Free rugby at McDiarmid park?

Ramagamma

Not exactly a Saints related topic but since the match is tonight, and since its taking place at McDiarmid park, thought I'd put this one out there.

Scotland under 20's are playing Wales under 20's in a rugby match at McDiarmid park tonight, totally free of charge to attend.

Not a huge rugby fan myself but I've always wanted to see a game live in action, sounds like a worthy prospect so I think I might head down, rangle up a few friends and see what its like.

The SRU will be paying for the use of the stadium

They can lay a new pitch when they have finished then

This will ruin the pitch, it has done on previous occasions and will do so again

If it was a high profile match, ala Scotland v Japan then fair enough let them play at McDiarmid, but for pishy nothing matches like this the only winner will be the local grass seed merchant

Either that or tell the nonce's to play in slippers

Those lads wouldn't be any good in a dust up anyway, they only attack when someone is down and can't defend themselves

Cowards

Rugby League however is a different story, no nonsense there and they don't put the boot into someone on the deck

I'm gutted that the pitch will now be completely f***** again for the rest of the season, keep the damn rugby away from McDiarmid

There's another 2 Friday games to be played including:-

Friday 27th February 2009

Scotland ‘A’ v Italy ‘A’

Kick off 7.30pm

We're at home to Dundee the next day!!!!!!!!

They can lay a new pitch when they have finished then

This will ruin the pitch, it has done on previous occasions and will do so again

If it was a high profile match, ala Scotland v Japan then fair enough let them play at McDiarmid, but for pishy nothing matches like this the only winner will be the local grass seed merchant

Either that or tell the nonce's to play in slippers

The pitch won;t be any more harmed than if a reserve game had been played on it. The Club will have a receied afair bit of cash for this game and having watched it on BBC tv there may well have been some tv money involved. Great for the Club.

As for them being nonce's go and walk into any rugby club and repeat that statement. I just hope Sundays game is as good as taht one tonight, and we won.

The pitch won;t be any more harmed than if a reserve game had been played on it. The Club will have a receied afair bit of cash for this game and having watched it on BBC tv there may well have been some tv money involved. Great for the Club.

As for them being nonce's go and walk into any rugby club and repeat that statement. I just hope Sundays game is as good as taht one tonight, and we won.

Agreed. Decent atmosphere, where I was sitting, good game all round. That Kristian Williams Welsh boy looked a cracker.

This should probably be moved to chit-chat, now, though.

Oh, and I was sitting behind the one and only Andy Robinson - manager of the World Cup winning England side, and current manager of Edinburgh! :D

Rubbish, Rugby studs are much longer and they dig into the ground at rucks, scrums, whatever else they feel like using as an excuse to roll around together with

If Rugby was no more harmful than football then why is the pitch noticeably worse after rugby has been played on it

Hosting such a low calibre match does nothing whatsoever to raise the profile of St Johnstone, how many Saints players were on show tonight?!

Remember and make the distinction between league and union, union players always kick, punch or rake the guy who is at the bottom of a scrum or otherwise on the ground

Rugby League is less violent but much tougher

Rubbish, Rugby studs are much longer and they dig into the ground at rucks, scrums, whatever else they feel like using as an excuse to roll around together with

Remember and make the distinction between league and union, union players always kick, punch or rake the guy who is at the bottom of a scrum or otherwise on the ground

Rugby League is less violent but much tougher

No rugby studs are no longer than football studs. I think you are thinking back to many years ago when they used to use the extra long ones.

You can't rake the guy in a scrum, taht will be a ruck you are thinking about, and the number of rucks has reduced over the years. Why are you going on about rugby League?

Did you ever play rugby or was netball more your sport :-)

I was sitting beside Andy Robinson and his friends :D

pitch held up well, more frozen and hard, apart from the white line markings, the pitch is no worse off than beginning of game.

great win for Scotland u20s :D

Scotland u20s v Italy is at Dens (advertised in the programme and announced at the stadium)

Scotland u20s v Ireland is Friday 13th March at McD :D

All the games are at McDiarmid, that's the point i'm trying to make. Never heard of rugby at Dens!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.perthsaints.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=275

Scotland U20 v Italy U20

Friday, 27 February 2009

MATCH DETAILS

Friday 27 February 2009, 7:30pm, Dens Park, DundeeFREE ENTRY (no ticket required)