Rocco to stay or go

saints1989

Slim and none I fear.

Where is he going to go? He's been saying in interviews recently how playing for the reserves at Celtic was like playing boy's club football and how much he's loved playing for Saints at this level. The player is happy and do Celtic really think he'll benefit more playing in their reserves?

I reckon he'll be here until the summer, much like Charlie Adam was with St Mirren after originally signing for six months.

He's either going to go back to Celtics reserve side or he's going to go out on loan again to another team in the lower Scottish divisions, unless some team picks up on his performances for Saints and tries to buy him in January, which I'd feel would be the least likely outcome of the three. If given the choice of a loan elsewhere, an extended loan here or the Celtic reserves, it's a no brainer.

I too think he's going to be here until the summer, but beyond that I do agree that's it's pretty unrealistic to expect a longer stay from Rocco Quinn.

He's either going to go back to Celtics reserve side or he's going to go out on loan again to another team in the lower Scottish divisions, unless some team picks up on his performances for Saints and tries to buy him in January, which I'd feel would be the least likely outcome of the three. If given the choice of a loan elsewhere, an extended loan here or the Celtic reserves, it's a no brainer.

I too think he's going to be here until the summer, but beyond that I do agree that's it's pretty unrealistic to expect a longer stay from Rocco Quinn.

I guess a lot depends on whether Celtic want to keep him. When he arrived no one would have thought they would but now I'm not that sure, he possibly is that good, or at least has that much potential.

I suspect he will go ala Morias ending up in a mid table team in the SPL.

He has turned in some really good & some great performances for us but the thought of him leaving does not run my blood cold like when Jason bailed. I think that we could quite easily continue as we are without him. I suspect that this is deliberate by OC who realistically cannot expect him to stay therefore he has allowed others a chance. MMM will be back soon and there is no way that we can afford the doc and Quinn if we dont get them free which aint gonna happen. Therefore I'd spend the cash on Dr Goals and gie Martin his place back then it's be business as usual!

To be fair, Quinn has a lot more flair, skill and creativity than MMM. Our midfield are controlling games more with Rocco and Del in the middle. Would be awesome to get his loan extended. Sometimes it comes down to the player's choice and hopefully he'll be able to persuade wee Gordon to stay here til the end of the season :D

To be fair, Quinn has a lot more flair, skill and creativity than MMM. Our midfield are controlling games more with Rocco and Del in the middle. Would be awesome to get his loan extended. Sometimes it comes down to the player's choice and hopefully he'll be able to persuade wee Gordon to stay here til the end of the season :D

I was going to post something similar in relation to the comparison between Quinn and Hardie. I was going to say that Quinn brought more skill and flair to our game in comparison to the physical element Hardie brings but read it through and thought it was pretty harsh on Hardie. He does have a lot of skill for a big, physical player.

His range of passing is also very, very good, but Quinn is younger and faster. If only we could have them both in the same midfield.

*drools*

There's a joke in there, somewhere, Sam but as there are impressionable people reading this, i'll refrain from posting it :oops:

I think you're right, it would be great to have both players in the team. When I typed it, I didn't mean to sound harsh on Hardie as he's a very good player and both players offer something different