Any Physio's On Here?

saint sid

nope, just a bit swollen and agony if i walk or get the slightest tap on it or twist it a little bit. been doing the icepack thing but will try the heat in between.

Within 20 mins my knee swelled up like a balloon and the bruising took a week to come out, whole leg was purple. From shin to thigh.

My mate snapped his ACL and MCL while tearing up a dance floor years ago. Didn't realise til next day.

It's amazing how much alcohol masks the pain, he couldn't walk the next day. Nurse compared the pain to being shot!

having never been shot i cant compare, the alcohol defo masked the pain though:laugh:

doesnt seem nothing as bad as what joe said his was like, so maybe a few more days hot and cold treatment will see it ok hopefully

having never been shot i cant compare, the alcohol defo masked the pain though:laugh:

doesnt seem nothing as bad as what joe said his was like, so maybe a few more days hot and cold treatment will see it ok hopefully

I was off it for the first week, no weight on it at all.

If I did put weight on it then being shot would be one way to describe it. You would know if it was as bad as that mate. No doubts.

I was off it for the first week, no weight on it at all.

If I did put weight on it then being shot would be one way to describe it. You would know if it was as bad as that mate. No doubts.

your knee would feel unstable and even standing or moving foward would be painful.

• 2 months later...

use the back of a spoon dipped in hot water and rub the area that is sore and then the ice.....Neurofen (a must in any domestic medical kit (used to take them before and during very tougth exercises in the Legion ( am sure lots of sport stars use them

On the banned list of meds for most athletes/sportsmen.

Got to say I'm always wary with doctors and hospitals when it comes to injuries. I fractured my patella (knee cap) playing football. It went purple instantly and I couldn't walk. Hospital said it would be fine in a few days, just bruising. Waited a week and still couldn't walk so went back and got an xray. Told I was fine, just bruising and swelling. 2 weeks later still couldn't put weight on it. Finally got a second xray which showed the fracture.

Was then told I'd never play football again as the only solution was a plastic knee cap and I was too young to consider it. Physio was a joke, basically was a guy telling me to put soup cans in a plastic bag and do leg lifts and to walk up the stairs in slow motion.

Turned out after 18 months I could play again with the occasional locking of the knee. That's embarrassing though, you just fall over without warning. 4 or 5 years later that stopped too and now it's completely fine.