Who Will The New Manager Be?

OldPoster

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would sooner they spent the money from OC's departure on securing Deuchar and Quinn and ran with what we have got. Why should we waste money on bringing in another manager when we need these two players?

That is the most ludicrous post I've ever seen. What this club (and every club) needs is a good manager. That's far more important than individual players. Keeping Deuchar and Quinn is nowhere near as important as making sure we have the right man coaching and picking them. It doesn't matter how good our players are - if we end up with a useless manager, we will be a useless team.

I don't see why Steven Pressley wouldn't be interested. This job is a fantastic opportunity for someone and we will have plenty of interested applicants of a decent standard.

The new man will be coming to a club with a good squad and a good chairman and is in a position where they should win a lot more games than they lose, something that will attract attention from bigger clubs.

We can do far better than a guy piddling about with a part-time side.

What has Pressley ever done to suggest he would make a better manager than Moore, who is actually achieving something in management at the moment? If we want to give the job to someone whos only qualification is that theyre a good leader and captain, we'd be as well just spending less money and offering it to Kevin James or Alan Main.

I would sooner they spent the money from OC's departure on securing Deuchar and Quinn and ran with what we have got. Why should we waste money on bringing in another manager when we need these two players?

:shock:

A sh*t team can do well with a great manager conversely a great team will fade into insignificance with a sh*t manager!

Deuchar is a good target man for the 1st half of any match thereafter he is too obvious and the opposition close him down - lets face it he is not overly endowed with skill when the ball is at his feet therefore I wouldnt want my money spent on him esp with Savo on the way back. Jacko & Deuchar pairing will be forgotten about as soon as savo and peaso get a game together, this leaves the opportunity to introduce Jacko to the game of football where folks actually use skill and their feet rather than punt, flick, shoot which worked well for about 20 minutes until the rest of the teams in the league saw through it.

Quinn is all running about and no substance plus he hits the deck too easily for the SFL. I've yet to see him turn in a well rounded performance for SJFC.

Thankfully this is not your decision to make:!:

What has Pressley ever done to suggest he would make a better manager than Moore, who is actually achieving something in management at the moment? If we want to give the job to someone whos only qualification is that theyre a good leader and captain, we'd be as well just spending less money and offering it to Kevin James or Alan Main.

Clearly Pressley would need to have the right qualifications and like OC get glowing reports from those in the game but a guy of his standing (i.e. recent international and current OF player) would be interested in this job was more of the point. This is a really attractive job such is the good work done by OC.

Judging by the statements by GB, its only Coyle who's going so maybe Sandy Stewart will be given a few games as caretaker to see if he's worth becoming permanent manager?

I think Stewart will be made caretaker regardless. I'll be on 24 hour suicide watch if he actually gets the job permanently though. I'd prefer John Stewart. Or even Rod Stewart.

God! Just what does it take for you to stay away?

Just being realistic,clarke to leave chelsea to manage st johnstone and black to leave birmingham I,m sure even the most optomistic saints fans know it not gonna happen.Agree with radford though,maybe a good oportunity for someone like pressley or lennon,like we did with alex rae.I think the assistant is important though if you go along this route.