#30 - 22/02/11 - Saints 0-0 Dundee Utd - SPL

I'm surprised McInnes didn't go 4-4-2 or even 4-4-3. It was obvious with the pitch in such poor condition that playing the ball through the middle was a non starter. I would have missed the midfield out all together and played the long ball into the channels. The conditions made it difficult for defenders but we made life easy for them with only one up front.

The midfield worked hard but struggled to get up the pitch to support Samuel and it looked like we were happy to settle for the draw. Samuel started brightly but ran out of steam after 60 mins and was unable to make the runs down the flanks for the out ball.

Well I think I know why he didn't do that. :laugh:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Game was a bit scrappy, United had more movement than us but rarely threatened, we were a bit lacklustre, hopefully just the pitch. Goalie, defence and midfield were steady enough and Adams played well alongside muzz who for me has been excellent for a good few weeks. Samuel put in a shift and thought Taylor tried hard and got short shrift from a good defender but for me i haven't seen anything in his other games to offer us anything, isn't blessed with pace, doesn't have a trick to make up for this so is too easy marked and gets very few crosses in.