#06 - 23/08/08 - Partick Thistle (a)

Why wait another season to sack him?

It's going to happen sooner or later anyway, may as well get it over with now.

Why stop there? We could just sack his successor while we're at it as well. It would save the club a lot of money on wages, after all - they could just invite applications, hold a series of interviews, find the man they want and then tell him he's sacked.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we actually bothered to get a manager with some sort of track records rather than just appoint the oldest member of the playing staff we might have a better chance.

Probably true, but if the club are going to make the decision to appoint a first-timer, they then need to be willing to give him a chance, learn his trade and make mistakes. You can't expect a young manager not to go through bad periods. You can't appoint a novice and then sack him straight away because, surprise surprise, everything doesn't go perfectly... that's the sort of ridiculous thing Celtic do. We gave Paul Sturrock his first chance and it took him years to get things right. Saints didn't sack Sturrock after Stenhousmuir, and they won't sack McInnes now.

The question isn't whether McInnes will get some awful results, because it's inevitable that he will - the question is whether he's good enough to learn from his mistakes and turn things around.

Pre season was a joke and its just carried on. We were lucky against Livingston.

The "best attack in the division" couldn't score in a bag of fannies and it helps if there is some sort of defence to keep the ball out.

The deadline is very near and the team is shite

Its four games in and you're embarassing yourself.

The squad is new, the people at the club are new and yes, they may cock it up grand style. But only two weeks ago the majority of this support (myself not being one of them) were all declaring: "in Del we trust". I don't trust him, I don't distrust him, but I will give him more than four fooking weeks! *insert *** smiley thing here*

So you are pleased at this performance?

I'm not at the game so I have no idea what the performance is like, but of course I'm not pleased. I've never said anything to suggest that I am. Is it madness to say that a young, first time manager might actually need a bit of time to learn the job and get things right?

Its four games in and you're embarassing yourself.

The squad is new, the people at the club are new and yes, they may cock it up grand style. But only two weeks ago the majority of this support (myself not being one of them) we all declaring: "in Del we trust". I don't trust him, I don't distrust him, but I will give him more than three fooking weeks! *insert *** smiley thing here*

Get feckin real mate! If your happy with the current 4-0 humping against a team we really should walk over then I suggest you, and other fans alike, get lost and watch Forfar or Montrose.

How much more crap playing are we going to have to put up with.

"In Del we trust" what a load of crap when you get humped 3-0 one week and 4 or more the next. New team yes but surely they work on this in training and during pre-season.

Played 4 and 4 points = unacceptable. Dundee top with 10. How many season do we have to play catch up.

THIS IS AN EMBARRASSMENT TO OUR CLUB. GEOFF GET THE CHEQUE BOOK OUT AND STOP LOOKING FOR DIDDY FREE AGENTS!

We shouldn't be appointing young managers, we need someone capable of winning a league!

We don't know if McInness will eventually be capable of doing that, but the investment in taking a few years to find that out isn't worth it.

If he is capable, he'll be off to another club as quick as he shows ability as a manager.