Throwback | Stevie May at the Double! (13/04/14)

lewisness

6 minutes ago, lewisness said:

Stevie May's second half double against Aberdeen secured a Saintee's with a place in the Scottish Cup final, on this day in 2014.

What are your favourite memories and moments from the day?

Hopping on the train with greetin faced aberdoom fans after the game. Pure joy 😀

4 minutes ago, slf said:

Hopping on the train with greetin faced aberdoom fans after the game. Pure joy 😀

Hahaha! Will be chatting about a few of these on the radio on Monday. Are you happy for this to be included?

I was on holiday in Lanzarote the game taking place during my return flight home. I was wearing my Saints top to travel walking down the aisle to my seat I felt someone grab me as I passed, it was Saints legend Paul Kane he suggested that I must be feeling awful I agreed and we had a nice chat for a wee while. Just as we landed in Edinburgh PK received a text turned round to me and shouted up the plane to me about 10 rows further back "they've f****n done it". I did get back to my home in Peebles in time to join the returning "Peebles Saints" fans in The Crown for a celebratory drink where we were joined by Stevie MacLean.

1 hour ago, ejksjfc said:

I was on holiday in Lanzarote the game taking place during my return flight home. I was wearing my Saints top to travel walking down the aisle to my seat I felt someone grab me as I passed, it was Saints legend Paul Kane he suggested that I must be feeling awful I agreed and we had a nice chat for a wee while. Just as we landed in Edinburgh PK received a text turned round to me and shouted up the plane to me about 10 rows further back "they've f****n done it". I did get back to my home in Peebles in time to join the returning "Peebles Saints" fans in The Crown for a celebratory drink where we were joined by Stevie MacLean.

Ah the days when the taverns of Peebles were the number one source of in the know gossip. The glory days 😁