Any Physio's On Here?

saint sid

or someone that knows about sports injury's?

I was playing in goal lastweek on astroturf, i crouched down to pick up the ball and my foot slipped sideways on the wet surface and my knee cracked, it was feckin sore for a while but managed to play on and even played outfield for half an hour.

The next morning i was in agony and couldnt put any weight on it, it has gradually got better with ice packs and stretch bandage but i thought it would be ok by now (7 days) but isnt, its still sore and stiff, was told it might be torn ligaments and i might go to hospital for x-ray but ive been putting it off hoping it would sort itself. anyone got any ideas? or if its torn ligaments how long till its ok?

p.s. kids take note- dont play football after drinking turkish lager for 5 hours:idea:

what side of the knee is it that is sore? (inside or outside)

Did it feel like something went in and out? (a bit like pulling your finger)

Did pretty much the same as you seem to have done and it took a wee bit longer than a week to fix.

inside of the knee, dont know if anything went in and out, just heard a crack, yes i suppose like a finger pop but louder.

how long did yours take till it was ok?

inside of the knee, dont know if anything went in and out, just heard a crack, yes i suppose like a finger pop but louder.

how long did yours take till it was ok?

Mines took a while but everyone is different and every injury is different.

I would suggest that you book an appointment at a physio or get to a hospital and get it seen to.

I've done both my MCL & ACL ( on separate occasions, being podgy does not help ) the MCL took about 5 weeks before i could move without any discomfort & 2 months before it felt completely right. The ACL took about 4 months to heal properly from pulling it.

Like I said I carry a bit of weight which does Not help recovery. If you've not been get along to your docs to get it looked at.

or someone that knows about sports injury's?

I was playing in goal lastweek on astroturf, i crouched down to pick up the ball and my foot slipped sideways on the wet surface and my knee cracked, it was feckin sore for a while but managed to play on and even played outfield for half an hour.

The next morning i was in agony and couldnt put any weight on it, it has gradually got better with ice packs and stretch bandage but i thought it would be ok by now (7 days) but isnt, its still sore and stiff, was told it might be torn ligaments and i might go to hospital for x-ray but ive been putting it off hoping it would sort itself. anyone got any ideas? or if its torn ligaments how long till its ok?

p.s. kids take note- dont play football after drinking turkish lager for 5 hours:idea:

Kids take note - don't drink turkish lager

you could go to hospital and get a doc who is just wanting to ship you out asap and wont xray it. Dontknow what PRI is like.

i stay in edinbra now, but like you say "best go to doc 1st" thanks for the advice

Kids take note - don't drink turkish lager

i found the bottles of Efes pilsner lager to be a decent drink to be honest and at less than £2 for a large one, good value aswell for a pub.

not the best preperation for a game right enough, but the daft turks wanted to play at 1am when they finished work:roll:

sounds like i better get it seen to:sad:

should i go to doc or should i arrange an x-ray at hospital 1st?

Generally an xray won't pick up on it as its not bone. An MRI scan will pick it up but will probably have to wait on that.

Unless you have some form of health insurance and you jump the queue

Generally an xray won't pick up on it as its not bone. An MRI scan will pick it up but will probably have to wait on that.

Unless you have some form of health insurance and you jump the queue

no, so that confirms it, straight to the doc it is.

i stay in edinbra now, but like you say "best go to doc 1st" thanks for the advice

i found the bottles of Efes pilsner lager to be a decent drink to be honest and at less than £2 for a large one, good value aswell for a pub.

not the best preperation for a game right enough, but the daft turks wanted to play at 1am when they finished work:roll:

Anyway Sid, all the best. I play a lot of tennis and I am now getting on a bit. Only a matter of time I do something similar. But funny, it seems all the fit, sporty guys who end up in crutches at my age.

I've done both my MCL & ACL ( on separate occasions, being podgy does not help ) the MCL took about 5 weeks before i could move without any discomfort & 2 months before it felt completely right. The ACL took about 4 months to heal properly from pulling it.

Like I said I carry a bit of weight which does Not help recovery. If you've not been get along to your docs to get it looked at.

Any rupture of the MCL or ACL DO NOT HEAL.

The swelling may go down and you might think that your knee is better, but it's not. You run the danger of doing further damage if you simply 'leave it to feel better' then play again.

You either require to get the damage repaired surgically, or, if possible, work hard to get the muscle balance around your knee joint right, supporting your damaged MCL / ACL.

you need to get it checked out

no, so that confirms it, straight to the doc it is.

any doctor worth their salt will quickly be able to give you an indication of what the likely injury is by simply doing some movement and flexibility tests on your knee joint. You will then get referred to either the new Royal out-patients or to Lauriston Buildings (where I was on Thursday!!)

surgically :shock:

na, i think i will just forget about playing again Ed, hadnt played for a good few years before last week, so i wont miss it (mental note to self- dont get talked into things when half pished) and not being quite world class, the game wont miss me.

truth is, i lost confidence in doctors a long time ago, hence the reason ive not been (they all seem to be half baked/semi-skilled these days) where they just seem to guess whats wrong with you and just look up the internet in the same way as you can do yourself, or maybe thats just the caledonian rd surgery. Ive not registered with a doc down here yet, so maybe have better luck and get a decent one. ive had one recomended so will give him a shot.

I did my anterior cruciate and medial ligament back in 98 coming home from parkhead.

6 weeks off work, no surgery, just plenty physio to build the muscles up round the knee to support it. They didn't operate back then as it wasn't important for my work that I needed it, not a sportsman or other occupation.

It still pops out from time to time but isn't sore, you just lose confidence in it for a while.

Active sports I have stayed away from but doesn't stop me hill walking or semi active activities.

They did tell me that my cartilage will go at some point but I am still waiting.

What about asking Soupey's mate at Hampden, surely he could sort you out ???????

quote,

Well lads,

Things may be looking up.

I heard a rumour from a friend who is a physio at Hampden that Levein has had a big fall out with the SFA over the Fletcher affair and he is about to go.

They want Fletch back and have apparently chosen to back him over Levein.

It was a bad close season, but finally we may have some good news!

Wee eck for PM, Scotland for the Scotch.

unquote

Stay away from A&E as it is an extended weekend and will be very busy. As your own GP will be closed go to the nearest WIC and ask the Doc to send you for an xray if he thinks it appropriate. That said, many of the WIC's have x-ray facilities. Ring for an appointment or just do as it says on the tin. ie Walk In!

sounds like a twisted ligiment to me, if it is.... rest will sort itself out (if you are having to work and not resting much it will take longer (in the mean time; lots of hot and cold treatment followed by plenty of massages with essential oils...dont hesitate in using a cane to help you walk,avoid strain

surgically :shock:

na, i think i will just forget about playing again Ed, hadnt played for a good few years before last week, so i wont miss it (mental note to self- dont get talked into things when half pished) and not being quite world class, the game wont miss me.

truth is, i lost confidence in doctors a long time ago, hence the reason ive not been (they all seem to be half baked/semi-skilled these days) where they just seem to guess whats wrong with you and just look up the internet in the same way as you can do yourself, or maybe thats just the caledonian rd surgery. Ive not registered with a doc down here yet, so maybe have better luck and get a decent one. ive had one recomended so will give him a shot.

nowt cant beat personnel experience