope everyone enjoyed themselfs today, because i certainly did!

When you look at that Celtic team, Hesselink hes played in the champions league, Graveson ex REAL MARDID players etc etc

We were playing against great players today, and we at worst matched them, so I am so proud of my team tonight, the fight and the way we never gave up

Still gutting to lose today though eh?

i went to this match not thinking that we would be all over them and wouldnt make a real impact so that if we lost id still be happy with how far my team got......but then seeing saints the way i did wow im sooooo mad(mabye not the right word) that we never won we deserved it soooo much. i found it quite funny watching coyle having to run down the stairs to shout instead of just sepping forward :D

To be honest, whilst intoxicated posting this i am so gutted but more proud of the team today. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

They should never have been ahead in the first place but they were, we didn't put our heads down after a shakey start we pulled together, worked hard, and the team played for each other as a unit and that' most improtant. To get some of the flowing football we did today against the Champions elect was fantastic. I was so pleased to see the players do it for themselves, and us today and can't help but feel gutted because we were so close - they weren't out their half for the last half an hour for godsake! But things go against you...

Delighted to be a part of it today, had a fantastic day and off to have a fantastic night!

Well done Management and to the squad...

Superb display by 'the underdogs' and we got some good press as well. Fams were amazing and it was good to be part of it for a change :D

The guys can hold their heads with pride, not many teams in the SPL would do what we did yesterday.