Glasgow SJFC Supporters Club

Scobby_SJFC

Hi guys, after the trip to EsEs and taking to so many Glasgow based saints I think it's a bit embarresing we do not have at least a group from the city. I think we need to get this sorted and pick a pub and get together for a social pint get to know each other and then perhaps in the future get trains to games or even run buses

Any interest? Even if we can start off small even five or so and build up, if Edinburgh can do it successfully then I think we can too

Hi guys, after the trip to EsEs and taking to so many Glasgow based saints I think it's a bit embarresing we do not have at least a group from the city. I think we need to get this sorted and pick a pub and get together for a social pint get to know each other and then perhaps in the future get trains to games or even run buses

Any interest? Even if we can start off small even five or so and build up, if Edinburgh can do it successfully then I think we can too

Hi Scobby, I'm a part-time Glaswegian, although I spend my weekends in Perth anyway. Definitely up for doing this, I know a couple of others who would get involved as well.

Live in Hamilton so definitely interested. Get the feeling have said that before though!

That's not a dig at anyone incidentally. Best plan is as Scobby suggested, meet for a pint and take it from there. Would say I go to 80% of the games and will continue to do so. Normally travel with 2 or 3 others depending on the game (and any PSJ match) but sometimes just on my own. Even a couple of games a season with a bus or on the train would be great.

Agreed. The best thing to do is to pick a date and time in a bar in Glasgow and spread the word and see who turns up. Even if its only once every month or so it will be enough for people to meet 'local' Saints fans. That way people might gradually start to travel together and eventually who knows a bus might be arranged.

as scobby knows im up for this! live in north lanarkshire but only a 40 minute train, or half hour drive from city centre. Would be happy to meet up with saints in a pub for pints to get things sorted and get to know each other. 9th works for me also, hope to see as many glasgow saints there as possible!

Anybody got a pub preference? Off the top of my head I'm thinking Captains rest on great western road, the Arlington on woodlands roads which are decent boozers

Might be more successful arranging it in the City Centre? Would make it easier for those travelling into the City from outside.

I should be about on the 9th.

I know two other Saints in Glasgow but one is in the police so many not make many games and the other does not seem too interested at the moment.

Shall be getting the train on Thursday for the European game and again on Saturday for the friendly.

Do you buy your train tickets in advance or pay the full fare? I'd love to travel up to the games on the train but with two of us travelling its about double the cost of driving. Certainly a better day out if you don't drive.

I expect we will need to cancel this if Saints go through on Thursday; Marseille will beckon!

Its all pending the result on Thursday Al

No worries Broon, to be honest at the moment the best thing to do is get the group familaried with each other and create a social side to the 'club'. If that leads to us getting trains/buses to games in the future fantastic but small steps right now

Do you buy your train tickets in advance or pay the full fare? I'd love to travel up to the games on the train but with two of us travelling its about double the cost of driving. Certainly a better day out if you don't drive.

I try and plan ahead and buy them early but that pins you to a certain train. With Thursday I am not too sure when I will get to the train station after the Spain game.

Not sure if they do it still but scotrail certinaly used to do a group discount so four people could get the train for the price of three.

I try and plan ahead and buy them early but that pins you to a certain train. With Thursday I am not too sure when I will get to the train station after the Spain game.

Not sure if they do it still but scotrail certinaly used to do a group discount so four people could get the train for the price of three.

Sometimes Sainsbury do a deal with Scotrail and you can get a return anywhere in Scotland for £18. handy for away days to Aberdeen/Ross County/Inverness, worth keeping an eye out for