IF we make top 6.....

Markinch Saint

what is the split likely to be home and away, obviously depends on who else makes it but given current positions:

Celtic - Home

Rangers - Away

Motherwell - Home

SJFC

Dundee Utd - Away

Hearts - Away

We are reasonably successfull at Tynie and I'd hope to get at least apoint, Motherwell we always struggle against and Dundee Utd away is a difficult ask, then there's the ugly sisters.

hopes and dreams.

COYS

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the split likely to be home and away, obviously depends on who else makes it but given current positions:

Celtic - Home

Rangers - Away

Motherwell - Home

SJFC

Dundee Utd - Away

Hearts - Away

We are reasonably successfull at Tynie and I'd hope to get at least apoint, Motherwell we always struggle against and Dundee Utd away is a difficult ask, then there's the ugly sisters.

hopes and dreams.

COYS

Like your confidence on final league placings

We should get 3 home games and 2 away to take us to a 19/19 home and away split but as we were not in last seasons (or any other) top six we could end up with a 18/20 as they will make sure Celtic and what's left of Rangers play 19/19 and the rest of us just fill in the gaps.

Celtic - Home

Rangers - Away

Motherwell - Home

SJFC

Dundee Utd - Away

Hearts - Away

hopes and dreams.

COYS

should the club if this happens do a two home match deal with a double match ticket. Would mean those who take it up get a reduced rate. Could do a kids ticket with it too again at reduced rates.

If the current top six maintain their positions, it's gonna be a real headache for the fixture folk, as only Hearts of the teams will have a 19/19 split in their fixtures. As we all know and Real Madrid says, they will first of all make sure the Old Firm get their 19 home games, despite the fact the league will likely be won.

One of Saints, United or Motherwell will have to make another trip to Celtic Park and one of the same teams will get Rangers at their place three times. If they do give Rangers twenty home games this season, I think we'll all realise why and it will show the SPL up even more. If it can be done, you'd imagine the logical thing to do would be to make the same team that visits Celtic Park again, get Rangers three times, so they still get four home games against the Old Firm.

Looking at things, would look most likely that Motherwell will do the Old Firm switch, as their fixtures against the other three clubs match but that could leave them with a 18/20 split, which clearly they wouldn't be happy about. Not looked at it in too much detail but not sure they'll be able to avoid one team having that abnormal split.

That would then mean we likely host United three teams to give both of us the 19/19 split.

Last year Dundee United did not get a post split old firm game and I am sure the year before Motherwell had a 18 home 20 away game season. With our away form that may be the preferred option of our players, although the club and the season ticket holders would lose out.

I found this with regard to last season from Ian Blair has a Q&A on the SPL website from the day the split games were announced.

How are the fixtures for rounds 34-38 determined?

The most important thing is to try to ensure clubs finish the season having played 19 games at home and 19 away. We are pleased to say this has been achieved for 2010/11, although in the past some clubs have had 18 home fixtures and 20 away or vice versa.

Will some clubs play certain opponents three times at home and once away?

Yes. Clubs have indicated the highest priority is 19 home and 19 away matches. Unfortunately, to facilitate this, some clubs will need to ‘gain’ one home game and some will need to ‘lose’ one to ensure balance.

So what games have been switched?

In the top six, Rangers will host Dundee United for a third time, Celtic will travel to Kilmarnock for a third time and Hearts are at home to Motherwell for a third time. In the bottom six, the St Mirren v Hamilton Accies fixture will be played in Paisley for a third time.

How do you decide which fixtures are reversed?

We try to minimise the disruption so look to switch the fewest number of matches to achieve a 19 home/19 away balance. We also try to ensure there is no reversal of any of the derby matches. And we also look at what has happened in recent years. This season, for example, Dundee United are losing a home game against Rangers but last season Dundee United gained an Old Firm game at the expense of Motherwell.

Is it possible to avoid reversing fixtures?

The fixtures for the whole season are based on where the clubs finished in the league in the previous campaign. If Hibernian had made the top six, at the expense of Kilmarnock, as they did in 2009/10, then we would have achieved the perfect balance of all clubs playing 19 games at home, 19 away, playing each of the teams in their half of the split twice at home and twice away.

If the current top six maintain their positions, it's gonna be a real headache for the fixture folk, as only Hearts of the teams will have a 19/19 split in their fixtures. As we all know and Real Madrid says, they will first of all make sure the Old Firm get their 19 home games, despite the fact the league will likely be won.

One of Saints, United or Motherwell will have to make another trip to Celtic Park and one of the same teams will get Rangers at their place three times. If they do give Rangers twenty home games this season, I think we'll all realise why and it will show the SPL up even more. If it can be done, you'd imagine the logical thing to do would be to make the same team that visits Celtic Park again, get Rangers three times, so they still get four home games against the Old Firm.

