Dundee Debts

Scott1884

Anyone seen the topic on P&B that says Dundee's debt with HBOS has been renegotiated & they won't be paying anything back & are 'effectively debt free'? Their new director, Melville, is putting up the money for a 25% increase in the player budget for next sesaon. Surely HBOS isn't writing off £7m of debt when other businesses are being closed down for owing much less.

What are debts, we are now the richest club in Scotland and one of the few who are debt free.We will give you 3000 tickets max, for the Bob Shankly stand. Maybe 4 at a push .

I think you are in for one hell of a dissapointment!

What are debts, we are now the richest club in Scotland and one of the few who are debt free.We will give you 3000 tickets max, for the Bob Shankly stand. Maybe 4 at a push .

And the big question is "Why?" and "Why now?".

If anyone wanted to invest to make Dundee a decent SPL regular the time to put in money would have been a year ago, and not when all the decent players had gone and the fans were still behind their manager.

I do not know why Dundee have attracted so many sharks wanting to make money out of football, it is probably has one of the least developable sites left in Scotland, but they do. I really struggle to think of anyone with the interests of the club truly at heart who has had any influence in goodness knows when.

So, big guy crawls out of the woods and puts up a guarentee, almost impossible to believe it is real money.

Sorry Dundee, looks like the story begins again.

:sad: