Scotland v Italy tickets

lawman

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone will give you the answer you are looking for one day Simon.

Keep asking though:D

There's not a specific answer I'm looking for. I honestly don't understand why it wasn't made bigger. It's always seemed obvious to me that there would be occasions when the national stadium would need more than 50,000 seats. A giant Azteca-style cauldron should have been built - not the Micro Machines rubbish we've ended up with.

As the person who started this thread, I would like to just say that miracles DO happen! After trying from 9 a.m. until leaving for the Dundee match and not being able to get through I picked up on the additional number given by wee John earlier in this thread. Amazingly, after a few tries I got through at about 4:30 and managed to get two tickets in the family stand. One really happy 12-year-old and relieved dad!

And before I get a few p.m.'s about my original ticket I was delighted to be able to pass it on at face value to two prominent local members of the Tartan Army (no prizes for guessing who) who I know will in turn pass it on to a genuine supporter.... much as I would have liked your offer of a pat on the back and a crunchy bar, Noose! Sorry!

Thanks again John for putting the additional number on the website! I hope it helped a few other people, too.

Thanks Noose and actuallyI think I owe you an apology-my last post didn't read the way it was meant;not suggesting you're not a gen supporter, just that I wanted to give the ticket to someone I knew who would pass it to someone they knew. Sorry! Don't think you took offence anyway!

I find it quite frightening that there's already talk of redeveloping Hampden yet again. I never agreed with the place being redeveloped in the first place (Glasgow already has the two biggest football grounds in the country, so what need is there for a third?), but if they really had to do it they could at least have got it right first time round by making it big enough etc.

If there genuinely is hope of Scotland bidding to host a tournament in the future, then any money knocking about should be spent on developing the grounds elsewhere in the country, not wasting even more of it on Hampden.

You're totally right. There's not going to be any Euro competition if everything in Sotland is skewed/concentrated in Glasgow. There are adequate rail links to Stirling from north, south, east and west and so locating a new state of the arts stadium, self financcced over 50 years, designed to be capable of adjusting to hold smaller to huge crowds, near Bannokburn :) would be brilliant.

For a Euri bid then we would have the six locations - Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and the national stadium at Sirling (Bannckburn Stadium). Have you ever noticed that when you play Rangers or Celtic in a cup final or semi-final at Hampden you always feel like the away side? A distinct advantage for the OF. This stadium could be multi functional and take the huge bands that McD can't get.

Hampden was struggling to be full for most games before this decent run of results, now everyone wants in on the bandwagon theres people moaning it's not big enough. It is a total nonsense to have two 'national' stadiums (Hampden and Murrayfield) in a country the size of Scotland though. Particularly when the Rugby stadium is significantly larger and Rugby Union is nowhere near as popular as football.

You're totally right. There's not going to be any Euro competition if everything in Sotland is skewed/concentrated in Glasgow. There are adequate rail links to Stirling from north, south, east and west and so locating a new state of the arts stadium, self financcced over 50 years, designed to be capable of adjusting to hold smaller to huge crowds, near Bannokburn :) would be brilliant.

For a Euri bid then we would have the six locations - Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and the national stadium at Sirling (Bannckburn Stadium). Have you ever noticed that when you play Rangers or Celtic in a cup final or semi-final at Hampden you always feel like the away side? A distinct advantage for the OF. This stadium could be multi functional and take the huge bands that McD can't get.

You always get the sense that you are sitting in the Rangers or Celtic end at Hampden, and whenever I look at my ticket I judge it on this basis.

You always get the sense that you are sitting in the Rangers or Celtic end at Hampden, and whenever I look at my ticket I judge it on this basis.

That is because like it or not most Scottish football fans call the west the rangers end and the east the celtic end.

The SFA keep this going by giving them their traditional ends every time, just for once it would be funny if the changed it round.

Now that would be brave of them.

Would they ever do it?

NEVER.

That is because like it or not most Scottish football fans call the west the rangers end and the east the celtic end.

The SFA keep this going by giving them their traditional ends every time, just for once it would be funny if the changed it round.

Would they ever do it?

NEVER.

Doesnt really bother me and it is their traditional ends so no point in mixing it around. I personally prefer the Rangers end and tbh I could'nt tell you which was west and which was east, again thats probably being a weedgie so they're only refered to as Rangers/Celtic end back home.

Like you say though, if they mixed it around for 1 match there would be uproar LAUGH OUT LOUD, I wouldnt be suprised if they partly boycotted the match for such a dispicable arrangement

Would they ever do it?

NEVER.

Don't they also have their traditional changing rooms as well?

Hampden was struggling to be full for most games before this decent run of results, now everyone wants in on the bandwagon theres people moaning it's not big enough. It is a total nonsense to have two 'national' stadiums (Hampden and Murrayfield) in a country the size of Scotland though. Particularly when the Rugby stadium is significantly larger and Rugby Union is nowhere near as popular as football.

I'm ain't jumping on no bandwagon (as the kids would say). I've always thought Hampden was too small. If there are going to be empty seats when the team's playing poorly or it's a smaller game then so be it, but the SFA should have recognised that there are always going to be big, crucial Scotland games over the years that more than 50,000 people are going to want to go to.

