The real 'invincibles'

Saintietilidie

No doubt in my eyes that Messi is the best player ever and that Barca are without doubt the best team ever by some distance! Heard Shearer make a comment in tribute to Scholes saying 'he is one of the few players in their prime that i think would make it into the current barca team'. Just wondering what current players would actually manage to get into the barca team? I would put in Vidic instead of Mascherano, even though i was impressed with him in the final. Apart from that i struggle to see anyone else get in, perhaps someone for Pedro. How about you guys?

Mascherano isnt even a centre back, nevermind their 1st choice centre back.

I couldnt see Scholes fitting in this team, ever, xavi and iniesta are the best pairing in the world and no one would split it up and there is no way Scholes can do what Busquets does without getting sent off after 5 minutes.

There is probably a few better goalkeepers out there than Valdes. As for Pedro? He has 20 odd goals this season so would you want to replace him? Ronaldo at Madrid would probably do better, for now anyway.

I would stick to La Masia (their youth system) since from the age of eight they are trained in the Barcelona way until it is second nature i.e. 4 players make themselves available when 1 has possesion and a feasible shot is not available, and 4 players challenge when not in possesion (1 to approach and 3 to surround opposition available options/players). It sounds hard work but it's not it's just enjoyable and natural after years of understanding it. It's the opposion that get KNACKERED. Johan Cruyff set up La Masia based on the Ajax youth system when he was there.

Here are five player in the current squad who came through La Masia -

LaMasiaTalent.jpg

.... plus there's Valdez, Xavi and Iniesta. So more will be on their way.

Maybe they could acquire Neymar (Santos).

Mascherano isnt even a centre back, nevermind their 1st choice centre back.

I couldnt see Scholes fitting in this team, ever, xavi and iniesta are the best pairing in the world and no one would split it up and there is no way Scholes can do what Busquets does without getting sent off after 5 minutes.

There is probably a few better goalkeepers out there than Valdes. As for Pedro? He has 20 odd goals this season so would you want to replace him? Ronaldo at Madrid would probably do better, for now anyway.

Mascherano wasnt a centre back at his previous clubs but is getting played as a first choice centre back at barca. Whether we agree with that or not is besides the point, puyol and him rotate about alongside gerard pique. So in that respect i would put in Vidic instead. Agree with the keepers comment, Cech or Casillas are better i think.

Pedro is rapid and cant argue with his 20 goals but with that service from midfield then he really has to score 20 goals atleast. Took his goal brilliantly in the final but i feel there are definately better strikers out there. Not a chance would ronaldo feature, no place for selfishness in that team which works so hard for each other. Having a player with ronaldos attitude and work ethic would ruin the team

Mascherano wasnt a centre back at his previous clubs but is getting played as a first choice centre back at barca. Whether we agree with that or not is besides the point, puyol and him rotate about alongside gerard pique. So in that respect i would put in Vidic instead. Agree with the keepers comment, Cech or Casillas are better i think.

Pedro is rapid and cant argue with his 20 goals but with that service from midfield then he really has to score 20 goals atleast. Took his goal brilliantly in the final but i feel there are definately better strikers out there. Not a chance would ronaldo feature, no place for selfishness in that team which works so hard for each other. Having a player with ronaldos attitude and work ethic would ruin the team

Puyol has been injured/carrying an injury this season hence he has been in and out the team. Puyol would be 1st choice if he was 100%, but yeah, if there was a 1 defender I would choose to replace either of they 2 it would be Vidic.

Not a fan of Cech, not as solid as he used to be imo. Casillas would again be my choice.

I threw Ronaldo in because he will simply score more than Pedro, or Villa for that matter, 50 + goals is an incredible achievement. There are better strikers out there but how many will work so hard for the team and still smash in the goals? I think with Pedro not being the main striker and mainly featuring as a wide player 20 goals is exceptional for a young lad. He is only going to get better so I would probably stick with him.

Puyol has been injured/carrying an injury this season hence he has been in and out the team. Puyol would be 1st choice if he was 100%, but yeah, if there was a 1 defender I would choose to replace either of they 2 it would be Vidic.

Not a fan of Cech, not as solid as he used to be imo. Casillas would again be my choice.

I threw Ronaldo in because he will simply score more than Pedro, or Villa for that matter, 50 + goals is an incredible achievement. There are better strikers out there but how many will work so hard for the team and still smash in the goals? I think with Pedro not being the main striker and mainly featuring as a wide player 20 goals is exceptional for a young lad. He is only going to get better so I would probably stick with him.

Yip agreed, pretty much singing off the same hymn sheet! Cant argue with ronaldos tally i suppose but he can resemble a baby throwing his toys out his pram at times!