Asier Del Horno

chopper

Asier Del Horno - what would your decision have been?  

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Del Horno deserved to get sent off. He should have been booked twice before for challenges on Messi, and the challenge he was sent off for he missed the ball by about a yard and just booted Messi. They then both started rolling about the ground like they had been shot, high comedy!

It was an assault. Del Horno is nowhere near the ball when he upends Messi and at a rate of speed which was totally careless. He's not even looking at the ball and it's just as well Messi was on the move while attempting to pass him when the assault went in otherwise the connection might have been worse.

We're supposed to be watching skilled players not thugs. There's other sports for the latter.

If his excuse was that he couldn't stop then he can blame his own employers for watering the pitch then or Messi for having top quality skills but it shouldn't be allowed and it was serious. The alternative is to end up with a whole lotta people running about at high speeds and banging into each other, say like Scottish football.

Messi -> ball

then ....

Messi << -- Del Horno --> ball

at high speed = serious.

He didn't come up to challenge Messi he went right through him. I thought Del Horno's intentions were questionable too since if Messi had rounded Del Horno and had already left Terry(?) for dead then he is in the position to set up a golden chance.

I also thought the commentary last night was obscenely bias against Barcelona. :roll: :x

I thought it was never a red car. He tried to kick the ball and missed - simple as that. He didnt even touch Messi (who should be suspended for acting). Shocking decision that ruined the game.

Remember when Van Persie tried to shoot the other week and fell on his backside? Imagine if there was a player standing 1/2 a yard away and he nearly accidently kicked him. Would that be a red card?

Personally I thought it harsh to have sent Del Horno off for that tackle alone. The player going off was correct, as he got away with a cautionable tackle minutes earlier - and the tackle he was penalised for was definitely a 2nd yellow.

Also, had Robben connected with his tackle, that in my mind anyway, was more dangerous than Del Horno's fresh air swipe!

Personally I thought it harsh to have sent Del Horno off for that tackle alone. The player going off was correct, as he got away with a cautionable tackle minutes earlier - and the tackle he was penalised for was definitely a 2nd yellow.

Also, had Robben connected with his tackle, that in my mind anyway, was more dangerous than Del Horno's fresh air swipe!

Having never seen the incident, I would say the total opposite from Chopper. Only because I know he never get's anything correct referee-wise! :wink:

My first instinct when I saw the foul was that it had to be a straight red - upon seeing the replays, I sort of felt it was a just a really bad error on Del Horno's part rather than a professional foul, so I then thought that probably just a yellow would be fair. But obviously the ref doesn't have the luxury of replays, so I can't argue with his decision.

As for Messi's "simulation" - it's not as if he dived. He was clearly knocked flying by a challenge that nobody could have stood up to. Okay, so once he was down he made as much as he could out of rolling around on the ground - but the ref's decision shouldn't be influenced by that, in my opinion, as that's something that happens after the actual incident. So no, I wouldn't have booked Messi.

Was listening to TalkSport on the way home tonight and the vote from Chelsea fans was something close to 90% reckoning the ref got it right - no surprise then that Chopper gets it wrong again :lol:

There is no right or wrong answer on this one :P:roll: - its all about the referee's pinion!!!