Ifa Cup Rd 2 - Barnsley (A)

nips

For the first time in PSJ history we are in the second round of the British IFA Cup and were drawn away to Barnsley.

I reckon the best date to play them will be 15th February, when Saints are away to Celtic. They are up for this, even though Barnsley are playing away from home to Doncaster, which is only about half an hour away. If folk are up for going to the Doncaster v Barnsley game, their manager might be able to get us tickets (depending on availability). So, what I need to know is:

a. who can play?

b. who wants to go to the Doncaster v Barnsley game?

c. who wants to stay the Saturday night for a couple of shandies?

d. would you prefer to go down on the Friday night or very early Saturday morning? It's likely to be a 10:30am kick off.

e. who can drive?

I could do with a decent indication of who intends on playing just in case we need to arrange another date.

Playing:

Aye - Nips, Barca, Dunbar, Matt, Elvis, Joss, Nick F, Dan, Rodgers, Pops, Nelly, Sully, Hendo, Craig, Spew

Maybe - Dale

Naw - Kirky, Rodge, Chris, Nick E, Ruari, Stewart, Grant, Jack

Doncaster v Barnsley:

Aye - Nips, Barca, Dunbar, Matt, Elvis, Joss, Nick F, Rodgers, Pops, Nelly

Saturday night:

Aye - Nips, Barca, Dunbar, Matt, Elvis, Joss, Rodgers, Sully, Hendo

Friday night/Saturday morning travel:

Friday night - Nips, Matt

Saturday morning - Elvis, Joss, Rodgers, Pops, Nelly

Either - Barca, Dunbar, Joss

Able to drive:

Nips, Barca, Matt, Sully

Edited by nips

What will the records show for the first round? 3-2 home victory, Spew hat-trick, Al Christie stand in keeper saves a last minute penalty?...

I'd be unavailable the last 2 weekends in January and first one in feb (guess that would be out since it's semi-final anyway)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right, things as they stand just now:

Travelling down Friday night and staying Saturday night - Nips (driving), Barca, Matt, Dunbar (Spew to confirm)

Travelling down Saturday morning and staying Saturday night - Elvis, Joss

Doing both journeys on the Saturday - Nick, Rodgers, Pops, Nelly, Hendo, Craig, Sully, Dan

Tickets for Doncaster v Barnsley are now on general sale, so I need definite names for who is going to the game so I can sort these out. I'll also need rather prompt payment but I can easily pass on bank details for transferring money.

Those who are also staying one or both nights will need to get money to me to pay for hotels - we are looking at approx £30-£35 per night.

So, what I need you all to do is:

a) confirm you are on the correct list for travelling

B) confirm you want a ticket for the Doncaster v Barnsley game

c) volunteer to drive if travelling on the Saturday! Barca has said he can drive but he's travelling on the Friday, so if someone else can take Joss and Elvis down they will be okay for getting back up the road.

Hurry along please ladies!