Ormond Saints V Social Work XI: 31 May 2009

Portable goals and nets to sort for this!! if some of us can please turn up at seven acres at 9.30 am to assist with this, then the game will be able to start on time!!!

Expected Squad: grant, alan, cal, stross, shauny, andy l , elvis, andy m, beej(fitess test ) garry,stuart, gav mcd, eric, steve, craig , leon.

Result H.T O-O F.T 0-2

What can i say about today, great performance in very warm weather, and i am sure even the opposition would admit that the 2-0 score in there favour was not a true reflection on the game 0-0 after 70 odd minutes and it had 0-0 writen all over it!!!

We have come a long way since we last played them and i think it showed!! Craig did ok on his full debut in goal, and was unfortunate with there first goal, but that could also be put down to losing Shaun through injury and not scoring as much as anything.

Thought Shaun and Andy were rock solid at the back, Eric was top notch when he came on which allowed Cal to push forward and he had another excellent game Over on the right Steve who was my choice for man of the match i thought he had a great game!! as did Elvis who as always covered every blade of grass.Stross really suits the role of breaking play up and along side Andy who tired in the heat but both were very solid.

Garry and Gav gave there all up front and Garry was really unlucky to come up against a good keeper and was so unfortunate to see one of his efforts hit the bar.Stuart continues to impresst left mid but perhaps suffered today by being taken off for a rest, although i thought it was the right thing to do at the time.Leon also did well in a subby role when he got the chance

Keep up the good work lads great effort again today we have a great squad of lads now and great team spirit, proud to be in charge of such a great group and we will just have to wait till our next game for our second win.

ORMOND SAINTS: Craig Taylor, Steve Laing, Cal Kennedy, Ian Strawson,Shaun Bartlett, Andy Leitch, Stewart Reid, Andy Muir,( Eric Laing) Gav McDonald, (Leon Yau) Garry Nicholson, Stuart McDonald.

Managers m.o.m : Steve Laing

Opposition m.o.m :Garry Nicholson

having been gavs right hand man for this game can only wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment.

I personally felt that the longer the game went goalless the better the chances of OS scoring first would be. Also the longer the game went goalless the more frustration crept into the play of the SW side.

Anyway that enough from me

Keep those heads High Guys

Chio for Now

TMR

Keep those heads High Guys

Yes I'm trying but it aint easy. Gav thanks for the generous comments but we all know what really happened :cry:

Well done to you all. I thought even after the first one went in we'd come back and get something but it wasn't to be. I have to say I thought all the defence were absolutely solid before and after Shaun went off (Hope the knee's ok Shaun) Andy in particular, 'Superb' mate. Forwards were really unlucky not to get something and the whole midfield worked so hard I faulted no-one, even Richard for giving the ref' a hard time.

Well done lads I'm sure a return to winning form is on the cards as soon as the next game... Cant Wait :shock: ... as long as I'm not in goal!