BROWN - what a stupid comment

W_Bruce

Geoffs great at moaning about what others are doing.

Livi Cheated, Dundee Cheated Gretna won the league boo hoo.

It wasn't so long ago he was criticising the fans at every chance- singing against Stark/ Clark/ Connolly.

Why was the 700k PROFIT from last year not invested in signing quality players, at least the cup money from this season should be spent keeping Jason Scotland at the club.

We are missing out at the benefit of clubs like Livi etc, they are gonna spend big to get out of this league, then when the next 'Gretna' come along Geoff Brown will be moaning about them as well.

Brown is a Saintee, no doubt whatsoever but for gods sake Geoff stop moaning about others and give Coyle (BEST young manager in Scotland) what he needs or he'll be away as well.

I mean it was James GRADY who scored the winner, James Grady is crap, shows the standard of player required to win the first division.

The reporter has taken those comments and just spun s*** on them to sensationalise the whole thing. We do not even know WHEN the comments were made .................... GB is a succesfull businessman and is NOT naive but has been stitched up here quite badly. As for funds and money, well to be totally honest I would rather be in our position and careful with the cash than be like the cheating coagie scum or livi or motherwell , etc, etc......

I fo one will not criticise GB as he looked terrible , in fact ill when I saw him after the game on saturday. Anyone who says he doesn't want saints in the spl or shit like that is just a MORON.

The way this thread has turned is just stupid.

Why wouldn't Geoff want promotion? It's not a necessity for us to go up financially I'd imagine, but all supporterswant to play at the highest level in Scotland. Geoff is a supporter. Do the maths.

What does Geoff Brown have to do to convince some people that he is a Saints fan through and through? He is as desparate as any of us to see Saints in the Premier League and any suggestion to the contrary is just ludicrous.

As for his comments on Gretna, the man expressed an honest opinion. He was not trying to play mind games with Gretna but his comments were twisted into an attack on Gretna in the hands of a reporter looking for a headline.

For my money Geoff is still the best Chairman in the business

Anybody who questions GB's commitment to Saints is nuts. The guy breathes Saints and will be hurting today 100 times more than any Saints fan feels it - he IS St Johnstone at the moment, its his club. He has invested time and money into Saints to put us where we are. Granted, we are in the 1st Division but he has invested in this side. He has given Coyle money to bring players in. We have guys like Scotland, Hardie, Stanic etc on the books who wont be cheap. Gone are the days of big transfers but we are one of the ONLY clubs still spending money.

Give him a break - he loves Saints just as much as you or I. If a reporter asked your opinion of Gretna on Friday - what would you have said? Its a marvellous acheivement? Fairytale story? Nope, you would have told it like it is. They are unsustainable and are only hurting the game whilst giving their fan false hope. They have a wage budget 3 times as big as Saints, that is what we were competing against.

That t*** milesons interview in todays daily retard sums up stupid things to say,i cant be bothered writing down the whole interview but these few words he says sums him up......Mileson said....people keep asking me how can gretna sustain themselves in the spl with such a small fan base,you would think we were the worst supported team to play in scottish football,but im not worried about that.GRETNA HAVE ACTUALLY ENHANCED ATTENDANCES AT AWAY GROUNDS IN EVERY DIVISION IN WHICH WE HAVE PLAYED..............................What f**King planet is this guy living on.

I think his head probably thinks stay in the first, but his heart to win promotion.

Financially we are better staying in the first division. Promotion if not done well, can bring a whole load of troubles, and it would knock us back a few years.

I know who I would rather have running my club, and it is certainly not some English, fag smoking t*** that looks like he could collapse at any minute.

Thanks to the way Geoff has run this club we are financially secure and the club has a future for a long time to come. There are not many clubs in Scotland that can confidently say that, and I would like to be supporting Saints for many years to come, and thanks to Geoff, I can.

i do take people's point of view, but ain't it time we took a risk or do we want to be a club that is always yo-yoing from divisions...look at clubs like motherwell, kilmarnock...can saints not do better?...yes brown is a fan...but it always safe safe....why not take a risk?....i believe if we do we could be a top six club for a number of years....

I think you've answered your own question there. It's called a "risk" because it is just that - a risk. If it doesn't pay off, what the club stands to lose is far greater than what it could probably gain. I want Saints to spend as much as they can to bring success, but not if it means taking a massive gamble. We're not doing too badly with the current set-up anyway - it almost got us up this year, and hopefully we'll manage it next time.

