Kinnoull & Jeanfield Swifts - Grounds

MySpazz

kinnoull played in jeanfield park and shared with perth celtic.

theres bound tae be some smart arse tae put up a photae of jeanfield park or try goggling it.i dinnae think theres fitba played there anymore but the chute is still there.ye got a grandstand view of the game fae the chute when i was a fuqing little nipper.

they played in jeanfield park before tulloch park.so i would say tulloch is there second ground.try looking at the auld PA's in the library if your really determined in finding out more.

Ok, going on like that.....If the ground belonged to Jeanfield, then that would mean Tulloch is their first ground....! :) :)

I remember Perth Celtic used to train up the top of Jeanfield Park and not on the pitch itself. No wonder as the pitch was the muddiest field that I can ever remember. Anyway, when they trained in the winter, they used have a portable floodlight which ran off a power cable which was plugged in to the changing rooms and ran all the way up the hill. When we were nippers we used to crawl half way up the hill and yank the power cable until it fell over.  Next thing was the the thunder of football boots coming down the hill. We never got caught, thank f#ck  :sad:      

Edited by SingaporeSaint

Jeanfield Swifts never played in Jeanfield Park in my life time. Were they ever there?

jeanfield swifts played at simpson park dude.they may have played at jeanfield park if they were playing an away game against kinnoull or perth celtic.but i cannae mind if they were in the same league.this wis 1970's decade .

I remember Perth Celtic used to train up the top of Jeanfield Park and not on the pitch itself. No wonder as the pitch was the muddiest field that I can ever remember. Anyway, when they trained in the winter, they used have a portable floodlight which ran off a power cable which was plugged in to the changing rooms and ran all the way up the hill. When we were nippers we used to crawl half way up the hill and yank the power cable until it fell over.  Next thing was the the thunder of football boots coming down the hill. We never got caught, thank f#ck  :sad:      

It was always nicknamed "The Bowl" and was a hellish pitch to play on. No less because it was also on a slope!

I have just had a look on the Kinnoull website and it states

"The first dressing-room was in the Cow Vennel” recalled Jim McQuhae. “It was certainly rough & ready in these days, and the first time I went to the dressing-room there was a grate in the middle of the floor, and the only lighting was by candles”. After that the club moved to new premises in Bridgend, but this windfall lasted only a week, and no sooner had the premises been fixed up when they were taken over by a joinery firm. It was not until almost five years later, after a long stay in the old St James rooms within the Bridgend Hamlet that Kinnoull finally got quarters of our own by taking over the hut and pitch at Jeanfield Recreation ground (otherwise known as ‘The Bowl’), when Jeanfield Swifts moved to Simpson Park."

Ok, going on like that.....If the ground belonged to Jeanfield, then that would mean Tulloch is their first ground....! :) :)

The Park is called Jeanfield Park but has nothing do do with Kinnoull, just the name of the Park.

Jeanfield played at Simpson Park before moving to Riverside Stadium a few years ago

I remember the odd time one off the teams that played at jeanfield got a good draw in the Scottish Junior cup they would try ans charge admission to the park and it wis a right off way. There always used to be a rake off matches doon the Inch come late summer maybe 2 or three at the same time so maybe Kinnoull and Celtic home venue wis doon the Inch wie the Swifts up at Jeanie park

Who owns both their grounds? Council?

Last time i watched Swifts i was shocked to see they didn't have a bar at the ground....no Social club - where can they get money from?

Also, is it fair assumption that Swifts are more Saints than Kinnoull!

Why do we not play them in pre-season?

Who owns both their grounds? Council?

Last time i watched Swifts i was shocked to see they didn't have a bar at the ground....no Social club - where can they get money from?

Also, is it fair assumption that Swifts are more Saints than Kinnoull!

Why do we not play them in pre-season?

They used to have a bar and resturaunt up at Simpson Park. Anytime I am back always go and visit my cousins in St Andrews and usually end up

at St Andrews United social club great place!!