Safety or Relegation

pezza70

Safety or Relegation  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

I'm surprised how quickly fans turned on Levein given Davidson got months & months of leeway.

It hasn't been great but we were 100%getting relegated when he took over

Levein suffers because of Davidson, I think.

Fans are absolutely desperate for entertainment now after years of watching us try to draw, and with Levein deciding that's how he was going to save us from relegation, it feels like just a continuation of Davidson-ball and people don't want that.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Levein suffers because of Davidson, I think.

Fans are absolutely desperate for entertainment now after years of watching us try to draw, and with Levein deciding that's how he was going to save us from relegation, it feels like just a continuation of Davidson-ball and people don't want that.

To be honest, I wouldn't care how we played under Levein if the results were good. But in reality they've barely been any better than they were under MacLean.

1 hour ago, Steve McQueen said:

I'm surprised how quickly fans turned on Levein given Davidson got months & months of leeway.

Personally I wanted Davidson out after Kelty. The club gave him way too long, but that's on them rather than the fans. But yeah, I think he had some credit in the bank because of the Cup double, and to a lesser extent his previous background at the club. I think that's fair enough.

Although a lot of us were expressing unhappiness with Davidson on forums like this one, at the actual matches I think the fans were remarkably patient with him and the support remained almost weirdly positive in the face of some awful, awful football and increasingly bad results. I think Levein's had it pretty easy at matches too. I really thought there'd be a lot of unrest and booing towards the end of the Killie game, but there was nothing.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

To be honest, I wouldn't care how we played under Levein if the results were good. But in reality they've barely been any better than they were under MacLean.

We lost 4-0 to Stirling Albion and didn't win any of our first 9 games under MacLean. Levein has clearly been an improvement on him.

I'd argue he's similar to Davidson results wise which is an issue though. Funnily enough compared all three a week or so ago so have this already made.

GLTxwGmW4AEkY0D.png.0fc1863ec3cd1831a5c7ca54bcf750c3.png

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

We lost 4-0 to Stirling Albion and didn't win any of our first 9 games under MacLean. Levein has clearly been an improvement on him.

I'd argue he's similar to Davidson results wise which is an issue though. Funnily enough compared all three a week or so ago so have this already made.

MacLean at the end of last season had the bottom 6 games. I get the feeling anyone could have got a new manager bounce after Davidson.

I dont think we were winning a game this season under MacLean.

20 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Any idea what MacLean's total PPG is for league games in comparison to Levein's? I suspect they're not all that different?

19 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

MacLean at the end of last season had the bottom 6 games. I get the feeling anyone could have got a new manager bounce after Davidson.

I dont think we were winning a game this season under MacLean.

I think MacLean had a small bounce after Davidson and Levein had a small bounce after MacLean, but neither upturn was massive. Even during MacLean's caretaker period I think there were red flags around what he was doing and I still find it bizarre he was given the job based on those games. Just complete laziness on Steve Brown's part is all it comes down to.

That said, I also think Macca had a really difficult first pre-season, what with having to rebuild so much of the squad with a reduced budget and then having loads of injuries to contend with. Clearly he had to go, but there's no doubt at all it was a very tough gig for such an inexperienced manager.

Levein is going to have a similar rebuild on his hands this summer with a similar number of players likely to leave, so it'll be interesting to see how he handles that if he's still here.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Any idea what MacLean's total PPG is for league games in comparison to Levein's? I suspect they're not all that different?

MacLean’s is exactly 1 - 11 of the 15 points were last season. Levein’s is 1.04. Defeat on Saturday would have Levein with 24 points from 24 games. 

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Levein is going to have a similar rebuild on his hands this summer with a similar number of players likely to leave, so it'll be interesting to see how he handles that if he's still here.

He already is apparently. I’m sure his party line will be “we are waiting to see what league we are in” but I know he is quite far along with a defender.