Massive blue and white away day army

Ginger Bakers rebel army

everyone just try to advertise it as much as possible, i am putting it on my pie and bovril signature etc and telling as many peopl about it as i can.

Great idea

and I hope you don't mind but I've also changed my P&B signature to help advertise the day. All Saintees on P&B should do it....

FAN(SAINTEES)TASTIC ,just back from a few beers in the Royal.

So good to see so many Saintees getting their dander up about so many silly comments from the Pars Forum.

First of all lets just make it clear , while Dunfermline is bigger,population wise than Perth,we are pretty much in the same space football wise. Over the last 20 years I would say pound for pound the bragging rights belong to Perth. Older Saintees will remember a genuine ,over the line corner kick goal which was disallowed from wing wizzard Freddie Aitken at Tynecastle that sholuld have got us to a cup final. I think the ref was Tiny Wharton , TOSSER. Some fans dislike the Challenge Cup , but hey ho ,we eventually won it against the Pars at DFC , what a great day that was! Overall we are on top ,tractors .sheep and of course European football.

However ,lets be real , both supports have huge aspirations about being a permanent top 6 fixture in the SPL. What is apparent is , in the modern SFL world teams can buy there way up (Gretna) or if they get lucky they can get a good squad to gell under an insparational leader , player or manager eg Totten , Sturrock or McIness and move upstairs.

Anyway , the main reason for the poat is a CHALLENGE to "LOYALPAR" who posted on 7/10 on the DAFC fans forum and believes we will take "300 maximum". If less than 300 Saintees turn upon the day , every Saintee will cancel their season tickets at Mcdiarmid and Rody Grant will do a Lady Godiva through the streets of Dunfermline after the match.

If however "LOYALPAR" is wrong , all we ask is that 2,000 plus DAFC turn up at Mcdiarmid on 24/1 and "LOYALPAR" ,not only sponsors the game , buys the ball ,treats 50 of his closest family to a meal in the main stand but also buys a pie and bovril and programme for every Saintee that turns up on the day. Get real , you had better start saving Panda man , and just wait for the yellow van outside the 208 after the game.

Saintees here ,Saintees there!!

Barca -saintee the point that most outsiders miss is that not only do we currently have 2FTSE top 100 companies we have a remarkable tradition to be proud of through institutions such as the GA and Bells .

Yes we have lots of county folk and they are hugely part of our religion at our mecca McDairmid but we have a mix of commuters , city types and hard working local people,

Add to that a remarkable history , Kinnoull hill , the longest river in Scotland , the Royal bar , the great Alec Ferg , the Himalya carry out and the best looking women in the world ,my god are we favoured.

The great AF , why is he on the list ? it's simple , as a young man in a SAINTEES strip ,the man from Govan put 3 past the **** at Ibrox ( very few have achieved that and AF is the only Saintee ever to do it) , clever move! that got him a move to the big time ,the rest is history , but that is why he still looks out for our result at 4.45 on a Saturday ,how good is that.

I went up to Muirton one day in the year ,

To see the Saints play my intentions were clear ,

We beat Glasgow Rangers and gave them the blue's ,

From now till tomorrow the saints shall not loose , and it's only never , only , never no more , will St Johnstone be beaten , no never no more.

Blue and white del boy army

Barca -saintee the point that most outsiders miss is that not only do we currently have 2FTSE top 100 companies we have a remarkable tradition to be proud of through institutions such as the GA and Bells .

Yes we have lots of county folk and they are hugely part of our religion at our mecca McDairmid but we have a mix of commuters , city types and hard working local people,

Add to that a remarkable history , Kinnoull hill , the longest river in Scotland , the Royal bar , the great Alec Ferg , the Himalya carry out and the best looking women in the world ,my god are we favoured.

The great AF , why is he on the list ? it's simple , as a young man in a SAINTEES strip ,the man from Govan put 3 past the **** at Ibrox ( very few have achieved that and AF is the only Saintee ever to do it) , clever move! that got him a move to the big time ,the rest is history , but that is why he still looks out for our result at 4.45 on a Saturday ,how good is that.

