In The Newspapers Today...................................

HOODLUM65

What in the daily papers do you find amusing, quirky or laughable?

What caught my attention in todays papers, was the guy who was walking the West Highland Way to raise money for " guide dogs for the blind" and stopped off at the Buchanan Arms in Drymen. 

The bloke wandered into a private function before being asked by the co-owner if he had an invite.

The guy (from Dundee) said he was collecting for charity.

When the co-owner told him he should not be there, the Dundee bloke asked if he was being thrown out.

The owner put the hikers hat and rucksack outside and asked the "intruder" to leave.

After a few minutes the guy re-entered the hotel and demanded the co-owners name.

He said his name was Volker Steinmann, whereupon the Dundee fella shouted "Sieg heil" and raised his hand in a Nazi salute.

Sheriff William Gilchrist fined him £240 for refusing to leave licensed premises, making racially offensive remarks and making a racially offensive gesture.

Thought................you can take the boy out of Dundee, but you can't take Dundee out of the boy.

P.S.  It was not reported if he completed his walk or how much money was raised.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the last bit about the cat's nuts getting chopped. Sweet revenge.

My offspring has a bengal and I was asked to look after it one weekend. I love animals especially cats and dogs. However, after spending a weekend with that thing, it has made me think twice of getting another cat ever again. It was manic as if on speed and it did a jobby amongst my yucca tree. Striking cat, though.

Edited by Fair Maid

There was a bit in the courier a couple of weeks ago where part of the headline included "Flashdance".

It was basically a story about some pished up guy dangling his boaby to annoy a couple of door stewards.

Just looked it up again - here it is:

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/angus-the-mearns/man-fined-after-penis-flash-dance-buffoonery-outside-pie-bob-s-1.147146

Never thought I'd read "Penis Dance Buffoonery" in a local paper!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not in the papers yet, but noticed in a BBC News website that the credit crunch is getting worse despite what the coalition are spouting.

Police in Coventry discovered a tunnel to a charity shop, after the staff reported repeated robberies.

The feel good factor is not here/there yet.

• 10 months later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2857096/Forget-maternity-leave-women-PAID-menstrual-leave-month-men-just-lump-leading-doctor-claims.html

Advocating that women should get menstrual leave from work.......er I'd rather have my co-workers minded their own bloody business.

Good idea. They are a feckin mare at the time of month.