Queen's Park Sixes: Sat 13th June 2009

The St.johnstone supporters team of old, and now ormond saints have a brilliant and a 20 odd year old assosiation with the Queens park supporters team , and every year they hold a fun style tournament at lesser hampden in glasgow.This is a fun style competition (drink involved) and not to be taken to seriously.The day it self is set into two groups,the younger and slightly more serious tournament, and the masters for older teams.

I have once again been invited to enter a team in the masters part of the day, which would include an early start from perth, playing in about half a dozen 12 minute games, with the bar open at the same time(yes you can have a pint between games) This is followed by a presentation of the trophys, a football quiz, a buffet and drinking till about one in the morning, i should also mention that there are loads of football songs , and dancing to ska, punk ect, not a lot of wuman though, just guys making complete arses of them selfs!!!

I have a basic squad allready for this, but want to use the forum for any new blood out there so if you can answer yes to these questions stick your name down??

Are you up for a good day/night out?

are you over 35?(not essential but it does help, as we are in general an older team... a lot older in my case)

are you willing to compete in a tournament , that is in the main for fun?

SQUAD NUMBERS

1/ Lee Kelman 2/Alan Kelman 3/ Eric Laing 4/Steve Laing 5/Shaun Bartlett 6/ Elvis 7/ Darryl Bain 8/ Garry Nicholson 9/craig taylor

Management team Gav Stewart and Sandy Carr:also on mini bus Gav McDonald, An Other Scotspurs,Kev Heller

£10 DEPOSIT PAID:

grant: YES

allan:YES

eric :YES

steve :YES

shaun :YES

elvis :YES

darryl :YES

garry YES

lee :YES

davie : YES

sandy :YES

gav s :YES

gav mcd :YES

mark leesk: YES

kev :YES

Please be at the back of Ormonds in time for the mini bus to leave at 9.45 AM!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The St.johnstone supporters team of old, and now ormond saints have a brilliant and a 20 odd year old assosiation with the Queens park supporters team , and every year they hold a fun style tournament at lesser hampden in glasgow.This is a fun style competition (drink involved) and not to be taken to seriously.The day it self is set into two groups,the younger and slightly more serious tournament, and the masters for older teams.

I have once again been invited to enter a team in the masters part of the day, which would include an early start from perth, playing in about half a dozen 12 minute games, with the bar open at the same time(yes you can have a pint between games) This is followed by a presentation of the trophys, a football quiz, a buffet and drinking till about one in the morning, i should also mention that there are loads of football songs , and dancing to ska, punk ect, not a lot of wuman though, just guys making complete arses of them selfs!!!

I have a basic squad allready for this, but want to use the forum for any new blood out there so if you can answer yes to these questions stick your name down??

are you over 35?(not essential but it does help, as we are in general an older team... a lot older in my case)

FOOTNOTE: previous participants please post here as well ,if you are available this year!

[CONFIRMED[lee, alan k,eric, shaun, gav f, kev, stevie l , garry nic, darryl , neil, gav mcd, + 1 gav s, sandy, grant, davie ,

blue: playing squad

stand by list ELVIS

FOOTNOTE: previous participants please post here as well ,if you are available this year!

[CONFIRMED[lee, alan k,eric, shaun, gav f, kev, stevie l , garry nic, darryl , neil, gav mcd, + 1 gav s, sandy, grant, davie ,

blue: playing squad

stand by list ELVIS

• 4 weeks later...

Hoping to have some sort of warm up game on the wee pitches north of bells on sunday 7th June:

This has now been confirmed and a few who are going to the 6's and others to make up numbers will meet @ 1PM

Aye steve, elvis, eric, darryl, mark, gav s, leon, craig, gav mcd,

POSSIBLE: gav mcd mate/s mark mate/s, lee, garry, andy ,s leitch and muir

IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND YOU FANCY BLOWING THE COBWEBS AWAY AND GETTING A WEE BIT EXCERCISE !!COME AND JOIN US!! YOU WILL BE VERY WELCOME

Worth while exsercise today wth alan, eric, darryl, steve, steve, and my self from the players going to the 6's made up by mark , stuart , craig, leon and gav mcdonald who made up the number's, good run arround and a good spell with some of the squad getting game time together!! roll on saturday!!!