Upwards and onwards

Finners

Well, quite soon but need to run it around now and what a time to do it.

Rumour Del was given 4 games to turn it around, not sure if it's true (the loss to Clyde being one of the 4) which leaves him:

- Saturday, 13 September 2008 - Ross County v Saints

- Saturday, 20 September 2008 - Queen of the South v Saints

- Saturday, 27 September 2008 - Saints v Dundee

What a time to have these fixtures, eh? If Del turns it around at this point in the season then surely folk will be out praising him no ends. Seems we have lost the easy games and now have potentially the three toughest fixtures of the season. Personally I think we'll do well to get maximum points from each game.

How do you think we will fair in these games? Where do you think we will be at the end of the year?

Rumour Del was given 4 games to turn it around, not sure if it's true (the loss to Clyde being one of the 4) which leaves him:

- Saturday, 13 September 2008 - IRN-BRU Scottish Football League First Division

Ross County v Saints

- Saturday, 20 September 2008 - IRN-BRU Scottish Football League First Division

Queen of the South v Saints

- Saturday, 27 September 2008 - IRN-BRU Scottish Football League First Division

Saints v Dundee

What a time to have these fixtures, eh? If Del turns it around at this point in the season then surely folk will be out praising him no ends. Seems we have lost the easy games and now have potentially the three toughest fixtures of the season. Personally I think we'll do well to get maximum points from each game.

How do you think we will fair in these games? Where do you think we will be at the end of the year?

Thats a lot of Irn Bru

Thats a lot of Irn Bru

i got one of the wee glasses they are selling today for 49p.... bit small

seriosuly though if Del turns it around in these three games then all credits due but he'd need to keep the form going for well after these three games to dispel 'the sack' rumours

Asking people to comment on the obvious here - of course it would be good, and it's what we all want - but then again we didn't want to be in the position where we had to win 'em all in the first place. That's about all I can say about a hypothetical scenario that may, or may not, become reality.

What 'sack' rumours.

lets get real here. we needed a good start in the league and as many points on board before this run of 3 tough games. i honestly believe we will win none of the games (maybe not lose them) and will be rock bottom after the dundee game.

hard times ahead.....

He's got time to turn it around. Seem to remember a similar run in the league after we beat Rangers at Ibrox. Probably overlooked because of the euphoria. We went into that game at the top of the league and four games after the cup game should have been out of it with 1 point from 12.

You look at those games on paper and seriously think especially with our current form - there's no chance. But c'mon this is the club that have got to 3 semi finals in two years and beaten numerous SPL sides and comfortably and maybe deserved more, run close to promotion. Who gives a f*** what the paper tells us, how great would it be to get a last minute goal winner against County what a lift we would get - MON SAINTS!!!!

I want to see the players invigorated and up for it, with grit and determination in them when they play against county.

Hopefully we should have a fully fit, or close to, squad to select from. I think the Ross County game will be an indicator to the other 2 games. If we can get a scrappy win, or even a draw with a good performance then a bit of confidence will grow. The key will be if the midfield are solid and there's good communication between Main and the defence.

Fingers crossed. I'm not going to consider the outcome of all 3 games but with the current situation, its important to take one game at a time. If the board were ready to pay a transfer fee on Monday, I can't see them being prepared to sack the manager after the Dundee game however, expectations are high and the situation will more likely be monitorred at Christmas and/or end of the season

I agree with Steve again. It's an old cliche but it really just has to be one game at a time. No point in even thinking about Dundee or Queens yet. Dundee could lose their next two matches 3-0 and all of a sudden, that game looks an entirely different prospect.

I'm just nipping out for a kerry oot for the weekend's games. Could you tell me what you've been on as it sounds good stuff. I think I'll get some ! :razz:

- Saturday, 13 September 2008 - Ross County v Saints

- Saturday, 20 September 2008 - Queen of the South v Saints

- Saturday, 27 September 2008 - Saints v Dundee

Moderators I believe the use of Hallucinogenic Drugs. Magic Mushrooms etc should be banned from this site. Young children require protection from these people.:D