Massive Blue and White Home Day 18/08/12

themole

Right, I'm probably going to get a load of abuse for this, but the success of the Eses game got me thinking.

The 'Massive Blue and White Home Day' is Saints' event to address the loss of income through the removal of the cheats. This is fantastic, and I hope it is, and expect it to be very successful indeed. However, the 'beat the cheats' attitude is SPL wide, and not just us, and other teams are doing similar.

I spoke to a friend this morning who is a big Aberdeen fan, who will be going to the game. I suggested that it could also be a 'Massive Blue and White and Red Away Day', with Aberdeen fans pulling out all the stops to make it the biggest away support of the season, on the proviso that we would also rally the fans to do the same for the return fixture.

If this were arranged as a Sants and Aberdeen fans together against the impact of cheating in the SPL, it could do a lot for income on the day, and for fans relations as a whole. Perhaps some pre match drinking/merryment arrangements could be made like for the Eses game - perhaps even at McD (extension of the Muirton Suite open to away fans thing - maybe a big tent on the training pitch as mentioned) in some way to boost income on the day.

It's maybe a bit far fetched, but the initial response from Aberdeen fans I know is extremely positive.

Any thoughts? My friend at work is happy to speak to the Aberdeen supporters club folk if you think it has legs.

Cheers

Edited by montrosesaintee
I cnat sepll wroth a siht

Right, I'm probably going to get a load of abuse for this, but the success of the Eses game got me thinking.

The 'Massive Blue and White Home Day' is Saints' event to address the loss of income through the removal of the cheats. This is fantastic, and I hope it is, and expect it to be very successful indeed. However, the 'beat the cheats' attitude is SPL wide, and not just us, and other teams are doing similar.

I spoke to a friend this morning who is a big Aberdeen fan, who will be going to the game. I suggested that it could also be a 'Massive Blue and White and Red Away Day', with Aberdeen fans pulling out all the stops to make it the biggest away support of the season, on the proviso that we would also rally the fans to do the same for the return fixture.

If this were arranged as a Sants and Aberdeen fans together against the impact of cheating in the SPL, it could do a lot for income on the day, and for fans relations as a whole. Perhaps some pre match drinking/merryment arrangements could be made like for the Eses game - perhaps even at McD (extension of the Muirton Suite open to away fans thing - maybe a big tent on the training pitch as mentioned) in some way to boost income on the day.

It's maybe a bit far fetched, but the initial response from Aberdeen fans I know is extremely positive.

Any thoughts? My friend at work is happy to speak to the Aberdeen supporters club folk if you think it has legs.

Cheers

Our game at Pittodrie this year is on the 22nd December.. Don't know if this will increase/decrease our potential attendance.

Cheers

Sounds likes a great idea, I know we are thinking of making the Aberdeen away trip a Christmas day/night out jolly,

Cheers

I like the idea but it is a wee bit too late to change the title given that posters have been printed and distributed. I have to say, I am expecting a decent Dons support anyway and the Muirton suite WILL be open to all on the 18th.

Have just had a picture done up at McD for the PA and Gordon Bannerman is running a story on the initiative and also on season tickets and stuff like that. Hopefully be in the PA on Friday.

Please get your friend to pass the word around the Dons fans. Ask him to get the Dons fans to bring flags , red ballooons and the like. After the well game, I will be putting this up on P&B ( and expect the usual derision from the usual suspects). I will do all I can over there to get the Dons fans to buy into the idea.

Also hoping to get something in the Tully next week as well.. The club are right behind us with this plan which also helps. Lets make sure we get it out to as many people as possible and lets keep pushing the fact that parents can use the Ormond Stand for only £15 with kids under12 included in that price.

Cheers.

Ghostie.

I like the idea but it is a wee bit too late to change the title given that posters have been printed and distributed. I have to say, I am expecting a decent Dons support anyway and the Muirton suite WILL be open to all on the 18th.

Have just had a picture done up at McD for the PA and Gordon Bannerman is running a story on the initiative and also on season tickets and stuff like that. Hopefully be in the PA on Friday.

Please get your friend to pass the word around the Dons fans. Ask him to get the Dons fans to bring flags , red ballooons and the like. After the well game, I will be putting this up on P&B ( and expect the usual derision from the usual suspects). I will do all I can over there to get the Dons fans to buy into the idea.

Also hoping to get something in the Tully next week as well.. The club are right behind us with this plan which also helps. Lets make sure we get it out to as many people as possible and lets keep pushing the fact that parents can use the Ormond Stand for only £15 with kids under12 included in that price.

Cheers.

Ghostie.

Right, I'll speak to him tomorrow. I wasn't suggesting a change in the name at all, just promoting it for away fans. 'beat the cheats' was more our line of thinking. SPL clubs should support each other, and make a stand against the idiots trying to ruin the game.

Are there any other things planned for the day that Dons fans could join in? Mentions above about stuff on the training pitch etc.? Is any of that happening? Just so I know what info to give him. I'll give him a copy of the poster too to explain the idea.

Cheers.

Edited by montrosesaintee

Right, I'll speak to him tomorrow. I wasn't suggesting a change in the name at all, just promoting it for away fans. 'beat the cheats' was more our line of thinking. SPL clubs should support each other, and make a stand against the idiots trying to ruin the game.

Are there any other things planned for the day that Dons fans could join in? Mentions above about stuff on the training pitch etc.? Is any of that happening? Just so I know what info to give him. I'll give him a copy of the poster too to explain the idea.

Cheers.

Nothing else planned at the moment. There may be another couple of things happening but as off now they are not sorted and may not be.

Nothing in the way of marquee on training pitch, just the muirton suite.

Nothing else planned at the moment. There may be another couple of things happening but as off now they are not sorted and may not be.

Nothing in the way of marquee on training pitch, just the muirton suite.

cant get into muirton suite for a drink when there is a few folk in, outside catering / beer tent would be ideal though,

Passed the poster and information onto Aberdeen fan friend - he has passed it onto the guys at their fans forum - feedback was very positive, absolutely on board with the 'beat the cheats' through a bit of co-operation between fans. Great way to encourage more people to go to games both home and away.

Hope it encourages a few more Dons fans along, and a few more Saints fans to go to Aberdeen in December.

Passed the poster and information onto Aberdeen fan friend - he has passed it onto the guys at their fans forum - feedback was very positive, absolutely on board with the 'beat the cheats' through a bit of co-operation between fans. Great way to encourage more people to go to games both home and away.

Hope it encourages a few more Dons fans along, and a few more Saints fans to go to Aberdeen in December.

i would love to go in december.it all depends on what aberdoom are charging admission.

Are the magnificent 7 aware that Perth races are on the same day?Had a suggestion from Glenrothes Saintee to get bookies in situ at ground or in stands, we're aware of some fife sheep going to races rather than McD,hopefully the races won't be too detrimental to the crowd

i would love to go in december.it all depends on what aberdoom are charging admission.
Are you not missing the point? The times I've gone to Aberdeen they have charged a lot, but generally let kids in for £1. Whatever they charge, it is money that will contribute to the continued competition of the SPL without the cheating Sevco c**ts. We have aranged the Blue and White Home day, and we have asked them to bring a bumper away support to boost the atmosphere. This will mean greater gate receipts, but also potentially improve the day for those Saints fans who might just decide to come back again and again. Surely if they do make such an effort, we are morally obligated to return the favour, and if it costs £23 instead of £18, then sobeit - its money going into football, not poured down the drain of a biased SPL.