Perth Legends - Credit where credit is due

Sir Albert Tatlock

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at school with Frankie, decent guy. Couldn't believe how much the bevvie changed him. He went from being just one of the crowd, to the loudest gob for miles.

There's no way you could miss him in a packed crowd. RIP Frankie.

This has to be one of the best threads I've read for years. My worry is that I recognise every body that's been mentioned.

PC Muir was a legend, unfortunately he new my mum. I remember when you were in the back of the meat wagon he would get the thing up to 30 or 40 mph and them slam the brakes on.

He would take you home covered in bruises from the over zealous braking and rattling around in the back and genuinely be able to tell my mum, "honest I never touched the wee b******" mum would then apologise profusely for my behaviour and then proceed to fill in the spaces on my body where there were no bruises, classic. We need more polis like him back on the streets.............

This has to be one of the best threads I've read for years. My worry is that I recognise every body that's been mentioned.

PC Muir was a legend, unfortunately he new my mum. I remember when you were in the back of the meat wagon he would get the thing up to 30 or 40 mph and them slam the brakes on.

He would take you home covered in bruises from the over zealous braking and rattling around in the back and genuinely be able to tell my mum, "honest I never touched the wee b******" mum would then apologise profusely for my behaviour and then proceed to fill in the spaces on my body where there were no bruises, classic. We need more polis like him back on the streets.............

I,ll pass on your good wishes to him when I see him tomorrow .I also suffered from the Brake Shake and I am family.He once dropped me and two mates miles from Perth after we had been up to no good.Took fecking hours to walk home.Got my arse kicked ..................for being home late( as did both my mates)mission accomplished:)

• 3 years later...
One for the older forum members Snitcher never new his real name found dead in the harbour.

Never really knew him, but my older brother did. He was a neighbour of ours in Ainslie gardens many moons ago.

Must have been around 1971, he "took a dip" while out walking his dog IIRC.

Oddly enough the guy rumoured to have done him, was himself snuffed out in Ainslie a while back.

All rumours of course.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a re read of this today from beginning to end, absolutely classic and probably the best non saints football threads ever on WAP. :razz:

Has anybody seen Gibby recently ? Gibby was barman in the Victoria Hotel during the early eighties. We always used to congregate there on a Saturday night as under-agers. Quite a number of our present posters will remember. It had a great jukebox and how The House of the Rising Sun never wore out :cool: Gibby was a big Saints fan and because he knew us from the terraces or buses, had no problem in serving us lot in the secrecy of the snug. Gibby was a bit "shaky" even back then so hopefully he has survived and still alive and kicking. Wouldn't be surprised if he still goes to the odd game. A true gentle guy.

I used to play for the pool team with Kenny Blackley and co and i was only 16

Kenny had a heart attack a few years ago,we thought that would be the end of his drinking days,but nope after a few weeks he was back to his best,he dropped the tach though

Stevie (Peel) Leaver

Ended up in Sunnyside,met a nice Dundee woman,both signed themselves out,she moved in wi him in Perth,one week later he goes out for a "pint" gets home to find she had emptied his hoose "curtains anaw"

Another time while drinking in the 208 so called Falkirk hoolies were standing just up the back of said pub,Peelie then tried numerous attempts to try and climb over the big wooden gates at the back to have it out with the riff raff,every attempt ended up wi oor Peelie on his arse,after the fifth try i pointed out that the gates werent even locked,and if he really wanted too he could have just went oot the front door,but anywhos who im i to burst somebodys bubble,also the "hoolie" mob were a bunch of Falkirk kids waiting to get picked up !

Edited by chips