To be honest what has Geoff done wrong he has stated facts and been mis quoted as usual but in any event despite Mr Milesons millions they are not a sustainable club and never will be simply due to there location. If they attempt to attract fans from the South it will only be the hooligan elemnet they get so Brookes remeber the animals they will need food so dont waste all your money on the village people

.GRETNA HAVE ACTUALLY ENHANCED ATTENDANCES AT AWAY GROUNDS IN EVERY DIVISION IN WHICH WE HAVE PLAYED..............................What f**King planet is this guy living on.

Just to pick up on that, he has a point. You are right, its not as if there were 20 buses full of Gretna fans heading to away games but i'd imagine the hype and allure of Gretna FC probably enticed a few extra neutral/occasional punters to games.

Id be interested to know exactly when Geoff made the comments, to whom and under which circumstances.

A couple of folk have mentioned they had seen them before saturday in other publications which would indicate the Record deliberately held it back until the saturday and twisted it into a totally anti Saints piece.

A couple of folk have mentioned they had seen them before saturday in other publications which would indicate the Record deliberately held it back until the saturday and twisted it into a totally anti Saints piece.

Time for a reality check, here Victor. Any journo in the last season who asked Broon those questions, got virtual carbon-copy answers. If nothing else, Broon has been remarkably consistent in his view, no matter the circumstances.

You could look up the Daily Mail from last September where he said almost the same things, word for word - when Gretna were struggling. At the time he could have been accused of smugness.

Broon hasn't been known to refuse an answer to journos, which is to his credit, but on this occasion a quick 'ask me that question on Sunday' might have sufficed. Yes, the interview was spun to look like an anti-Mileson rant, which it clearly wasn't, but that could have been easily foreseen.

Anyway - Broon's had the grace to come out and admit he might have been wrong, apologised to the manager, and extended an olive branch to Gretna when speaking to the press yesterday.

That should be an end to the matter on both sides, IMHO.

Anybody who questions GB's commitment to Saints is nuts. The guy breathes Saints Give him a break - he loves Saints just as much as you or I. If a reporter asked your opinion of Gretna on Friday - what would you have said? Its a marvellous acheivement? Fairytale story? Nope, you would have told it like it is. They are unsustainable and are only hurting the game whilst giving their fan false hope. They have a wage budget 3 times as big as Saints, that is what we were competing against.

I agree with the above. We are easily the most effectively managed club in Scotland for our size and that is in large part thanks to Geoff. I cannot abide teams that try to buy success and this fallacy that Geoff doesn't want to go up is complete nonsense. There have been so many crooks and crackpots that have been chairmen largely to fuel their own ego. We are supremely lucky that Geoff is a local man and passionate about our club.

Would you swap him for any of the bandits that have driven Dundee into the mire? Angus Cook, Ron Dixon, the Marrs - do me favour.

If a reporter asked your opinion of Gretna on Friday - what would you have said? Its a marvellous acheivement? Fairytale story? Nope, you would have told it like it is.

Disagree with this bit. You have to watch every single word that is said to the media, especially in the build up to such a big game. What you think and what you say are 2 totally different things sometimes.

I still dont think it contributed one bit to Gretnas win though.

Time for a reality check, here Victor. Any journo in the last season who asked Broon those questions, got virtual carbon-copy answers. If nothing else, Broon has been remarkably consistent in his view, no matter the circumstances.

You could look up the Daily Mail from last September where he said almost the same things, word for word - when Gretna were struggling. At the time he could have been accused of smugness.

Broon hasn't been known to refuse an answer to journos, which is to his credit, but on this occasion a quick 'ask me that question on Sunday' might have sufficed. Yes, the interview was spun to look like an anti-Mileson rant, which it clearly wasn't, but that could have been easily foreseen.

Anyway - Broon's had the grace to come out and admit he might have been wrong, apologised to the manager, and extended an olive branch to Gretna when speaking to the press yesterday.

That should be an end to the matter on both sides, IMHO.

Reality is well and truly checked Chuck, which is one reason i get flack for not viewing things through blue tinted glasses most of the time.

Not seeing the Scottish press very much I didnt know he had said these things frequently, hence asking the question.

Hi everyone .Cool Forum.!!If Geoff Brown had made the comments after the game ,the grapes would have appeared as extremley Soor.We all know that his take on the subject is bang on.In fact he said that it was bad for the League as opposed to bad for Saints.Total truth.!! if somewhat dodgy timing.Then again Never deny the truth becuase of timing. cheers.Croc.