Hamilton Academical vs. Saints 28/04/07

Guest Nairn Saint

Guest Nairn Saint

It's make or break for Saints with argueably one of the most exciting last day of the season scenarios in our history. The Championship is still very much in Gr£tna's hands and victory in Dingwall for them will render Saint's sterling efforts over the last few weeks as frustratingly fruitless.

I have said on other threads that Gr£tna will not beat Ross County on Saturday and I stand by that. It's all down to how Saints get on as far as I'm concerned and I'm not at all confident that we will win.

Come on then, convince me!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Saints will get a scrappy, and probably late, win but im just not too convinced about the County - Gretna outcome.

On one hand i see County going out and really taking the game to the village people and at least scraping a draw, but on the other i can see Gretna just scraping the result they need.

I'm confident we'll win next week. If we can take the game by the scruff of the neck early on then we could probably come away with another 3-0 win. There'll probably be a nervous start to the game but if we can put our foot on the ball, keep it on the ground then we can start passing it around and go for goal.

I'm certain Ross County will score next week but the question is, will Gretna be able to score, given they haven't scored in 3 or 4 games now?

Kevin James will probably be back and possibly Lawrie dropping to the bench but I would imagine the rest of the team will be the same as yesterday

Seems to be a split here and I'm in the camp that think County will do their part but worry, not about us, but about Hamilton, who are a very good side. They've not lost at home since 16th September and haven't lost a goal at home in the last 5 games. I can't for a second see Steve's prediction of 3-0 coming to pass so can only hope for a 1-0 and wouldn't be at all surprised to see Martin Hardie getting the goal.

Gretna have only actually scored in 4 of their last 11 games and have only won 5 games this year, compared to our 10. It's good that goal difference is out of the equation now as it would always be risky if we had to chase the game next week.

A lot of it could come down to who Hamilton (who will fancy their chances next season) would rather face next season, us or Gretna? Also it's a shame they didn't secure third yesterday as Dundee can still pip them to that.

Gretna have only actually scored in 4 of their last 11 games and have only won 5 games this year, compared to our 10. It's good that goal difference is out of the equation now as it would always be risky if we had to chase the game next week.

It is only out of the equation as far as we can do anything about it, it is still possible we can lose the league on doal difference. Gretna defeat and a saints draw is the nightmare scenario.

what have hamilton got to lose in this game, more importantly what have they got to gain 3 points phhhft i think thell let us win by one goal

I dont honestly believe we want them to 'let us win'

We will win and win well!!!

Just depends on Gretna,who I honestly expect to scrape a draw.

The its Champers all round at my house woo hoo

Guest Nairn Saint
willie mclaren will net a late winner to become the legend he deserves to be.

we'll go up

It's got the making of a game where a legend could be born. Who knows, the Cat going up for an injury time corner ala Mat Glennon! :)

They've not lost at home since 16th September and haven't lost a goal at home in the last 5 games..

I've just noticed that home record myself. One defeat at home in the league all season. Thankfully that was against us.

http://wh-stats.football365.com/dom/SCO/D1/home.html

Mind you Ross County's home performances are better than their away record by a long way so hopefully they'll do something and at least get a draw.

It could go any way. Here is an example timeline -

St.Johnstone take the lead at Hamilton and the crowd go mad!

At this moment Saints are promoted if results stay the same.

Gretna score! :shock:

At this moment Gretna are promoted if results stay the same.

Hamilton equalise. :shock:

Ross County equalise! :D

Saints score! :D

At this moment Saints are promoted if results stay the same.

Hamilton get a penalty ....

Hamilton score! :sad:

Saints go all out for a winner!

Ball through to Jason, he body swerves inside the defender, then shoots high into the top of the net! GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

..................... and the afternoon continues as both games go into injury time. Will it be :cry: or :D .

One thing for sure it'll be - :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: - while waiting for the other result.