The CIDER Thread...

Hubands House

Soon to be going nationwide.Thatchers KATY. a popular single variety bottled cider.very nice too.

popular ones amongst us cidereds are Natch..Blackthorn.Thatchers Gold and Katy.Ashton press..And a few of the local farm makes.

THE BRIGHT CIDER LIFE:D

Soon to be going nationwide.Thatchers KATY. a popular single variety bottled cider.very nice too.

popular ones amongst us cidereds are Natch..Blackthorn.Thatchers Gold and Katy.Ashton press..And a few of the local farm makes.

i always prefer the small productions. little chance seeing these brands here in France tho

the thatcher gold, any relation to maggie?

Katy Ashton and Ashton gate?

Ashton press is made in Long Ashton nr Ashton Gate

Katy is made by Thatchers of Sandford nr Bristol,A family firm just starting to go nationwide with their Cider (you lucky people,Katy is a 7.4 beaut).

ps i fkn love cider:D

Is there no a "Thistly Cross" cider thats made in Scotland ?

Not come across that one yet mate .

To be fair this is Cider country,lots of competition .not even that oirish stuff does very well down here.(must be the ice wtf is that all about ):D

If you mention Blackthorn first then I am a little suspicious.They cant give it away round here and very few pubs stock it."Katy" available in off-licences but not seen it in pubs yet. Try "Thistly Cross" it is fermented in old whisky barrels.My local has re-introduced "Addlestones" after taking it out.It is an acquired taste but fine for a couple of pints.

If you mention Blackthorn first then I am a little suspicious.They cant give it away round here and very few pubs stock it."Katy" available in off-licences but not seen it in pubs yet. Try "Thistly Cross" it is fermented in old whisky barrels.My local has re-introduced "Addlestones" after taking it out.It is an acquired taste but fine for a couple of pints.

Blackthorn reinvented itself for the magners/girly/student market,that is the one sold everywhere,the Thorn we have is the original. only sold in this area and totally different.

I was diagnosed coeliac a couple of years ago and as a result had to give up beer, which is probably the one thing I miss most from all the foods and drinks I've had to give up. However, I now drink lots of cider instead. The micro brewery in Bridge of Allan does a fantastic cider, but hells bells the after effects were awful - I lost two days out of my life! BTW, this brewery also do a passable gluten free beer.

I was diagnosed coeliac a couple of years ago and as a result had to give up beer, which is probably the one thing I miss most from all the foods and drinks I've had to give up. However, I now drink lots of cider instead. The micro brewery in Bridge of Allan does a fantastic cider, but hells bells the after effects were awful - I lost two days out of my life! BTW, this brewery also do a passable gluten free beer.

more and more people being diagnosed with coeliac, wich makes life very complicated, especially for children

That single orchard cider in Tescos is excellent.Anyone tried Somerset cider brandy?It`s lovely ...thats right Andy a bit like Calvados only better ; )

Had a bottle as a gift but gave it away as I am sworn off spirits at present and you are spot on about Tescos. p.s. 50p per unit for alcohol officially announced in Scotland today which will see the price of Frosty Jack etc.etc. double. It should not affect premium brands thankfully.

• 2 weeks later...