I agree about the two national stadiums though. I don't see why both the football and rugby teams can't just use Murrayfield.

Completely agree... Scottish football needs some devolution so that we can stop being ruled from Glasgow. Having to go there for international games, as well as whenever your club gets to a Cup semi-final or final, just isn't right. Jeez, it's not even the capital. I've always felt a truly national team should play all over the country, and bring international football to all of the people - not just those who happen to live in Glasgow. If we were to successfully bid for a tournament though, hopefully one of the benefits of being left with all those large stadia would be that the SFA would have no excuse not to rotate the Scotland team's home fixtures around the country. In reality, I doubt it would happen even then, though.

Completely agree... Scottish football needs some devolution so that we can stop being ruled from Glasgow. Having to go there for international games, as well as whenever your club gets to a Cup semi-final or final, just isn't right. Jeez, it's not even the capital. I've always felt a truly national team should play all over the country, and bring international football to all of the people - not just those who happen to live in Glasgow. If we were to successfully bid for a tournament though, hopefully one of the benefits of being left with all those large stadia would be that the SFA would have no excuse not to rotate the Scotland team's home fixtures around the country. In reality, I doubt it would happen even then, though.

Thats nonsense, if you are being serious! It's the biggest city in the country and within easy reach of the vast majority of people in Scotland. Why do you need to rotate national fixtures around a country the size of Scotland anyway? Playing the odd game in Aberdeen makes sense for those up north to see the team now and then, which I agree with but for crying out loud, you would think Glasgow is on the other side of the planet not within decent travelling distance for most of the population. As for cup games, the same applies unless you are unlucky enough to live outwith the central belt.

Thats nonsense, if you are being serious! It's the biggest city in the country and within easy reach of the vast majority of people in Scotland. Why do you need to rotate national fixtures around a country the size of Scotland anyway? Playing the odd game in Aberdeen makes sense for those up north to see the team now and then, which I agree with but for crying out loud, you would think Glasgow is on the other side of the planet not within decent travelling distance for most of the population. As for cup games, the same applies unless you are unlucky enough to live outwith the central belt.

I share your sentiments Corned Beef.Agree with others that Hampden is too small though.Surely it`s logical to have the national stadium nearest the largest centre of population.Don`t all countries do this?

Hampden is massively important to Scotland as a footballing nation, so there's no reason why we should move about. It's an hour from Perth so don't understand the major issue? As for all the choocters up north, it gives them a chance to visit a city and get away from their bubbles. Glasgow also has about 10,000 boozers so its perfect for pre-match drinks.

Italy since the summer have played France at Milan, Georgia in Genoa and South Africa in Sienna.

France since the summer have played Scotland in Paris, Lithuania in Nantes and are playing Morrocco in San Denis.

Germany since the summer have played Romania in Cologne, the Czech Republic in Munich, and are to play Cyprus in Hannover and Wales in Frankfurt.

Spain since the summer have played Denmark in Madrid, Icceland in Palma Mallorca, and Latvia in Oviedo.

Holland since the summer have played Romania in Rotterdam, Bulgaria in Amsterdam, Slovenia in Eindhoven.

I accept smaller countries like Ireland where the population is sparse outside the capital city can't do the above. They should never go for a major hampionship finals.

Maybe Scotland is the same then. Small, cconcentrated in one area and not suitable for national championships but fine for a Euro final.

It could have been much more.

I think Glaswegians should get out more and see Scotland. They're very insular.

No offencce Baldy Marc, Nips and Saint In Exile but I ccome from it from another angle.

I wouldn't say that Palma Mallorca, Sienna or Eindhoven are bigger than Aberdeen or Dundee far less Edinburgh and that's Spain, Italy and Holland who are major international football nations. Why should they do something that Scotland doesn't? Scotland is fascinated by trying to look big to the outside world i.e, England, rather than taking its football to the whole nation. Aberdeen and Inverness football fans are the most travelled and strong willed football fans and deserve honours, Glaswegians need football laid on a plate and will only come out if they win most weeks. Very weak.

Scotland will never get a Euro championship with this attitude, football in Scotland suffers atrophy i.e. lack of circulation to all its areas. How the hell can we ask foreign football fans to come to all Sotland's areas if many Scottish fans themselves aren't willing to have the international games played outside Glasgow, a city with the largest amount of England fans outside England and the largest amount of irish football fans outside Ireland. In fact an area of the the city called Ireland, Glasgow produces players for Ireland thereby reducing the number of players available to Scotland.

Glaswegians - See Scotland and Die! It's beautiful. :cool:

I'm sure Eindhoven and Palma are bigger than Aberdeen and Dundee...Siena is small if my geography is right though.

I can see where you are coming from Ronaldo but why would you rotate games around the country when really the only place they could be moved to outwith a 100 mile radius, is Aberdeen. I'm not sure on the stats but I'm sure the majority of support for Scotland purely based on population is the West Coast, so why doesnt it make sense to have most of our games there? Given that the transport links in the central belt are reasonable, not great but you could be most places in an hour or two by bus or train and an hour or so by car, it's not as if people are being asked to trek to Mongolia.