I went up to Muirton one day in the year ,

To see the Saints play my intentions were clear ,

We beat Glasgow Rangers and gave them the blue's ,

From now till tomorrow the saints shall not loose , and it's only never , only , never no more , will St Johnstone be beaten , no never no more.

My god, you sound very sensible and level headed. What are you doing on this forum:laugh::laugh:

4 pints of the big Tennants , and a couple of Smirnoffs in the Royal and now on my 3rd can of Magners , won't be driving for a while in the morning! Note ,no buckie , but I do worship the great grape.

"Sensible" ,Burghsaintee. just got a great sense of Saintees history and trying to help what I feel is a massive blue and white worthwhile cause.

It's in the blood , the Fifers have taken the bait, 3 points in the bag , Saints will turn out in huge numbers , the players will react and I reckon it will give us all the inspiration to drive us on until we run the champions flag up the pole at the end of the season.

All thanks to "Loyalpar" who just lost them any remote chance they had of winning the league. Here's hoping all his best mate(s) buy him a fizzy drink or two and a couple of big Mac's now that he has just broken free from Mothercare and give him all the support he needs to pay for the return leg at Mcdiarmid. Get saving par boy , you are way off the mark.

As part of our away day on 1/11 ,is there any interest on the forum for a car convoy to EAP.?

Perhaps meeting at McDiarmid between 12.45 and 13.15 and setting off at 13.15. Scarfs out windows and any other blue and white bits you can display.

That would get the cavalcade into Dunfermline in plenty of time for the 2.30 sing along. For those that are going by car if you register a commitment on the forum to take part and we get a decent number of forum members to commit to this say minimum 25 I will see if we can get the PA to advertise it to a wider audience to gather more support.

If anyone is interested please post under this thread.

Momentum for the Livi game will take care of itself over the next few days , I think we will have a good turnout and I have a great feeling about coming away with 3 points.

The point of the 1/11 game was to give everyone a few weeks to plan ahead , book some extra buses , get the train sorted and get as many people as we can motivated to go along and make as much noise as possible. It is not going to happen every week but hopefully we will get a big turnout and we can take it from there.

how many did we take last outting at dunfy - looked on the picture radford put up like 500??

I havent posted in a while and would just like to say the big away day concept is a great idea. I'm well up for the dunfy game (never been to east end park). players will be up for it after disastorous result at mcd against dunfermline last time. i think with the right build up we can take between 1500-2000... on my way to get all ma mates up for it.

how many we expecting to take to livi this weekend and after the dunfy game when is the next big away day or am i thinking too far ahead :D

Radford 72 , couldnt agree more on numbers over DAFC.

It looks like , there is no interest in a car convoy , thats fine , we will drop that sugestion here and now.Cars can make their own way to EAP.

Lets explore the dea of sharing buses . We have buses leaving from various locations however we also have groups of saintees that mabe be a few or may be 10 to 20 but cannot muster enough for a full bus on 1/11/.

Lets have an pen forum discussion on the what , why and where scenario if we can get a few comitted sainteesw fro each main hieterley together wirh cash begibd tyhe bar lets hget sme nore byses booked.

I apologise for the last para of the last post , I have not yet got used to how the spell check works on the forum and was typing away knowing I would pop back and correct it and then hey ho I presesd the submit button.

Any way the real point is , what we need is committment to run busses on 1/11 .

We already have support going from the Jeanfield 208 ,the Super j's , Kinnears and the Dunkeld Road club , bless em all.

Booking a bus on an away day is a financial comitment. I really want this to happen and will consider underwriting bus bookings. To this end if anyone needs financial support in gettng a bus booked from one or more locations then please let me know and i will see what can be done to support the cause.

I want to make this a great success.Please submit any requests for support by 10pm Thursday 16/10. I willneed real commitment to fill additional buses at cost price , but am open to suggestions from all main saintees hostilieries.Shared buses from multi locations may work.

I am heading off on holiday on Saturdayfor a week so we will need to stick by the Thursday deadline if i am going to help at thiis point.

