Wimbledon

sjfc.spl.09-10

As Wimbledon is starting on monday.. Do you think Andy can do it this time?

:roll:

Maybe's yes, maybe's no.

The thing that really annoys me is that the media build him and previous players up simply to destroy him him later he doesn't win and of course this negativity multiplies through society with every other person thinking he's shite when quite clearly he's one of the best players in the world. A simple formula for the media and seemingly lucrative. He may then be referred to as Scottish again and not British. :laugh: I can't remember any British player as good as him. So best to hope and not be disappointed if he has a bad match and goes out, like cup games in football a wee team can cause a shock and knock a bigger team out, and then there's the quarter inals where all the big teams meet. It's gonna be difficult but he's definitely capable.

Best o' luck to him.

• 2 weeks later...

Nadal is just another class. It is unreal some of the shots he can pull off.

It's annoying because Nadal was playing in 2nd gear in the first set which gives the moronic British public hope that Nadal will continue to play not to his best and that Andy is definitely going to win the game.. but Nadal all of a sudden steps up a gear Andy is always classed as a bottler.

That is the best I think I have seen him play in a Wimbledon Semi Final.

I hate all this "meh he doesn't have the mental capacity to win the important games". Oh is that right, well why the hell is he in the Semi's in the first place because to get there he has to play quite a few important games!

Murray missed too many big shots. Nadal wasnt playing his best but that was as much down to Murray as it was Nadal.

Murray was in control up to the 4th game of the 2nd set. He missed a sitter to give him 2 break points and his game completely falters with Nadal then breaking Murray in the next game. 6-2 6-2 with ease.

In the 4th eventually got his game back but it was too little too late and again missed the decisive shots.