Looking at things, would look most likely that Motherwell will do the Old Firm switch, as their fixtures against the other three clubs match but that could leave them with a 18/20 split, which clearly they wouldn't be happy about. Not looked at it in too much detail but not sure they'll be able to avoid one team having that abnormal split.

That would then mean we likely host United three teams to give both of us the 19/19 split.

I am pretty sure Motherwell have been shafted a few times recently. John Boyle complained about losing out to the tune of 100k each time. Whilst I agree with your logic, the previous seasons complaint will probably make them think twice about giving then 18/20

Personally I think it will be us. We will make the least noise and it would be our first invite to the big boys lunch

Celtic - Home => 0 or 1

Rangers - Away => 1 or 3

Motherwell - Home => 1 or 3

Dundee Utd - Away => 1

Hearts - Away => 1

However before that we should get decent points since we have Hearts home, St.Mirren away, Celtic away (difficult}, ICT home and away.

4th place.

The SPL could give Rangers 38 home games and they'd still be doomed:oops:

see Radfords post

I did read Rad's post and he made a very sensible and logical analysis of a complete mess which seems to happen every year. I don't think it would be fair if the old firm got 20 home games x 50/60 000, and say ourselves, Motherwell or Dundee United get 18 games x 3/5 000.

It's time for Radford to put up our total squad and their contracts somewhere, though, it's that time of year. :) We've got to have a squad for Europe.

Saturday, 17 March - St Mirren v Saints. Kick-off 3pm

Saturday, 24 March - Saints v Heart of Midlothian. Kick-off 3pm

Wednesday, 28 March - Inverness Cale v Saints. Kick-off 7.45pm

Sunday, 01 April - Celtic v Saints. Kick-off 12.45pm

Saturday, 07 April - Saints v Inverness Cale. Kick-off 3pm

SAT 10th March Inverness v Killie .3pm

SAT 24th March Killie v Motherwell .3pm

SAT 31st March St .Mirren v Killie .3pm

SAT 7th April Killie v Celtic .Noon

SAT 17th March Well v Dons .3pm

SAT 24th March Dons v Inverness .3pm

SAT 31st March Hearts v Dons .3pm

SAT 7th April Dons v United .3pm

Celtic 30 45 75

Rangers 29 37 54

Motherwell 29 7 51

Dundee Utd 29 8 40

St Johnstone 28 3 40

Heart of Midlothian 29 4 39

Aberdeen 29 -3 33

Kilmarnock 29 -12 33

St Mirren 29 -11 31

Inverness Caley Thistle 28 -17 27

Hibernian 29 -25 23

Dunfermline Athletic 30 -36 19

Saturday, 17 March - St Mirren v Saints. Kick-off 3pm

Saturday, 24 March - Saints v Heart of Midlothian. Kick-off 3pm

Wednesday, 28 March - Inverness Cale v Saints. Kick-off 7.45pm

Sunday, 01 April - Celtic v Saints. Kick-off 12.45pm

Saturday, 07 April - Saints v Inverness Cale. Kick-off 3pm

SAT 10th March Inverness v Killie .3pm

SAT 24th March Killie v Motherwell .3pm

SAT 31st March St .Mirren v Killie .3pm

SAT 7th April Killie v Celtic .Noon

SAT 17th March Well v Dons .3pm

SAT 24th March Dons v Inverness .3pm

SAT 31st March Hearts v Dons .3pm

SAT 7th April Dons v United .3pm

Celtic 30 45 75

Rangers 29 37 54

Motherwell 29 7 51

Dundee Utd 29 8 40

St Johnstone 28 3 40

Heart of Midlothian 29 4 39

Aberdeen 29 -3 33

Kilmarnock 29 -12 33

St Mirren 29 -11 31

Inverness Caley Thistle 28 -17 27

Hibernian 29 -25 23

Dunfermline Athletic 30 -36 19

It looks as if one win will get us there! I can't see Killie or Aberdeen getting maximum points = 12. However with a game in hand and even with an on-form United we can make the top five and with Rangers unlikely to be out of Admin. by the 31st March.and that will mean Europe. One step at a time.

am gonna shag yer missus

What's your missus like Scooter? We might be able to do a swap for a night but I suppose we'll have to ask them first though, amazingly she might think your not her type. She disnae like neat and tidy males though, she loves to beat them up - she's a rocker.

It looks as if one win will get us there! I can't see Killie or Aberdeen getting maximum points = 12. However with a game in hand and even with an on-form United we can make the top five and with Rangers unlikely to be out of Admin. by the 31st March.and that will mean Europe. One step at a time.

What's your missus like Scooter? We might be able to do a swap for a night but I suppose we'll have to ask them first though, amazingly she might think your not her type. She disnae like neat and tidy males though, she loves to beat them up - she's a rocker.

XXX section for this, boundaries fellas, boundaries!!:laugh: