Georgia vs. Scotland - The Game

Ronaldo

Maloney should have been hooked much earlier and I just got the feeling that too many players were holding back to try and aviod yellow cards, that was not the sort of defence we are used to seeing Scotland play (did I really say that??? :lol:)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delighted that they're showing it down here, but what a scandalous waste of license-payers' money it is that they're paying thousands of pounds extra to have two different teams of presenters/pundits/commentators/studio etc. Why not just broadcast exactly the same programme in Scotland and England?:?

I just sent a comment to the Editor of Match of the Day about the exact same thing. It makes no sense whatsoever to have two sets of commentary teams covering one match. Is it some sort of weird hangover from some people in England failing to understand Rab C. Nesbitt without subtitles? If that's the case why don't they get Sportscene to cover the England games that are shown in Scotland? Surely given the massive cuts coming there way today this will be the last time the BBC have two broadcasts for one game although I suspect this may mean the give up showing Scotland games down here altogether.

As for the game, we were pretty poor start to finish. The midfield were particularly poor with Fletcher clearly lacking in match fitness, Pearson was awful start to finsh and Maloney never really got going. Neither fullback did much to impress me with Murty in particular guilty of wasting the ball almost every time he was put under a little pressure going forward. The biggest disappointment for me was the dead-ball delivery, far too many wasted free-kicks.

I suspect this may mean the give up showing Scotland games down here altogether.

Part of me was angry they did broadcast it as it showed that they more than likely could have shown loads of other Scotland games but just chose not to. They only cater for Asians and the English in England.

Part of me was angry they did broadcast it as it showed that they more than likely could have shown loads of other Scotland games but just chose not to. They only cater for Asians and the English in England.

I'm not sure what you mean about the asians but to my mind the BBC down here only really cater properly for people who live in and around London. Programs are almost always made there, news stories tend to focus too strongly on the south east, comedies, dramas etc. tend to be based there. That said, I think Scotland gets good coverage when compared to the Wales, Northern Ireland and certain areas of England (the North East and South West for starters) who are all lumped together as one.

I'm not sure what you mean about the asians but to my mind the BBC down here only really cater properly for people who live in and around London. Programs are almost always made there, news stories tend to focus too strongly on the south east, comedies, dramas etc. tend to be based there. That said, I think Scotland gets good coverage when compared to the Wales, Northern Ireland and certain areas of England (the North East and South West for starters) who are all lumped together as one.

Its a straight forward comment about the Asian coverage. Just check your tv schedules, especially BBC2, and see how many programmes are for the Asian market. Thats before you look at the dedicated BBC Asian Network, their own digital service.

I dont know which progammes you watch to say Scotland gets good coverage.

I dont understand your comment about the North East and SouthWest being lumped together.

Its a straight forward comment about the Asian coverage. Just check your tv schedules, especially BBC2, and see how many programmes are for the Asian market. Thats before you look at the dedicated BBC Asian Network, their own digital service.

I don't have a Census to hand to prove it or anything like that, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are more Asians living in Britain than Scots. Therefore I don't see any problem with the coverage they get. Also, Scotland has its own BBC network too.

I don't have a Census to hand to prove it or anything like that, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are more Asians living in Britain than Scots. Therefore I don't see any problem with the coverage they get. Also, Scotland has its own BBC network too.

Last census had 1.5m Asians. They refused to add Scottish, Irish etc to the last census so there are no official statistics for us but im sure there will be more first/second generation Scots than that in England and we are rarely catered for.

Scotland doesnt have a network within the BBC. If it did I could acess it down here. It has a station broadcasting to Scotland and does not cater for Scots living outside of Scotland.

I dont understand your comment about the North East and SouthWest being lumped together.

What I mean is as far as the national coverage of England is concerned every part of it is pretty much lumped together as one with very little focus on specific areas apart from London and occasionally Manchester, Birmingham and Liverpool. The North East and South West are almost totally ignored in terms of national coverage, Sotland (as a whole) does better in national terms than either of these areas.