I spoke to a couple of friends this morning on the bus sharing concept. we all agree that it is a good idea but the timescale is very tight as I wont be around for a week after Saturday.

We also think that 3 points from LIVI will give considerable acceleration to the away day.

What I would therefore suggest is that forum members from various locations drum up support in their locals over the next few days and post numbers and location for potential pick ups on here on Monday of next week. If there is enough interest then buses could be run to pick up at various points.

Suggest we look at one leaving from Pitlochry or Dunkeld and picking up in Bankfoot , Luncarty and Stanley.

One from Balirgowrie picking up in Coupar Angus , Burrelton and Balbeggie.

One from Crieff picking up in Muthill and Auchterarder.

One from Newburgh picking up in Abernethy and Bridge of Earn.

One leaving the Mallard and picking up in the town.

And one from Barossa st picking up at the police , civil and prison clubs.

We need forum members from each of the locations to get something on display in the pub/club advertising the away day.

Usethe forum as the base for seeing what interest lies where and then take a view as to whether a shared bus is viable. I am sure we can get some more bums on seats if we do this to support the team and make one enormous din at EAP.

If it looks like there is enough support their are pleanty of bus companies around that can give you a price for the day.

FAN(SAINTEES)TASTIC ,just back from a few beers in the Royal.

So good to see so many Saintees getting their dander up about so many silly comments from the Pars Forum.

First of all lets just make it clear , while Dunfermline is bigger,population wise than Perth,we are pretty much in the same space football wise. Over the last 20 years I would say pound for pound the bragging rights belong to Perth. Older Saintees will remember a genuine ,over the line corner kick goal which was disallowed from wing wizzard Freddie Aitken at Tynecastle that sholuld have got us to a cup final. I think the ref was Tiny Wharton , TOSSER. Some fans dislike the Challenge Cup , but hey ho ,we eventually won it against the Pars at DFC , what a great day that was! Overall we are on top ,tractors .sheep and of course European football.

However ,lets be real , both supports have huge aspirations about being a permanent top 6 fixture in the SPL. What is apparent is , in the modern SFL world teams can buy there way up (Gretna) or if they get lucky they can get a good squad to gell under an insparational leader , player or manager eg Totten , Sturrock or McIness and move upstairs.

Anyway , the main reason for the poat is a CHALLENGE to "LOYALPAR" who posted on 7/10 on the DAFC fans forum and believes we will take "300 maximum". If less than 300 Saintees turn upon the day , every Saintee will cancel their season tickets at Mcdiarmid and Rody Grant will do a Lady Godiva through the streets of Dunfermline after the match.

If however "LOYALPAR" is wrong , all we ask is that 2,000 plus DAFC turn up at Mcdiarmid on 24/1 and "LOYALPAR" ,not only sponsors the game , buys the ball ,treats 50 of his closest family to a meal in the main stand but also buys a pie and bovril and programme for every Saintee that turns up on the day. Get real , you had better start saving Panda man , and just wait for the yellow van outside the 208 after the game.

Saintees here ,Saintees there!!

GINGER BAKER!!! I think this is a great idea, why dont you make up some a4 posters for it, if you do , i can pm you my address and i will stick them up in my area , haunts ect

Thanks Lark Saint , I am a bit of a neanderthal when it comes to doing fancy things on the computer, but I like your idea of getting a poster up.

There must be lots of forum users that could design something and put it on here as an attachment that everyone could use.

Can I asuggest therefore anyone with those skills to make a poster that could be displayed in pubs/clubs get your examples in by 9pm tomorrow night and we will pick one that we can all use.

Suggest heading something along the lines of "MASSIVE BLUE AND WHITE ARMY AWAY DAY TO DUNFERMLINE ON 1/11/08"

"Saints fans are planning to invade Dunfermline in a sea of blue and white to support the team on 1/11 and ensure we give them the backing to come home with 3 points.

We are guaging support for a bus from ######.

If interested please leave name and contact number below.

Cost is likely to be between £6 and £8 per head."

I look forward to seeing some creative thinking from the saintees maestros.