Were Rangers in 'Administration' When They Played at Perth?

soulfulsaint

Aye but we're now bankrupt along wi them after paying for their night in Gleneagles.

It would be great if they did go into Liquidation and then re-appeared like Airdrie (United) a few years later in the new two league Scottish game (we changed it when you were away) calling themselves Rangers United Except When We're Getting Beat Then We Leave Early.

Aye but we're now bankrupt along wi them after paying for their night in Gleneagles.

It would be great if they did go into Liquidation and then re-appeared like Airdrie (United) a few years later in the new two league Scottish game (we changed it when you were away) calling themselves Rangers United Except When We're Getting Beat Then We Leave Early.

I'm sorry if I missed something but WHY would we pay for them to stay anywhere???

My apologies for suggesting that Saints may have had to pay - this is not true and I'm happy to correct it..

Soulful according to the SPL rule book clubs that are staying overnight due to a morning kick off have the right to ask the home team to pay from the SPL Handbook:

C6.3 Should a morning kick-off necessitate the Visiting Club incurring overnight

hotel expenses, the Visiting Club shall be entitled to claim reasonable costs

(for no more than 25 persons) from the Home Club against the gross gate.

Any dispute in this regard shall be determined by the Board in its absolute

discretion. The Visiting Club must make any such claim within 14 days of the

match in question and payment or referral to the Board if the Home Club

disputes the amount claimed, made by the Visiting Club within 14 days of

receipt of the claim.

Soulful according to the SPL rule book clubs that are staying overnight due to a morning kick off have the right to ask the home team to pay from the SPL Handbook:

C6.3 Should a morning kick-off necessitate the Visiting Club incurring overnight

receipt of the claim.

I agree although the club say in this incident they were not asked to pay???

Its a disgrace either way.

I think the whole Murray thing is going to unravel like a Robert Maxwell scenario.

Rangers are in £30m debt, but in the scheme of things ratio to turnover this would be like Killie having £1m debt or Dundee Utd similar. So its hardly insolvency

If Rangers were a stand alone club trading only as a football team the bank would not be puting the same squeeze on them as they could clearly pay back the agreed funding.

...except that their customers are notoriously fickle, don't turn up, leave early when they do, and abandon the club on mass when success is not guaranteed. Out of Europe, struggling at home and no incmoming players of any note - we'll see how loyal they are then. I predict a few crowds reminiscent of the pre-Souness era by February.

...I think they should bill Savo for 'recreational services', that over-head kick looked like fun rather than work.

receipt of the claim.

Kicked off 1230 PM thankyouverymuch.

I'm sorry if I missed something but WHY would we pay for them to stay anywhere???

Well I heard on the Stuart & Tam (Stu & Thomas) show that the host club has to pay for the essential overnight stay before a game especially for such a long journey. I'm sure they were jesting but it was funny.

I don't think they should be going there anyway if things are so catastrophic.

Lloyds have stated tonight that they have no say in how the **** are run and their position is no different from a number of clubs however due to their size they have been spotlighted. Hmm EPL my arse but untill they start ripping off players local businesses and everyone else I wont put them in the same boat as Livi. All this sh*te from both sides in the OF about subsidising the "wee" teams must cease forthwith.

Now the OF might have to live within their means like the rest of us thereby making the SPL more competitive. Interesting article today saying that during periods when Rangers are less successful their fans from outwith Glasgow disappear like snow off a dyke (glory hunters!). Even stated that at 1 game in the season before the Souness era started the crowd was just over 2000.

Lloyds have stated tonight that they have no say in how the **** are run and their position is no different from a number of clubs however due to their size they have been spotlighted. Hmm EPL my arse but untill they start ripping off players local businesses and everyone else I wont put them in the same boat as Livi. All this sh*te from both sides in the OF about subsidising the "wee" teams must cease forthwith.

Seem to have been put under pressure by the Scottish Secretery to lay off Rangers. Must be a by election coming up in Goven or something.

Seem to have been put under pressure by the Scottish Secretery to lay off Rangers. Must be a by election coming up in Goven or something.

yep a Celtic supporting Scottish Secy who is allegedly at the vatican arranging a papal visit broke off his meeting with the pope's staff to save Rangers :-)

If they do go into administration.......................sorry stopped for a little prayer........wouldn't they only be docked 10 points? I understood Livi were relegated as they had been in administration previously.

Livi's relegation was from the First Division though, not the SPL. A better precedent would be Gretna who, frighteningly, as I remember it, were given money by the SPL to help them fulfil their obligations until the season ended. So might we end up in a situation where the SPL - a body Rangers have regularly claimed themselves to be too good to be involved with - might have to come to Rangers' aid? That truly would be hilarious, although my preferred way of dealing with TFOD would be to deduct them 100 points and send them straight to the Third Division (with East Stirling then moving to either the English Premier League, or a new Atlantic League, in order to make room for them).:D

Can they move their ground too please?

... to somewhere in the Atlantic where finances are not necessarily water-tight, liquidity is great and where the club can just just sink properly.

I like the way OF fans one week complain about the lack of competition in Scotland and want to leave for greater competition elsewhere, then the next week their complaining about not being able to buy lots of other club's players so that they can make other clubs and the SPL generallly more uncompetitive.

Competition is great!

Jim Murphy, the minister for Scotland, has told Lloyds they should be sympathetic to Rangers predicament. I don't remember any ministers speaking out when Livi, Gretna & the rest went bust. Why should Rangers get special treatment? They've been living beyond theirr means & that's why they're in trouble.

Jim Murphy, the minister for Scotland, has told Lloyds they should be sympathetic to Rangers predicament. I don't remember any ministers speaking out when Livi, Gretna & the rest went bust. Why should Rangers get special treatment? They've been living beyond theirr means & that's why they're in trouble.

Not sticking up for them BUT they havent been living beyond their means any more than 10 or so other SPL teams Pro rata income v expendature.

As I stated earlier, its MIH who are the problem and Rangers are part of this group. The whole group is fecked, but Rangers represent a quick way for the bank to raelise some money via selling assets

If they were a standalone club outwith MIH the bank wouldnt be hounding them.

Simple