Next Saint for Scotland?

McD

No it's realism... in recent memory, we've seen Hartley and Davidson get called up fairly soon after leaving us, but not getting a sniff when involved, and how Biscuits Preston never got a call up is beyond me!!:wink:
John O Neil too was very unlucky not to get another call up after OUR season aswell. Not to mention Alzo.

John O Neil too was very unlucky not to get another call up after OUR season aswell. Not to mention Alzo.

i remember the delboy for scotland chants well, but he only got the call up as soon as he left us.

Is McLean not our best hope? doesn't say much for the International set-up!

I think realistically we're all talking balls, but there's no reason why a few young ones if they have a good season cant get into the u21/future team. None of our strikers have a chance. Our mid field is so strong Mooner, Craig an Davidson would have to play out of their skins to play week in an out to be recognized. Rusty an Irvine are definate shouts too.

I had to wiki grainger to find out he was english but found out his middle name is leslie-haha think we should all call him that from now on

John did - when he was at Hibs of course.

I think we have some way to go to shake off this tage of being an 'also-ran' team.

I read an article last week about Paul Slane of Motherwell claiming he felt snubbed by Scotland because he was from a 'deprived' background, nearly died lughing. The myth of blaize picthes, tanner ba' players and west-coast football heartlands means that the 'deprived' areas are rarely overlooked. Play for Motherwell in the SPL and you'll get an under 21 cap guaranteed.