Davidson for Scotland

dan loves saints

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course he would its something he's not done in his career, I suspect he would bite the selectors arms off. Lets face it, he aint gonna play for England unless JT or Lampard get him a mercy cap :wink:

I wonder if someones mentioned this on pie and bovril, gauge the reaction of Jody playing for Scotland. I have no problem with it whatsoever

Davidson is pretty quality as midfielders go. He can make tackles, play the simple forward pass, win headers, he's got a good build and he's excellent at arriving late in the box. Potentially our best all-round midfielder. Don't agree with all this Moon/Davidson malarky but I suppose we'll have to choose at one point.

I'd rather see them compliment each other in the middle though. They have very compimentative qualities as it is. Muzz has the physical build but not the pace or movement which Mooner has. Mooner has a cracker of a shot on him, Muzz will get more goals with his head. Muzz can play the simple pass, Moon can play the defence breaking final ball.

Exciting stuff.

I had two mates at the game with me on Saturday, one a Celtic fan and the other an Inverness man.

They both thought that Davidson was absolutely rank rotten! I couldn't believe what I was hearing! His forward runs are excellent and really well timed, plus, as others have said, he can play the simple pass time and time again.

I think Davidson has great promise. OK, he lacks a wee bit in certain areas, but he is still young and is learning all the time.

However, I did want to ask the question - is he as good as we make out or are we just totally and utterly biased?:D

I thought Morris played below his usual standards at the weekend, hopefully that won't go against him as I feel he'd be a welcome addition to the Scotland setup. He offers something I think we're missing as a natural holding midfielder. We've got plenty stop gaps that can play that role at a push but no natural holding midfielders the right side of 30

I thought Morris played below his usual standards at the weekend, hopefully that won't go against him as I feel he'd be a welcome addition to the Scotland setup. He offers something I think we're missing as a natural holding midfielder. We've got plenty stop gaps that can play that role at a push but no natural holding midfielders the right side of 30

I have as much chance of playing for Scotland as Jody does:laugh:

Think Davidson is a good player & one day will play for Scotland(once he signs for Rangers)but he is not ready yet.

The guy has everything though,he is a box to box player,wins almost everything in the air,wins most tackles & not afraid to put his head or feet in where it hurts.

Not sure he will last a whole season the way puts himself about.

there's not many midfielders that you could guarantee will get at least 2 great chances to score a game, but you can almost bet your house on Murray arriving late with a header every game

You would also bet your house that he would miss both those chances. All he needs is a bit of composure, but in all fairness, a couple more years at SPL level and he will be finishing the chances he has been creating by the bucket load this season.

Question: Who was the last Saints player to be capped by Scotland?????

Question: Who was the last Saints player to be capped by Scotland?????

Sandy McLaren, 1930-odd!

I read an article in the Metro this morning which contained an interview with Hegarty which confirmed that Davidson was one of the players he had been sent to watch by Burley.

I also read in the Herald this morning:

"Jim Jefferies revealed that a 
conversation with John Hughes,
the Hibernian manager, had them in agreement that St Johnstone are one of the best footballing sides in the league."