#20 - 19/12/2009 - Saints 1-0 St Mirren - SPL

Jamie_Beatson

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Del won't take any advice from this forum re team selection for the St.Mirren game.:shock:

We really need McCaffrey and Samuel back to boost our chances next week. Anderson is an accident waiting to happen, Gartland needs someone to talk him through the game and without Samuel we have no one up front as I don't think JJ, Deuchar and McDonald are good enough for the SPL.

The forumers formations are always priceless in a slump!!!

Correct, wholesale changes to personel and tactics are only going to disrupt the team even more than injuries already have done. What we need more than anything over the christmas period is a settled team.

On the basis that Caff makes it and Sammy doesn't i would go..

Smith

Mackay McCaffrey Gartland Grainger

Swankie Morris Davidson Craig

Morais

Deuchar.

Main, Ando, Moon, Millar, Peaso, plus 2 U21s.

I've heard that McCaffrey requires an operation once we get a fit defence, not sure how much truth there is in that?? Maybe Dr 101 would be in a better position to tell me?

Three posters in a row wanting a back three? Two defeats on the bounce obviously makes forumers go dillusional. In my opinion, there is no place in the game for a back three, unless the wing backs are Cafu and Roberto Carlos. Also, one of the three wanting Moon and Morris too play in the centre of a four man midfield? We're dominated in the centre of the park enough without the average height of the midfield being reduced to 4'3". I do happen to think Davidson could do with a rest but Moon with Morris will simply not work.

to tell you the truth i totally forgot about murray davidson!:shock:

Correct, wholesale changes to personel and tactics are only going to disrupt the team even more than injuries already have done. What we need more than anything over the christmas period is a settled team.

On the basis that Caff makes it and Sammy doesn't i would go..

Smith

Mackay McCaffrey Gartland Grainger

Swankie Morris Davidson Craig

Morais

Deuchar.

Main, Ando, Moon, Millar, Peaso, plus 2 U21s.

I've heard that McCaffrey requires an operation once we get a fit defence, not sure how much truth there is in that?? Maybe Dr 101 would be in a better position to tell me?

101 Saint has no inside information. I don't expect to see Caff on Saturday. Sammy will probably return with Jacko, late January or early February.

Nah, I still think Swankie is gash. But he played well in that Burnley game that I based that (fantasy) line up on. I would actually be tempted to play Macdonald in that left centre-forward role if he is fit enough. He's done well there in the past and I'd much prefer him to Swankie. All I did was remove injured personnel.

Nah, I still think Swankie is gash. But he played well in that Burnley game that I based that (fantasy) line up on. I would actually be tempted to play Macdonald in that left centre-forward role if he is fit enough. He's done well there in the past and I'd much prefer him to Swankie. All I did was remove injured personnel.

You are an evil person ..Swanks is da man...

How did you feel Swankie played yesterday?