Love or hate your job?

Baldy Marc

Most of the time I hate my job but it some times has it's plus points...

We're putting on some corporate hospitality at the Edinburgh BierFest a week on Friday... have a look here - http://www.edinburghbierfest.com/

Then the next day, it's off to another corporate day - debenture seats at the Scotland Game...

Does anyone else have any interesting freebies from work?

Corporate hospitality...the acceptable face of brown envelopes, bungs and back handers. Great days out! Bring it on....!

Ha Ha, I wish my clients saw it as such. We take them out on these things all the time but doesn't normally result in extra business... But, hey - who cares if I get to go along too !! Company credit card about to take a battering !!

I do a lot of 'entertaining' in the name of the company I work for. to be honest we get a fair bit of business from it... football or golf is usually the most popular and with Aberdeen qualifying there could be a nice trip or two coming up.

So far Man Utd v Celtic (CL last season) or the Saints/Hibs Semi final (I actually found a saints supporting client for this one) were probably the best of the bunch.

unfortunately I missed out on a four day golf/drinkathon at the belfry this weekend but 'thems the breaks'.

I do a lot of 'entertaining' in the name of the company I work for. to be honest we get a fair bit of business from it... football or golf is usually the most popular and with Aberdeen qualifying there could be a nice trip or two coming up.

So far Man Utd v Celtic (CL last season) or the Saints/Hibs Semi final (I actually found a saints supporting client for this one) were probably the best of the bunch.

unfortunately I missed out on a four day golf/drinkathon at the belfry this weekend but 'thems the breaks'.

Nice work !!

If they remained in the Belfry then it would be ok! Sutton Coldfields a dump and Birmingham even worse....very few decent drinking establishments.

yeah staying on the premises, entertainment and free drink everynight and then on to the bel-air.

The Bel Air will give them their choice of the local what do you drive-im not really 40-orange skinned-bottled blonde-millionaire seekers! And the women are just as bad!!!

Hmmm... I think I get 10% off that rediculously priced pizza shop in town... we are not allowed to accept gifts, that said, although we never get any of these fabulous freebies, I still think the council is a great place to work (not saying my job is great)... 9 to 5, Monday to Friday, flexible working and decent holidays, means I have the time to do what I need and want socially etc... that's the most improtnat thing for me.

yeah i work for network rail and every week they give us a day off just so we have to work the weekend.ha ha .they think their world class more like third world class.

Amen to that.

Only having worked for the same organisation since after privatisation, I don't even get cheap/free rail travel :mad:

The job's OK, but not too keen on the employer probably sums it up for me.

The Bel Air will give them their choice of the local what do you drive-im not really 40-orange skinned-bottled blonde-millionaire seekers! And the women are just as bad!!!

Yeah I've heard some brutal stories about the bel-end....

as for the what what do you drive question my answer is always about 250 yrds... they soon **** off.

love my job , you get forces discount in quite a lot of places, you get a rail card , travel the world for free andget paid extra for it , tax free cars , booze and fags . you get to use a quality gym for free , and a personal trainer included. plenty of holiday time off. and quite a few ladies love a man in uniform

love my job , you get forces discount in quite a lot of places, you get a rail card , travel the world for free andget paid extra for it , tax free cars , booze and fags . you get to use a quality gym for free , and a personal trainer included. plenty of holiday time off. and quite a few ladies love a man in uniform

Werent you arguing in an older thread about being hard by because of the council tax situation for the forces???! :confused::wink: