Red Web Sally Hotel

redweb

seeking contacts from early seventies  that drank at the red web in the sally    emerald show band days  big group of us most nights  and sundays   brian blellock  denis paton  bill sheila  leannie nellany  gillie from the emeralds  wally  drummer robbie stewart      brian marchall foundation   ring any bells out there     

Went in the Red Web from 67 up to 71 when I left Perth, Knew all the Emeralds my mate Billy McKerchar was the roadie and I helped him out sometime, also went about with Brian Bellock , Bob Moncrief who sadly passed away in oz about two years ago and Denis Paton who was a apprentice with me at Christie the bakers before they all left for Oz in 70, if you go on Perth Chat and look at Chips old Perth photos there are photos and info about the Emeralds.

Went in the Red Web from 67 up to 71 when I left Perth, Knew all the Emeralds my mate Billy McKerchar was the roadie and I helped him out sometime, also went about with Brian Bellock , Bob Moncrief who sadly passed away in oz about two years ago and Denis Paton who was a apprentice with me at Christie the bakers before they all left for Oz in 70, if you go on Perth Chat and look at Chips old Perth photos there are photos and info about the Emeralds.

Sixties, Brian Blellock is my second cousin. He is alive andwell, leaving in New Zealand.

i c an give you some update on Brian Blellock  he is living in New Zealand  as is Dennis Paton     i was best man at Brians wedding late 70s  but he is now seperated  and with a new partner      i worked for a long time with Bob Moncreiff in Sydney then he  moved to Brisbane   he had 2 brothers there  i knew Billy Mc kercher  and his sister worked with my then girlfreind in Mcewans 

Good to hear you still in touch with him.

His mum, died a few years ago. She  was my "Great" Auntie Mary which she really was. They lived at the flats in St John's Square though Auntie Mary moved to somewhere above Murray's the Bakers in the eighties when the square was demolished. When I was young, Brian's mum was one of those family members I felt comfortable to go tell them my parents "didnt understand me". Auntie Mary would make a cup of tea, have a chat and send me home. I hope all young kids today still have someone like that to talk to "when parents are being SO unreasonable" :wink: .

I last saw Brian in the early eighties, when he had visited Perth with his new young New Zealand wife (who was soooo pretty). I spoke to him on the phone when I went to Auckland in the early nineties. I have not been in touch with him since then.

I was really young at the time but Brian seemed so "cool" being in a band etc etc. All the stories about going out with Eve Graham etc.

If anyone interested I will track him down. I get the impression made his new life and hasnt tried to get back in touch with his upbringing that much.                    

Edited by AthensSaint

His mum, died a few years ago. She  was my "Great" Auntie Mary which she really was. They lived at the flats in St John's Square though Auntie Mary moved to somewhere above Murray's the Bakers in the eighties when the square was demolished. When I was young, Brian's mum was one of those family members I felt comfortable to go tell them my parents "didnt understand me". Auntie Mary would make a cup of tea, have a chat and send me home. I hope all young kids today still have someone like that to talk to "when parents are being SO unreasonable" :wink: .

I last saw Brian in the early eighties, when he had visited Perth with his new young New Zealand wife (who was soooo pretty). I spoke to him on the phone when I went to Auckland in the early nineties. I have not been in touch with him since then.

I was really young at the time but Brian seemed so "cool" being in a band etc etc. All the stories about going out with Eve Graham etc.

If anyone interested I will track him down. I get the impression made his new life and hasnt tried to get back in touch with his upbringing that much.                    

http://www.sportsground.co.nz/Article.asp?SiteID=8978&ArticleID=1655

Yeah everybody liked Mary you could have a good laugh with her, we sometimes played cards after redweb on a Sunday lunch when pubs closed always a cup of tea from Mary, Brian was certainly a hit with the ladies could tell a few stories but i wont, Not surprisied your Parents didnt understand you   :wink: