#30 - 22/02/11 - Saints 0-0 Dundee Utd - SPL

Must be in the minority in thinking it wasn't too bad a game,played on a poor pitch.Too evenly matched teams kept the chances to a minimum,but thought both teams played on the front foot,when in possession.Certainly a better effort from us than saturday,clean sheet and another point nearer safety.

Agree I think I was watching the same game as you and not the one some folk have been watching.

How anyone can complain about the players passing and work rate on that surface is beyong me. The ball is bobbling about like god knows what. I am just waiting on someone haveing a go at the goalie for his kicking, which I actually thought given the pitch was superb,.

Another point and no goas conceded. Well Done.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from regarding a former striker who I think we are missing massively, I can't really think of anything you've ever posted that I've disagreed with, Dave. With you on tonight as well.

Can't think who that can be Radford:),not sure we're missing him,but Sheridan would've been a fine acquistion if we could've afforded him,imo.

I really, really, really enjoyed that tonight. Full blooded, tackles flying in, brilliant fight. Yes there was a lack of chances created but it was a very enjoyable game imo. Sammy was absolutely magnificent. He shows his best form when upfront on his own, but in saying that he has really came onto a game recently. Ref was giving us nothing all night. The United fans were dreadful and the East Stand completely outsang them. Pleased with that.

Agree I think I was watching the same game as you and not the one some folk have been watching.

How anyone can complain about the players passing and work rate on that surface is beyong me. The ball is bobbling about like god knows what. I am just waiting on someone haveing a go at the goalie for his kicking, which I actually thought given the pitch was superb,.

Another point and no goas conceded. Well Done.

Agreed also. It got a bit scrappy in the 2nd half for a spell, but I've seen far worse.

Thought the ref was shite though, what was he up to?

I really, really, really enjoyed that tonight. Full blooded, tackles flying in, brilliant fight. Yes there was a lack of chances created but it was a very enjoyable game imo. Sammy was absolutely magnificent. He shows his best form when upfront on his own, but in saying that he has really came onto a game recently. Ref was giving us nothing all night. The United fans were dreadful and the East Stand completely outsang them. Pleased with that.

i like your attitude.

I actually didn't mind the game tonight...compared to Saturday it was a cavalcade of entertainment!! Adams and Muzz together really rattle up the midfield and either or both can burst forward to support the attack - we just need the balls coming in from out wide - which didn't happen enough - either because Cleve couldn't get past a closed gate or Liam swung a plank of wood (otherwise known as his right leg) at the ball

Saying that, I am seriously missing celebrating any goals, or even being lifted out of my seat due to a pulsating attack which ends in a close thing or their keeper making a great save.

Please stop the long throws....they are actually more effective for the opposition - how many times do the other team get a breakaway following one of them :roll:

How bad was May's attempt when through on the left hand side!! Youngster or not - that was poor - what happened to the confidence of only a fortnight ago?? Still, the lad will have many good days in a Saints top i'm sure

Held up the ball superbly all night, linked up well with the wide men and gave his all up top on his own. He led the line superbly. Even if you don't think he was affective to say he was lazy defies belief.

ok maybe lazy was wrong but i dont think he gave his all. he needs a strike partner as he cant cover the front line on his own

Didn't think that was as bad as many were making out - a decent performance from us, we fought hard in midfield and offered little in the final third. But that's expected considering we started with 1 up front.

Thought the midfield looked good and Adams and Davidson looked good together and certainly put in a few great tackles and closed them down. Defence was solid, Anderson continues to shine with Duberry talking him through his game. He's really excelled himself this season. Thought Grainger did well against Goodwillie in the second half and never took any of his crap!

Sammy's workrate has certainly improved over the last few weeks - he worked hard and put in a tough shift up front alone whilst carrying his injury.

Onwards and upwards... just don't go with high expectations to Ibrox please :wink:

Any news on Adams?

after inverness tonight was like watching barcelona.

saints edged the 1st , utd edged the 2nd.

the back 4 were otstanding tonight. muzz and adams battled well. sammy worked his socks off. so not a great team performance but lots of good individual ones.

deliveries need to be better considering the height threat we carry with doobs dave ando muzz and adams.

i wood have liked us to go 442 at ht taking jody off but that would never happen plus cleve had to be 1st off the pitch,

some unthinkable decisions from the ref, the worst when sammy was flattened at the edge of the box in the 1st half but he gave offfside againt liam?

moment of the night watching badfanny thumping the pitch after he slipped :)

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. I think the comments about Uniteds support are a bit ignorant. We all know they would've brought a lot more if this game had gone ahead on a Saturday as originally scheduled. For such a horrible evening, they travelled well. Especially considering they're not playing very well just now. We wouldn't have taken that many to Tannadice last night.

Onto the game, I can see why people who went on Saturday would've enjoyed last night but for those of us who weren't subjected to Inverness, it wasn't the best. Sure, you can take positives from the match but we barely threatened and it was a pretty average 0-0 draw.

Thought Samuel was incredibly poor. He's more than capable of making a nuisance of himself as a lone striker so I don't buy that he can't lead the frontline on his own. He was having one of his 'can't be bothered' evenings, I think.