Don't bring a match to the match

shandon saint

Just heard that from today hampden is totally no smoking and that both ibrox and parkhead will be from end of march (in line with the ban on smoking in public places)

From my understanding the smoking ban was for enclosed places only and thus sports stadium would be exempt. So is this ban at hampden voluntry or has it been extended to cover sports stadium too?

If so is there is going to be a smoking ban at mcdiarmid? And how are rock steady going to enforce it?

From my point of view it would be great if there was a ban but think that it will be even harder to enforce at the football than in pubs etc...

Any thoughts?

Hampden are doing this voluntarily I think. There was a bit of chat over whether football stadia were classed as "enclosed" spaces, but I think it was decided they would be exempt from the ban.

At Saints there is a clear choice with the no smoking area in the Ormond half of the East Stand, although I would love a blanket ban, especially with the idiot I was sitting beside who's smoke went in my direction and not his son's - dickhead :evil:

At Saints there is a clear choice with the no smoking area in the Ormond half of the East Stand,

Do the stewards enforce this no smoking rule? I thought that it was only a very small area that was no smoking... like one block of seats? And not the best area to watch the game either

although I would love a blanket ban, especially with the idiot I was sitting beside who's smoke went in my direction and not his son's - dickhead :evil:

I love that about smokers... very considerate to their friends but not the other poor suckers around (pregnant women, asthmatics, young children etc etc!)

At Saints there is a clear choice with the no smoking area in the Ormond half of the East Stand, although I would love a blanket ban, especially with the idiot I was sitting beside who's smoke went in my direction and not his son's - dickhead :evil:

That's something I think Saints have gotten wrong - instead of a non-smoking area, there should be a smoking area. Pick a small part of the stand and say that if you want to smoke, you have to sit there. I'd love to see a blanket ban as well, but think a "smoking area" is more realistic.

i am sure celtic alreay enforce a smoking ban i have been there a few times and remember the stewards being told to go get people to put their fags out. well i am sure i think so! they seem to get directed by a man that sits in the control box in the main stand!

its a filthy habbit anyway :)

There are areas which are no smoking at Celtic but I think this includes the eateries and the bits underneath the stands aswell. Glad they have done it at hampden aswell it was horrible if in the BT stand and go hrough at half time the smoke is incredible.