Too many passengers last nite.

Fletcher playing the whole game benefits Man Utd and not Scotland. Passing by Ferguson was simply poor.

They were up for it and we were no! Georgia Tinks 2-0 Hearts XI!?!?!?!

The strip is crap as well. Barry Robson shouldve come on when we made a double suby, they were scared at set pieces and he is one of the best in the trade of "pin-point crosses"

Lets Pump Italy at home!!

I can't believe some people think Robson should have come on - yes we were pish last night, but anyone who thinks he would have improved things must be deluded.

We were wasteful with a few dead ball situations last night, but we did manage to get a couple of decent ones in but the Georgian's were first to everything.

It was a risk playing Fletcher, and unfortunately he just wasn't sharp enough, but it could just have easily paid off as he's played for Scotland before despite getting little time for United and still done well.

We simply can't cope with having as many players out injured/suspended as we did last night.

i'd have to agree , too many at once .

I agree, but! we were playing against a very inexperienced team. Not many had pass marks in the claret shirt. thought Fletcher, Pearson and Maloney were all well below par. midfield was terrible and was the downfall to the result. The Georgians were running through at ease, even their centre half went on a stroll through the middle of the park at one point.

Would have taken the last game against Italy to mean so much at the start of the campaign, just feel we lost a very good opportunity to pick up important point(s) last night.

Last census had 1.5m Asians. They refused to add Scottish, Irish etc to the last census so there are no official statistics for us but im sure there will be more first/second generation Scots than that in England and we are rarely catered for.

Scotland doesnt have a network within the BBC. If it did I could acess it down here. It has a station broadcasting to Scotland and does not cater for Scots living outside of Scotland.

The easy solution to all this is not to bother paying your license fee. Honestly, nothing will happen to you. The BBC don't deserve the money, especially now that they've stooped so low as to show Terry Wogan's naughty bits on "Points" of View.

Organisation was poor, we needed someone to boss the midfield (why Quashie has been completely ignored is beyond me). Defence looked very poor for the first time in a while. Everyone looked tired and bored, like they knew they were going to lose so couldn't be bothered.

I think it's all psychological: Ukraine were the big test that we were all hyped up for, Georgia seemed like an easy one after that and France, so maybe the players thought they'd walk it.

The BBC finally puts a Scotland game on and we're crap.

The easy solution to all this is not to bother paying your license fee. Honestly, nothing will happen to you. The BBC don't deserve the money, especially now that they've stooped so low as to show Terry Wogan's naughty bits on "Points" of View.

You watch Points Of View???!:shock:

I didnt pay my licence for years and I actually got a knock on the door from the tv detector guys! Couldnt believe it! Had to pay up. :cry:

I can't believe some people think Robson should have come on - yes we were pish last night, but anyone who thinks he would have improved things must be deluded.

Why's that?

He's been in very good form for Dundee United this season. 3 of our midfielders were gash last night and Ferguson wasn't too far behind.

Chance to give him a cap, little bit experience and you never know he might have done something (when it was obvious Pearson/Fletcher were not!)

Was a frustrating game to watch. Hopefully Brown,Hutton,McCulloch and Naysmith will all be back for the Italy game.

Fletcher was not fit,Pearson was totally uncommitted,Alexander is pish and Weir hasn`t got the pace,Maloney was also very disappointing.

Lacked Hutton quick breaks up the wing,Browns in your face aggro and McCullochs strong presence.Lets hope we get it together for the Italy game.Here`s to glorious defeat

Why's that?

He's been in very good form for Dundee United this season. 3 of our midfielders were gash last night and Ferguson wasn't too far behind.

Chance to give him a cap, little bit experience and you never know he might have done something (when it was obvious Pearson/Fletcher were not!)

Quite simply because he is not good enough. He's decent at United, but to throw him in to such an important game as last night, IMO, would not have been a good idea. We were quite right to stick with the more experienced guys. Putting him on probably wouldn't have weakened us due to the performances of those you mention, but I have my doubts that he would have made a positive difference.