Saints v Stranrear updates

pezza70

Really dissapointed that we didn't win that game today. Totally dominated, they had one shot on goal the whole game from some really poor defending by us and scored a sloppy goal.

I felt there was a few things about our performance that really let us down however. The lack of any genuine width was a real problem. We were trying to go through the middle of their defence the whole match, and we had no option to knock it long until we put James up front. I feel Coyle has to do everything possible to get an out and out winger in during the January, even if it's only on loan, just to give us a different option when we face eleven men behind the ball like today. I know there's not many around, but we need to do everything possible to find one.

The build-up today was also far too slow, especially in the second half. There were so many times we had a chance to run at thier defence, and instead turned back to play a square pass or go back to the centre-halves. We have to raise the tempo, and have the confidence to take risks in going for the game. Scotland also had probably his poorest game for us today. Didn't look that interested and that should really be the type of game he uses his ability to take by the scruff of the neck. The lack of confidence among the strikers in general is also a worry.

Also can't believe the booing at half and full time, the team gave everything, we just lacked different ideas and options. The points we're dropping at the moment are going to make it hard to catch St. Mirren, but I still feel its possible if we win our next three and bring in a central midfielder who can take control of a game and a winger. I think that's going to be the key to our improvement.

Really dissapointed that we didn't win that game today. Totally dominated, they had one shot on goal the whole game from some really poor defending by us and scored a sloppy goal.

I felt there was a few things about our performance that really let us down however. The lack of any genuine width was a real problem. We were trying to go through the middle of their defence the whole match, and we had no option to knock it long until we put James up front. I feel Coyle has to do everything possible to get an out and out winger in during the January, even if it's only on loan, just to give us a different option when we face eleven men behind the ball like today. I know there's not many around, but we need to do everything possible to find one.

The build-up today was also far too slow, especially in the second half. There were so many times we had a chance to run at thier defence, and instead turned back to play a square pass or go back to the centre-halves. We have to raise the tempo, and have the confidence to take risks in going for the game. Scotland also had probably his poorest game for us today. Didn't look that interested and that should really be the type of game he uses his ability to take by the scruff of the neck. The lack of confidence among the strikers in general is also a worry.

Also can't believe the booing at half and full time, the team gave everything, we just lacked different ideas and options. The points we're dropping at the moment are going to make it hard to catch St. Mirren, but I still feel its possible if we win our next three and bring in a central midfielder who can take control of a game and a winger. I think that's going to be the key to our improvement.

They had 1 shot on goal anf 2 off-goal, we had 5 on-goal; and 6 off-goal. In my opinion we should be converting far more of these shoes and not wasting them!!

One other thought, let's sign Barry John Corr....

Absolutely gutted.Heron Addict sums it up perfectly,no width and no crisp passes or movement.Hate 3-5-2,but that might been more effective in getting behind them,stretched them a bit.Ando had a nightmare,McCann is not the answer,he kicked easy crosses out of play or at the keeper.Mid-field worries me with the lack of movement and mobility. Almost certainly the result that kills any lingering hope of promotion!

Very very poor. I thought we played well in the first half without creating - Stranraer contributed nothing to the game. Second half we were under so much pressure to score we started making mistakes. We ran out of ideas - simple as that. James should have been up front sooner.

I think Milne tries 100% but that should not mean he is immune to criticism - he needs to start scoring soon or he should be dropped.

There are a few players we need to get rid of:

Anderson (rubbish at right back).

McCann

Sheerin (played ok today - maybe a good squad player but not first team).

Keyring

I would consider Stanic at left wing with Fotheringham in behind when he is fit. Stanic is our best player IMHO.

Todaywe were appauling !

Just seemed to be a lack of effort and care. Was sitting in the Main stand because my Saintee in exile uncle was up from England and wanted to sit there for sentimental reasons. No wonder the East Stand is so empty with shcoking play like that. I got a Saturday off for the first time in 5 months to travel up for the game and to see that is appauling and a shambles !

GET IT SORTED OWEN !

Did you really believe there was effort??

To me people weren't bursting a gut to get forard there was no closing down, just a lack of interest for me.

They came off knackered. They are not good enough to break teams down who have 11 men behind the ball. Out team is not dynamic enough - they can only play one way.

A special word for stranraer - time wasters like ive never seen before. From the 20th min as well.